Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: was the ability to knock people away with a hammer and have them explode removed  (Read 705 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have never seen somone blow apart yet and im a pretty strong hammerman.

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I certainly hope not. (It does involve them smacking into a wall at a high enough speed if I recall correctly...though I assume you already knew that)

But I can't say for certain.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile

I've done it by throwing someone against the wall as a Bronze Colossus. Haven't tried hammering yet.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To my knowledge, it's not that it was removed so much as the combat overhaul meant achieving those high impact velocities just got impossibly hard for mortals. There is a cap to how strong you can be, blunt weapons are underpowered in general, weights got re-defined - it all adds up to change the hammerfling mechanics.

You could try modding an adventurer to have ultimate stats and wield a slade hammer or something. Then see whether you can play golf again.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

In Arena mode, I tried fighting as a Human with maxed skills and wielding a slade maul against a fire imp. I was only able to knock it back about 5 tiles per hit. I also managed to "shatter" all of a bronze colossus's limbs about 50 times each with no sign of it dying (just every body part having red injuries) - it appears that [SEVERONBREAKS] no longer exists, and whatever behavior was supposed to replace it isn't quite working properly.

Granted, if I could get a masterwork slade maul, then I might enjoy better luck, but you can't specify quality levels in Arena mode (and the only way to get gear like that in Adventurer mode would be with some ITEMCORPSE hacking).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.