Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: TACTICUS  (Read 48626 times)

Fenrir

Re: TACTICUS
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2007, 05:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bingbing:
<STRONG>Reply to Query: It doesn't matter how invisible you are if people can see your shadow. </STRONG>

How can you cast a shadow if you don't block light? If you did block light, you wouldn't be invisible, people would see a black mass.

Gulfd'An

« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2007, 05:45:00 pm »

so we will conclude it with: invisible meen "bending light" and any other forms
cast a shadow so don't work thus invisible meens "bending light"

Fenrir

« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2007, 06:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gulfd'An:
<STRONG>so we will conclude it with: invisible meen "bending light" and any other forms
cast a shadow so don't work thus invisible meens "bending light"</STRONG>

I'll have to read Appendix Q: Light and Shadow And Their Effects Upon Game Entities in Play, table 8, column 6, row 1, paragraph 2, sentance 5, word 9, syllable 2, letter 1 of "Dwarf Fortress Physics" to confirm this.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »

My maggot has finished it's fey mood. The result is Utheglurak Igangdugud or "Cancercanker the Goo of Squirming".

This is a Dwarven cheese. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It meneces with spikes of dwarven milk and studded with purring maggot and mold. On the item is an image of cheese in cheese. The cheese is rolling.

My newly formed mass of artifact cheese starts to roll downhill toward the trade depot.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2007, 07:16:00 pm »

My hammerdwarf notes the artifact cheese rolling at him at high speed, and he wisely steps out of the way before said cheese rams into the depot, splintering into a huge mass of cheese shrapnel. (rolls) Oh dear, it seems he has been hit four time in the chest. Let me just quickly refer to the damage table someone kindly referred to.
---
Well, it seems he's been killed dead. Ouch.

Also, I quickly propose an alliance with Grek and will wait until it is either accepted or declined. You get half o' my kobold army if you do.

[ November 14, 2007: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2007, 08:15:00 pm »

Well, it's not so much invisible as it is transparent.

Anyway, all we have to do is consult the Version 3 handbook and see howe to solve this.

Rule 3 Section 5, first paragraph: "If an arguement can't be concluded safely, the person with the first letter of their name closest to A wins the arguement by default."

You still get half the points and the ninja.

Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Gulfd'An

« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2007, 09:27:00 pm »

due to the laws of the universe that particular rule is stored in the alpabet goes cabdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz(that is the only change) so i get the ninja ha!

CharonX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2007, 09:33:00 pm »

Substitute Random Events Referee here again, with a brief update.

Dwarven Malcolite: Apologies, I must have missed the transfer of control (I blame the browser for eating my initial post). Anyway, the *Live Carpsilk Yarndwarf* spawns next to the cat, directly under the cat's control. The Yarndwarf looks rather confused, and menaces with spikes of beard.

In addtion, the Philosopher arrives. As we have a tie in the dwarven ale category he decides to join... *die roll* Bingbing. Congratulations.
He immediately mandates the production of 53 Wagonleather speedos. (Pantshelm legacy rules still in effect, I'm afraid. Page 462, Section 3a "All nobles generate ludicus  mandates and demands upon arrival") Also he'd like a big keg of dwarven ale, and not that horrible bubbly elf-brewed stuff, thank you very much.

Furthermore all that summoning has worn reality rather thin ("...causes a loss of 0.12 realities per summoned creature, double the amount for outlanders, elder gods and dragons..."), so random chunks of brimstone now spontaneously materialize on various z-levels, dropping down and forming boulders.

Finally, the Weather: It is still raining. Blood. Burning Blood. (According to my chart the weather has now reached almost 0.74 Londons)

[ November 14, 2007: Message edited by: CharonX ]

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2007, 12:28:00 am »

quote:
Also, I quickly propose an alliance with Grek and will wait until it is either accepted or declined. You get half o' my kobold army if you do.

Accepted.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »

Argh! Maybe this gold ring would hold off that mandate from the Philospher.

Wait. Why is he demanding 9 silver rings?

Whatever. I tell my dwarves to make the rings via the silver vein near the volcano the philospher oddly named "Mount Doom".

As for the beer, I give him 2 barrels from it.

I think that isn't a Greater Ring of Invisibility. Maybe one of those Master Rings of Invisibility or maybe even a Minor Ring of Power.

Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Wanderer No. 7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2007, 11:41:00 pm »

As a concerned observer, I must point out with much horror that Appendix F5: Temperature and Combustion explicitly states that fire has Legendary +5 ambush, which explains why so many dwarves fail to notice it.  Please consider controlling the number of !!objects!! before the 'Clothing Stockpile Inferno' event horizon is reached.  I do hope that none of your units have the cleaning job active.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »

This cant be dead!   :)
Edit: *BUMP*

[ November 20, 2007: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2007, 01:03:00 am »

Because this game has been abondoned for more than 2 days, I claim the right to activate Emergency Rule 526, Code Alpha Five Sixty-Six. "Should the game be abandoned suddenly, with no obvious cause, The first player to make a turn before the game is officially terminated gains the right claim the title of TactiMaster. This person gains the temporary right to make changes at will, until he/she is removed from his/her position. The TactiMaster can be removed by a vote of six people. One person's vote will be nullified before counting, as determined by a roll of 1d6. Also, until the TactiMaster's reign has been terminated, all of his/her units and other in-game property are considered NPC."

Gulfd'An

« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2007, 02:37:00 pm »

i summon a dwarf peasant and make him pull the adamantine lever (see rule 29437593 sub section 1923 after note on all large named floodgates start with a impossible artifact lever) the flood gate falls and a flood of greater Molochs flood out.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2007, 10:57:00 pm »

My cheese has a fell mood, kills 5 dwarfs and makes a dwarf skin hammock.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21