Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: TACTICUS  (Read 48633 times)

Fenrir

Re: TACTICUS
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2007, 10:17:00 pm »

But you... and he... how? why? WHAT ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT?!!! *Fenrir's head explodes in a cloud of gore.*

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2007, 10:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Dwarven Malcolite:
<STRONG>

Skeeblix, do you accept?

[ November 11, 2007: Message edited by: Dwarven Malcolite ]</STRONG>

I do indeed accept your proposal for an alliance.

I carry over one of my flying zombie carp from the previous round and station it in the trade depot to prevent any outside aid.

Also, citing wall 386 of Pantshelm's Hall of Rules, specifically the engraving titled "Itchnuts the Ancient Pain of Balls" I change the settings on the main food stockpile to accept only bags of sand.

[ November 11, 2007: Message edited by: Skeeblix ]

This is not a signature.

Blargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://No...
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2007, 10:46:00 pm »

Fenrir, chillax, man.

It's like, organic, dude. You just go with the leaves, y'know? Follow the grain, like.

Also, if you'd made a play, and then exploded your head, you probably could have gone for the Disability bonus, and I quote subsection B-1, 3rd edition: "Players who are deemed "kinda slow" by a collective panel of Batmen, get an extra turn at the start of the game, as long as not more than 3 rounds have already been played. This rule is only valid as long as said player does NOT start with the Adamantine Scepter of Unruliness, in which case he is DEDUCTED one turn due to the general rule of "unfair play"."

Of course, "unfair play" is only applicable as long as you're on the Fairway, but I don't need to tell you that, now do I, hehehe... Oh, the laughs. Good times.

Good luck getting past that panel, though, those Batmen have been real ornery after the 2nd edition ruleset came out, revoking their flying permits. Plus, you know... They ARE kinda batty... I'm just sayin'

Edit: Remind me again, we ARE playing by the 3rd edition Pantshelm rules still, right? In that case, do alliances reset when the board does? I can't be arsed to look it up. Referee?

[ November 11, 2007: Message edited by: Blargh ]

quot;Wise men often quote other wise men. The wisest quote themselves."

- Blargh (2007)

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2007, 11:28:00 pm »

Well, at least I get to keep my schisty artifact point. that will come in useful later.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2007, 11:33:00 pm »

I keep my legendary metalsmith with his sword. I then use my points to bring in some miners who immediately dig down in search of stuffs. Not much else to do. Who's up next?
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Dwarven Malcolite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kingomofloathing.com/login
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2007, 11:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Skeeblix:
<STRONG>

I do indeed accept your proposal for an alliance.

[ November 11, 2007: Message edited by: Skeeblix ]</STRONG>

Thank you Skeeblix. I am sure this will be a truly game-dominating alliance. Also, is my memory mistaken, or is that a modified version of the moves used in the 972 Tricavern Goblet? Good move. It should stymie all but the most unorthodox of responses.

I believe that I will have to import my ranger from the previous game, who, as a result of the class inventory tables for retaining followers, found in appendix 15d spleen 33E-m,  comes with a complete set of *<<Fox>>*, all of which menace with spikes of Obsidian, a -Lead Flask- with 3 water, a (Steel Crossbow) and 42 Steel Bolts.

I then move him to the Ballista, with orders to apply his status as a grand high master marksman to hit the next creature to come withing 35 spaces of the ballista who is not allied with me with the loaded iron ballista bolt. This is, of course, following the precedent of the 842 Oncol Gengar games, which allowed that Ballista were giant crossbows and as such, the marksdwarf skill applies to them as well.

Ranger: What happen? Did somebody set up us the booze? Hey, Look, a giant crossbow! And it happens to have an iron bolt! How lucky. Now all that needs to happen is something to come into range that is not that flying carp over there...

Also, wasn't the ninja actually an independent unit who switched sides to that of the ring's creators? That's only a 49% deduction, though it also means the ninja could have chosen to retain himself over to this board, though we'd only find out about it is the ninja decided to remove the ring or do something to affect us.

