Fault
Piecewise
Footkerchief
WorkerDrone
Deon
Armok
Vector

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Bay 12: WHO IS THE MANLIEST?  (Read 27553 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12: WHO IS THE MANLIEST?
« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2010, 10:33:58 am »

Wow, noone's called me dear before. I feel like a little kid again. >_>

Also, yes, I got it wrong. DON'T HIT MEH VECTOR I LIKE MY FACE THE WAY IT IS

:U
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 12, 2010, 10:42:05 am »

Just get a photo of yourself in Kendo. That should work wonderfully.

There are no photos of myself in kendo.  I am too busy beating things with sticks and screaming.  It cannot be captured on film.

D: Vector has long hair.

She can't possibly be mistaken for a teenaged boy, which is MY problem. DAMN YOU!

... Does it help that people tend to use male pronouns for me by accident?  Dunno how, but I've also been mistaken for a dude by behind.  Or a grad student from the front.

Okay there are also the idiots who think I'm a professor, but they're just dumb.

I have pics of me in Arnis, but the padding is too big. Hang on, I'll look for them.

Nope, just one, as it turns out.

This was a couple of years ago, though, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the right, getting my butt handed to me.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2010, 10:44:42 am »

RED IS A MANLY COLOR
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2010, 10:46:17 am »

Duuude :D

Yeah, in truth all of my kendo photos are from middle school, and most of them are just me standing around in my armor looking tiny and depressed (dojo took 'em).  I should get my parents to take pictures sometime, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2010, 10:47:09 am »

:-/
We need vote changes!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2010, 10:47:55 am »

I wish we had sports like that when I was in school. :P

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2010, 10:49:05 am »

It would be manlier if those were real weapons! WITH SHARP EDGES AND STUFFS.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2010, 10:52:09 am »

We were warned against thrusting at the faceguard, because if we did that, the core of the yantok might slide out and impale us in the face. :-X
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2010, 10:53:32 am »

PAAAIN IS MANLY MACHOSLY AND SHIT
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2010, 11:14:14 am »

We were warned against thrusting at the faceguard, because if we did that, the core of the yantok might slide out and impale us in the face. :-X

Yeah, we aren't allowed to stab people in the neck until we're one rank below black belt due to similar reasons (i.e. MASSIVE DAMAGE).

Note that we're just using a glorified bamboo stick against men dressed like the Flying Nun, but with more steel reinforcement.  Most of the armor is just thick cloth, actually... maybe 1/16 in. thick?  Dudes in tournaments have to keep fighting after getting stabbed in the groin by a pointy stick, even if their opponent gets under the armor >_>  I remember watching one of the sensei instructing a classmate in how to deal with people fighting dirty.  "Fighting dirty" includes "using kung fu or karate," as well as "stabbing the opponent repeatedly in the nads" and "knocking your opponent down (typically by punching him in the face with the guard on your sword, which is legal and expected) and proceeding to beat the shit out of him."

... Yeah, we're a little bit weird.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:17:19 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2010, 11:15:25 am »

Vector wins for comparing that guy to the Flying Nun.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2010, 11:16:03 am »

image fail...

IS...

NOT...

[size=100pt]MANLEH[/size]
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2010, 11:18:06 am »

image fail...

IS...

NOT...

[size=100pt]MANLEH[/size]

... Same for your fontfail, doodabuddeh.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2010, 11:19:19 am »

*sobs*

I WAS BEAT BY VECTORS MANLINESS

Man, this is so funny.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2010, 11:22:10 am »

Yeah, we aren't allowed to stab people in the neck until we're one rank below black belt due to similar reasons (i.e. MASSIVE DAMAGE).

Note that we're just using a glorified bamboo stick against men dressed like the Flying Nun, but with more steel reinforcement.  Most of the armor is just thick cloth, actually... maybe 1/16 in. thick?  Dudes in tournaments have to keep fighting after getting stabbed in the groin by a pointy stick, even if their opponent gets under the armor >_>  I remember watching one of the sensei instructing a classmate in how to deal with people fighting dirty.  "Fighting dirty" includes "using kung fu or karate," as well as "stabbing the opponent repeatedly in the nads" and "knocking your opponent down (typically by punching him in the face with the guard on your sword, which is legal and expected) and proceeding to beat the shit out of him."

... Yeah, we're a little bit weird.

We were only allowed Solo Baston style for tourneys, because the Doble Baston style tends to make lower ranks fight like bad anime stereotypes, and gets them beaten.

Our coach was pretty crazy awesome, though. At one point he basically drew a line in the ground Zim style and said, "Okay, whoever thinks they can take me, step up."

One of the big guys did (he was obviously half-something, because he was 6'5" and had this awesome aquiline nose) and went crazy. Coach parried his first strike, sidestepped the second, whacked his yantok out of his hands, and smacked him in the head. This took all of three seconds.

Then he gave us a Doble Baston style demonstration with actual weapons, proving exactly why dual wielding machetes is actually feasible in real life.

EDIT: Also, since it looks like Fault might have an actual shot at beating WD here, I'll leave the poll up for another day and go to sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33