Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: TACTICUS  (Read 48635 times)

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TACTICUS
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2007, 07:31:00 am »

I invoke 5th edition's relaboring rule (subsection c.5.4) to apply the legendary stat boosts from 2 of my 3 dead fey dwarves onto my living ones.
Since I have lost control of the dwarf bones, the relaboring rule (subsection f.7.q5) allows me to allocate the stats to a skill different from the one they gained legendary status in.
My cheesemakers are now a legendary mason and a legendary animal tamer.
Due to the deathskull eve substandard skill allocation rule (revised), my animal tamer is also a grand master mechanic.
My mason contrusts a masterwork felsite door capable of shutting out all light through the seams.
My animal tamer / mechanic constructs a masterwork resizable animal trap.
Since the mandatory partner Crystal Spindes rules are in effect, I assume we are using the 5th edition version, which allows a player controlling no units other than dwarves to move dwarf units belonging to an ally once every third turn. I use Turgid Bolk'd miner to dig a shaft.
I place the animal trap inside the shaft with my soaper as bait and then install the felsite door on the entry to the shaft.

My soaper is in a very dark place.
He is likely to be eaten by a grue.
Urist Dwarvenname has been struck down.

My legendary pump operator (from the artifact screw pump) re-tames the grue.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2007, 07:58:00 am »

Can someone give me a link or something so I can see these rules?
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Fenrir

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2007, 08:14:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kyselina:
<STRONG>Can someone give me a link or something so I can see these rules?</STRONG>

Just read what they're posting and you can tell that they're making all this crap up.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2007, 09:15:00 am »

But powergoals (42 and 43 I think) got something about games of tacticus too, it gotta be something.

Fenrir

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2007, 09:25:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kyselina:
<STRONG>But powergoals (42 and 43 I think) got something about games of tacticus too, it gotta be something.</STRONG>

It probably will be something, but this thread likely has nothing to do with that something, except for sharing a name. They're all just blithering madmen.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2007, 10:49:00 am »

Blasphemy!

This insult sends me into a blind fury, canceling my initial plan of opening. I instead choose now to invoke Pantshelm rule C-1 subsection 12 line two, which allows a player to summon a dimensional rift. Such a rift may only be summoned once every 27 turns.

I then proceed to place 10 flying zombie carp five squares from the main farm in ambush.

This is not a signature.

Fenrir

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2007, 11:19:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Skeeblix:
<STRONG>Blasphemy!

This insult sends me into a blind fury, canceling my initial plan of opening. I instead choose now to invoke Pantshelm rule C-1 subsection 12 line two, which allows a player to summon a dimensional rift. Such a rift may only be summoned once every 27 turns.

I then proceed to place 10 flying zombie carp five squares from the main farm in ambush.</STRONG>

Case and point...

WillNZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2007, 11:35:00 am »

quote:
It probably will be something, but this thread likely has nothing to do with that something, except for sharing a name. They're all just blithering madmen.

Are you calling the time-honored tradition of Tacitus the game of madmen??? Of course there's a set of rules, they are set in stone! Miles of stone, in granite, at the bottom of the great Fortress of Pantshelm, for all to see. Only elves don't know that. Are you an elf?!

Do not be disheartened, dear players! This noble game must be finished! ONWARD!!!

Dwarven Malcolite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kingomofloathing.com/login
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2007, 11:41:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Fenrir:
<STRONG>
Case and point...</STRONG>

Well, that's not in the spirit of Tactitus at all, is it now? As has been said earlier, this game is much like the earthly game of Calvinball without the ball, and as such, makes an extremely fun exercise of the intellect.

Also, since fifth edition has been referenced, I'm going to have to apply the Observer Initiation Clause, found in appendix 768-04, which allows me, as a person who has been watching but not actively playing to move the philosopher into the treasury, taking control of it for 4.234512 points and putting out the lights. As you all know, should he be attacked and killed by the grue or anything else the game will be rerolled per Rondol's use of rule 1a. Also, I have my ranger, who snuck in with the last load of immigrants, dump the booze into the garbage dump, which I have designated over the magma vent. I'm sure you can see what should happen soon.