[ November 12, 2007: Message edited by: Dwarven Malcolite ]

he Jade Blizzard of Fury, an Enormous Cave Bone Corkscrew. Beware the Fury.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2007, 12:23:00 am »

"Arr!" said the siege troll. "Why me, Trogdar, still on board?"

A giant voice boomed out from above: "Because I decided to keep you. You're big and angry. Now go tear a lot of trees out of the ground."

"But me no want to."

"DO IT! Or you'll be smited."

"No master! Me no want you to smited me! Me will get trees! ... What smited mean?"

"It doesn't matter. Get the trees. Here, these four dwarves are your pets. They will -- No, hey stop -- PUT HIM DO--" The voice stopped for a moment as the troll wiped dwarf blood off of his mouth, then sighed. "Trogdar, the dwarves are NOT snacks."

"But me hungry!"

"So eat a rock or something. As I was saying, these fo... er, three dwarves are your pets now. They are going to dig you a home, OK?"

The troll grinned, and pointed downwards towards the ground, telling the dwarves to get to work. With a chorus of "Yeth mathtah"s the remaining pets began to dig. The troll lumbered off and began tearing nearby trees from the ground -- when abruptly the terrain changed from a normal, forested area to a cold, barren tundra. It can only be assumed that the world wasn't finished being created, or something, and that whoever was in control flipped a coin a few times. As a result of there being no trees, the troll decided to go yell at his new pets in the quickly-widening cave instead.

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2007, 12:32:00 am »

I will keep my points from my last turn and use them to get 1 purring maggot.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2007, 12:36:00 am »

Fenrir: Tacticus can be a challenging game. Just pretend you know the rules and in accordance with Appendix E of the Emergency Rulebook of Anti-Confusion, if you pretend that you understand the rules and that you know what's going on, it is assumed that your moves are legal by default. You have a handy advantage there; use it wisely. Also, in accordance with the Special-Case Rule of Secret Information Exchange, you can send me a PM and I will be allowed to explain more.

In response to Blargh: Based on the dictates of Default Core Rule X-22/5 (remember to slide the decimal to the right), I invoke the Assumed Rule of Assumption (this particular instance is covered on the third page of the aforementioned rule section), by which any Crystal Spines rules currently in effect cannot be carried between board states. Allow me to mention however that by the Unexplained Severing of Ties rule, all players would have been assumed to have broken all alliances anyway, due to exploding tempers over nonexistent squabbles. (Dwarven Malcolite's alliance with Skeeblix is immune, I believe, because it was not finalized until after the state-change).

I gain the advantage of the Broken Billy Goat Effect because I never read the last page of the version three rulebook. This combined with my compensation for entering the game late allows me to enter play with 3 bronze billy goat colossi at a point of my choosing. I place them in the caverns, sneaking in ambush inside the treasury. Due to to "Assumption of Secretive Possession By Animated Statues" Statute, I am considered the owner of the contents of the treasury (amounting to 5 units of cave spider silk and 1 Artifact Adamantine Spoon), making me the welthiest player in this game, and granting me the ability to bring an Extreme Banker noble into play within 5 turns unless my current state is drastically altered. How drastic an alteration is will be determined by the council of batmen from before. If they do not survive until then, they are assumed to have ruled in my favor.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2007, 12:43:00 am »

The treasury no longer exists. Seeing as your colossi currently exist in an inexistant location, we can assume they too no longer exist. The banker is rather mad about all the treasure vanishing. Roll a dice to decide if he stays (if the dice lands heads up he stays).

