Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next Question: Lord Spikyhelm Tarquin Tyrinar?

Lawful Good
Lawful Neutral
Lawful Evil
Is a pretty cool guy. Eh trips Haley and doesn't afraid of anything.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: The Awesome of the Stick [Spoilers, of course]  (Read 13833 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: The Awesome of the Stick [Spoilers, of course]
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2010, 12:35:05 am »

Vester, why are you starting OotS threads behind my back? It's no wonder your thread died.

I have the creeping suspicion that our bounty-hunting friends will become recurring characters. Perhaps they will be recruited by the Linear Guild.

Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2010, 12:39:00 am »

Man, updates are slow in coming, are they not?

Still worth the wait.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2010, 04:54:08 pm »

I pass the time with near-daily archive spelunking, and by reading up on crank conspiracy theories about V's gender on the TV Tropes page.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2010, 05:01:17 pm »

Actually, hasn't Rich Burlew specifically said that he'll ensure that the comic never matches up to fan predictions? This means that we could actually (theoretically) force his hand by predicting every possible outcome except the one we want on his forums.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2010, 12:46:22 am »

Actually, hasn't Rich Burlew specifically said that he'll ensure that the comic never matches up to fan predictions? This means that we could actually (theoretically) force his hand by predicting every possible outcome except the one we want on his forums.

I don't know how to say this, but... are you from planet Vulcan, perchance?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2010, 01:57:50 am »

The problem being he only does that when he's foolish enough to read fan predictions, something he never does anymore for precisely that reason.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2010, 05:48:22 am »

Weeeeee have update!

I'm guessing the bounty hunters are going to become semi-recurring villains like Dakoth said. Belkar hasn't his daggers, and Roy is just straight-out brawling. Even Gannji is using the non-deadly end of his fork-thing.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2010, 06:24:37 am »

Wow, an OoTS thread here, on my favorite forum. I've been following this webcomic for many years. Never registered on their forum though.
My two cents on V's gender debate:
I understand Rich's intent to make V ambiguously gendered and accept that, but why give the character an obviously male name?
While faux Latin names ending with -us sound very "wizardy" and it does suit V's personality, they just sound very male and not female at all. Could someone point where I'm mistaken?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2010, 06:52:26 am »

That's true, and I did once put a poll up asking about V's possible sexuality. Both V and Inkyrius have male-ending names, and their kids are known to be adopted.

Although they do have feminine nicknames for each other (Suvie and Kyrie).

From what I remember about Latin naming, -us is a masculine, while -a is feminine.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2010, 10:57:23 am »

Weeeeee have update!

I'm guessing the bounty hunters are going to become semi-recurring villains like Dakoth said. Belkar hasn't his daggers, and Roy is just straight-out brawling. Even Gannji is using the non-deadly end of his fork-thing.

All we're missing is a dwarf or two to round the whole thing out. :)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2010, 11:29:07 am »

From what I remember about Latin naming, -us is a masculine, while -a is feminine.
-a can also be neuter plural, but let's not go there.

-us is wizarldy and masculine.

And awesome bar fight. I'd like to see a mashup of OOTS, Gunnerkrigg Court, and Gurren Lagann overseen by the guy with the black hat from xkcd.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2010, 07:45:48 am »

It got updated again.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2010, 07:52:27 am »

Although one questions the need for the plot to have them leave the castle only to go back in it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]