As I recall, there is a one move window in which one can leave a dark place before the grue gets them. Also, a tentative alliance is extended towards Skeeblix, as our combined knowledge of the proper form should be enough to triumph. Skeeblix, do you accept?

Philosopher: Hmmm, am I alive, or am I dead? Is this treasury part of the grand plan, or a simple illusion? If I douse these lights and cover the entrances, casting the place into darkness, does it become a falsehood?

Ranger: I cannot just throw this away!
Voice: Yes, you can!
Ranger: Fine, have it your way. Now, where's the dump? Ah, there it is.

[ November 11, 2007: Message edited by: Dwarven Malcolite ]

he Jade Blizzard of Fury, an Enormous Cave Bone Corkscrew. Beware the Fury.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2007, 01:51:00 pm »

Ally: Apologies for not letting you in on my plan, but if you haven't noticed, my trolls have spent several turns tangled in webs, which has severely impacted their morale. My search for your elf was the only thing I could think of to get one of my most valuable trolls a much-needed morale boost (Hey! Trolls need lovin' too!).

However considering that plan was a failure, I'll have to find another way.

I believe we've managed to cause enough damage to the fortifications and gate for there to be cracks, through which the water which is flooding it are starting to pour out. Thus, I'll order my whelps to throw all the fish into the fortress, thereby taking control of the Great Hall since I don't think anyone else has the ability to survive in there for long, save maybe the iron man that was in the still, but I think that he's taken care of.

Carp uses Splash!
Carp: *splash*
The attack was ineffective.

The, for the morale boost, my trolls are going to have a massive, disgusting orgy of awfulness. This gives them a +30% boost to their morale.

Troll:
...Actually on second thought, I don't think we need a narrative of that.

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Xenomorph

• Bay Watcher
  • has sprung from ambush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2007, 02:02:00 pm »

Since I'm now totally confused, I'm invoking Rule 74c(i)(a)(iv) and teleporting the Thrower goblins to... [clatter] ...square TN17, level -4.

Meanwhile, my Ambusher goblins reach the gate and begin crawling over each other, just next to the trade depot.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »

quote:
You are only allied with the chasm and not have them effected by either the screw physics bonus or its counter, gravity notices. By that they would not be under your direct control and will not add to your undead count.

We are playing with the super noble fun variation right? I have a crown and a secpter and a ring. That gives me +6 noble points times two because of the two heads, allowing me to declare myself a baron. Seeing as there are no other nobles in the alliance, I can totaly take over the chasm.

quote:
In addition you have to remember the dozens of bone bolts that would count toward my score.

The bone bolts don't count, only undead with skulls count toward total number of undead.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2007, 02:31:00 pm »

Can I join this or next game?

Dwarven Malcolite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kingomofloathing.com/login
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Grek:
<STRONG>

The bone bolts don't count, only undead with skulls count toward total number of undead.</STRONG>

How do you know that the bolts are not <<Dwarven>>, with images of dwarven skulls in dwarven bone on them? In that case, the bolts could indeed count towards the number of undead as they would have skulls. After all, thanks to the Gica Sareve dispute, it is not technically required for one to display whether or not an object has been decorated.

he Jade Blizzard of Fury, an Enormous Cave Bone Corkscrew. Beware the Fury.

chub chubs

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »

in light of rule b2 406.1092 i join under the title "person who got lost but has all right to join seeing as he found his destination and it is engulfed in a game of taxticus"

i have a caravan of 4 dwarf peasants and 2 pack mules.

i would also like to request a alliance with THLawrence on the basis of references concerning the best book ever.

my caravan moves into the great hall and sets up camp unaware of the battles tacking place around them

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21