Fault
Piecewise
Footkerchief
WorkerDrone
Deon
Armok
Vector

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Bay 12: WHO IS THE MANLIEST?  (Read 27645 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12: WHO IS THE MANLIEST?
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2010, 10:48:40 pm »

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm just 15th man by the number of posts so you're forgiven for not knowing me ;).

They're upper forumites.
This is the most correct and short description of my place on these forums. Bravo :).

And WorkerDrone's epic speech of manliness gets him a boost in the polls!

Will any of the other candidates attempt the same?

what have you done to promote MANLINESS on bay12games? Before you answer that, think... what have I done?

More than most, by my reckoning! On the fan art forum I was the greatest progenitor of things manly and awesome!

I made the art that inspired Josh to finish his DWARVEN LAGANN fanfic. I sparked the waves of Goblin Townsend fan fan art. T'was my offhanded quote that spawned the Epic of Deonideas, and my initiative that created the thread to chronicle his manliness!

and though I am not the only voice of manliness on the fanart forum, I am surely the loudest! By all that is masculine, I deserve more than two votes!
Calm down, Fault. This poll is where most of the people which adore your art never come, so you cannot blame them for giving you just two votes. WorkerDrone is hero here, you're hero there. Also I gave you a vote, and it looks like someone else has voted for you so you have 4 now. Congratulations!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:55:44 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2010, 11:06:34 pm »

How come Duke isn't up there?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2010, 11:08:11 pm »

Easily. This thread doesn't tell anything real, so it's just a small entertainment.

To make it fair all masculine members should be included, and that's the biggest part of the members' database.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2010, 11:08:58 pm »

Easily. This thread doesn't tell anything real, so it's just a small entertainment.

You're just mad because you only have 3 votes.

At least you're beating Armok now!

*voted for Armok*
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2010, 11:11:52 pm »

Calm down, Fault. This poll is where most of the people which adore your art never come, so you cannot blame them for giving you just two votes. WorkerDrone is hero here, you're hero there. Also I gave you a vote, and it looks like someone else has voted for you so you have 4 now. Congratulations!

jeez, you're right, there is quite a divide between upper and lower forums

what has workerdrone done here? I'm curious to know how he became so well respected in the lower levels.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2010, 11:12:50 pm »

Cthulhu, for his brilliant plan of using penguins to clean up the BP oil spill.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2010, 11:13:25 pm »

I am not the guy who goes out, hot-blooded, to define himself. I am not the dude who shows others just what it means to be a Man. I sit in the corner, observing, watching, waiting. I make sure the hot blood does not boil over and the foolish ruin themselves. I calm things down when seriousness is needed. A small nugget of wisdom, a caring hand when things are down, a listening ear to dump your troubles on, a brotherly deck when you need to grit your teeth, these are the things I do.

I am not the manly man you are looking for. I am the guardian of the peace. I am the Brother, soul brothers and sisters.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2010, 11:17:16 pm »

Daaaaaaamn, son.

Chillest Forumite goes to Duke. He be Icy Cool, homeslice.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2010, 11:21:18 pm »

Oh. Well...

Two Million votes to Mayday, then?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2010, 11:22:06 pm »

To be honest, most people voting for the 'Drone know him off the forums more than they do on, or at least know more about him than he's revealed on the forums.

So I'm voting for him because I know him better than those who just know him from the forums and I know for a fact he's awesome.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2010, 11:22:14 pm »

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2010, 11:27:24 pm »

Yeah, this be me.

He sounds so... calm*YAAAAWWN*ing.................

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2010, 11:29:25 pm »

Mostly, I want to know why the hell I made it onto the manly list for mathematics.

I mean, it's not like I sit there in my armor doing topology proofs, and occasionally going "RAWWWWWR I KILLED YOU KOLMOGOROV SPACE!!"  Though I'll admit that there is a near-constant stream of profanity, and my teacher keeps telling us to go about our daily lives armored up...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2010, 11:31:17 pm »

What in the name of my enormous rippling phallus muscles is going on in here? I've been nominated for manliest man in the forums? I'd smile but that would cause a deluge frightened urine from the bladders of my enemies.

If I don't win I won't be surprised, in fact I'd be surprised to get any votes at all. My brand of mainly transcends the norm and harkens back to a greater, simpler day. I could destroy a man by forcing my chest hair to form into a facsimile of his deepest fears but I choose to fight him fair and square and break his jaw the honorable way. I could row a boat made only of my mustache across the Atlantic but I choose instead to forge a ship from the flesh of the earth and subjugate nature to my will. I could walk across this great land in shoes made of broken glass but I choose instead to pilot a clockwork beast which runs on the essence of extinct monstrous lizards. I could woo every man woman and child in a 40 mile radius and inspire to servitude/impregnate/educate and make find upstanding citizens of the lot and yet I choose to continue a life of normalcy simply to allow others not to feel inadequate. I have the capacity to rule the world with an iron fist and yet I choose to guide it with a fatherly air. I wear a monocle of diamond polished 'tween the breasts of Helen of Troy, a top hat of pure crystallized testosterone, and a cod piece of lightning crafted of Hephaestus himself. 

I am not a man

I AM A GENTLEMAN!

Good day.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:33:03 pm by piecewise »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2010, 11:33:21 pm »

I am not the guy who goes out, hot-blooded, to define himself. I am not the dude who shows others just what it means to be a Man. I sit in the corner, observing, watching, waiting. I make sure the hot blood does not boil over and the foolish ruin themselves. I calm things down when seriousness is needed. A small nugget of wisdom, a caring hand when things are down, a listening ear to dump your troubles on, a brotherly deck when you need to grit your teeth, these are the things I do.

I am not the manly man you are looking for. I am the guardian of the peace. I am the Brother, soul brothers and sisters.
That's me in a nutshell provided you cross out absolutely everything and replace it was "makes jokes a lot".

Mostly, I want to know why the hell I made it onto the manly list for mathematics.

I mean, it's not like I sit there in my armor doing topology proofs, and occasionally going "RAWWWWWR I KILLED YOU KOLMOGOROV SPACE!!"  Though I'll admit that there is a near-constant stream of profanity, and my teacher keeps telling us to go about our daily lives armored up...

That's awesome right there.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33