Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: TACTICUS  (Read 48627 times)

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
Re: TACTICUS
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2007, 05:46:00 am »

I invoke rule 9001.1/0.*, paragraph -4, which allows me to join the game with a starting bonus of 2500 points. Unfortunately, I am also forced to only start with nobles. Therefore, I will take one Adamantite King, allowing me to summon four gremlins per turn, as per rule 90124.56.3.7, which also gives my king to power to go up or down one z-level per turn.

My king levitates, summons four gremlins on triangle 45a, and ends his turn.

Commentary:

Adamantite King: Kumbayaaaaaa.
Gremlins: Snork!

Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2007, 08:45:00 am »

My kobold army finally arrives, splintering off into 10 groups of 5. Half of them immediately head of towards Grek, while the rest take cover inside the local forest, waiting for an oppurtunity to strike.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Gulfd'An

« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »

this has been dead quit some time but with the help of my named flood gate i will resurect this thread!

floodgate (stan): chant chant chant chant
greater molochs: chant chant chant *rampage and/or kill everything in a druid like maner*

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2008, 05:03:00 am »

I collapse all probability waves according to the 8627:t rule of outside observation and call Murphys law.

The spinning gamma rays strike the gaming board!
Everybody gets cancer.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »

Oh no, not cancer! My only weakness!
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2008, 12:19:00 am »

I laugh at your puny attempts to kill me, for BEHOLD!

(Whips out a clear glass bottle with liquid inside it.)

THESE ARE CHUCK NORRIS' TEARS!

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2008, 01:30:00 am »

how 2005 of you

:o

[ January 29, 2008: Message edited by: Red Jackard ]

My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2008, 11:33:00 am »

I join the game, invoke rule 1876 of the IIIrd rulebook (Halburg edition), "natural radiation resistance" on my adventurer (dwarf axeman) and his companions (4 drunks).

As I have now used 300 + 4 * 100 = 700 points, this still leaves me 300 points on my first turn, of which I use 150 points to create a "point blank" in the middle of the map and store the rest of the points there for later use.

I also use my first turn extra initiative to spawn a goblin spearman on the other side of the map, triggering a siege and scoring me 500 more points, which, too, are stored.

*A vile force of darkness has arrived!*

Dwarf: Damn, who're they?
Drunk: IT HAS COME.

Also, you may wish to note that, as my dwarf has no gear, I can, at will, invoke rule 1547 ("Clothmadness") of beforementioned book, making all other military dwarves on any, existing or non-existing, maps to enter either a berserk rage or tear off their clothes and run about, babbling.

[ January 29, 2008: Message edited by: Dwarfaholic ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 06, 2008, 08:10:00 am »

*bump*
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2008, 01:36:00 pm »

The failure of this game can be clearly attributed to the divergence from the canon First Edition rules.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

Oh, cripes. First Edition was overrated and imbalanced horribly.

With the rise of the Second Set Handbook, which is where the brilliant Urist Anusitches maneuver originated, the canon rules of First Edition became completely pointless.

The new turn order calculations and more specifically, the recharting of the damage tables made Tacticus a completely different game.

This is not a signature.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 06, 2008, 02:48:00 pm »

No no, the most stable edition was the 1.5 complexity special edition, however it favored quadratic increase strategies that the elite could not adapt to fast enough and s they spread false rumors about the M-degrading rules of it. this led to it soon being forgotten.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 06, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »

Well, if this is the case, I say we kick off round two.

I'll lead with 16 skeletal carp outside the main entranceway positioned for Maxwell's Opening Sequence.

This is not a signature.

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 06, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

I shall counter with the Utrecht Gambit, dropping four hammerdwarves and Stanley Burrell in the statue garden.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2008, 06:24:00 pm »

Hm, I hadn't imagined someone would recount that technique. Wasn't that one outlined in its basics in Issue 41 of "Strategic Ploys for the Tacticus Master"?

At any rate, hats off to your excellent starting play.

I invoke Clause 117 of Pantshelm ruleset and take the time to reinforce my skelecarps with an additional 5 goblin swordsmen. 6 of my carp move into The Semicircular Distraction formation, and the rest flop about menacingly.

This is not a signature.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21