Dwarven Malcolite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kingomofloathing.com/login
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2007, 12:49:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sylverone:
<STRONG>Fenrir: Due to to "Assumption of Secretive Possession By Animated Statues" Statute, I am considered the owner of the contents of the treasury (amounting to 5 units of cave spider silk and 1 Artifact Adamantine Spoon), making me the welthiest player in this game, and granting me the ability to bring an Extreme Banker noble into play within 5 turns unless my current state is drastically altered. How drastic an alteration is will be determined by the council of batmen from before. If they do not survive until then, they are assumed to have ruled in my favor.</STRONG>

Aren't you forgetting about Skeeblix's control of the Trade Depot and the finished goods bins within? Based on my knowledge of the Guidelines for Wealth-Based Advantages, I'd have to say that you don't qualify for the Extreme Banker. You do, however, qualify for the UltraBanker, which has the exact same effects as the Extreme Banker but requires one less coffer.
This is based upon the Illusory Area Rules, which state that any location that existed previously but does not at the current state exists until a unit is moved to that area or the area is interacted with, at which point the dissapear.  The rules do say that one keeps any bonuses they get due to controlling the area, even if the area then dissapears, until the board state is reevaluated.
Of course, this does not apply for new areas or areas that still exist.

he Jade Blizzard of Fury, an Enormous Cave Bone Corkscrew. Beware the Fury.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2007, 01:25:00 am »

Using the Critical Locations Control table I have also discovered that my current conquest over the trade depot earns me an extra 1000 points. I spend these on two axedwarves clad in bronze plate, armed with steel axes.

Referring to the 3rd Edition Pantshelm rules, 4th revision, the Earned Unit Placement rules on page 635 of the corebook state that I may site my two acquisitions within ten tiles of any controlled territory. I place one axedwarf buffer on both the east and west sides of the trade depot at the ten tile max, and based on the Enemy Engagement Proclamation, order them to attack any opposition in an 8 tile radius of them.

My flying zombie carp then one moves z-level above the depot to scout potential threats.

This is not a signature.

Blargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://No...
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2007, 01:29:00 am »

I agree with the abovementioned technicalities.

quote:
Also, wasn't the ninja actually an independent unit who switched sides to that of the ring's creators? That's only a 49% deduction, though it also means the ninja could have chosen to retain himself over to this board, though we'd only find out about it is the ninja decided to remove the ring or do something to affect us.

This is a very good point, and it really is a matter of wether or not I "lost" my ninja unit when I lost control over it. I haven't found anything in 3rd edition about this, but if I can draw a paralell to 5th edition, chapter 3, section 4-B, subsection alfalfa, it clearly states that unit control loss is less or not equal to/than losing a unit by Death and/or extreme loss of bowel function. I subsequently retain the right to reclaim my 1 lost percentage of points in the event the ninja should show up once more. Glad we've settled that.

However, things have taken a pretty weird turn with my miner. My playbook doesn't really know what to do with this, but my miner has stumbled upon a vault on his way to the Demon pits, that seems to lead to something called "The Incredibly deep Chasm with A Really Really Deep Lake at the Bottom", and it has a really weird inscription in front, anyone have the "Peculiar Language Translation" booklet that came with the 3rd edition expansion pack, "Weird goats and other rules"?

It says "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn". And there seems to be a really deep rumbling coming from OH gosh darnit, my miner has just gone insane. Drat and bebother it! He's starting some kind of ritual.

I order Stan down the mineshaft to investigate.

Stan? STAN?

quot;Wise men often quote other wise men. The wisest quote themselves."

- Blargh (2007)

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2007, 01:45:00 am »

After being inactive for some rounds my King has decided to ban all kitten related combat and the Hammerer will punish all kitten related combat.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2007, 02:07:00 am »

Was noone else in posession of a Toy Axe? Quite bothersome.

Without using another turn, however, I need to point something out. Blargh, you have referenced subsection alfalfa accurately, however you neglected to mention subsection asparagus, which covers the event of undeath. This may not SEEM important; however, if you look in appendix C (Magical Items) of the first edition of the Pantshelm rulebook, under the heading Greater Rings of Power, you will realize that many of the Greater Rings bestowed invisibility on the bearer, thus raising the distinct possibility that the ring owned by the ninja is, indeed, such a ring. If you then reference the SECOND edition rulebook in the same section, you will see that prolonged exposure to and/or use of such items will transform any non-celestial living being into an incorporeal undead bound to the ring.

You, sir, may have some explaining to do.

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21