Fault
Piecewise
Footkerchief
WorkerDrone
Deon
Armok
Vector

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Bay 12: WHO IS THE MANLIEST?  (Read 27493 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12: WHO IS THE MANLIEST?
« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2010, 11:23:48 am »

The badass in the air, it is almost liquid.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2010, 11:31:43 am »

Heh, we have something like three or four sensei.  We have to fight with them if we can't help run tournaments/do volunteer work for the dojo when required (and also just for the hell of it, because the way to get better is to be beaten repeatedly).  One of them has a nasty habit of whacking people in unprotected areas with his sword if they have bad form, though... so pretty much universally, if your footwork is flatfooted or too slow, you can expect some hearty smacks on your calves and a long lecture.

We also had to sign a release form when we started, which asserted that we wouldn't form an army and attempt to take down the US government.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2010, 12:18:18 pm »

This kendo thing, do you need to be a tiny young girl like Vester or Vector to practice?
Or do you just need to be MANLY enough?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2010, 12:32:50 pm »

This kendo thing, do you need to be a tiny young girl like Vester or Vector to practice?

Just MANLY :D  Most of my dojo is grown men, but there's also a cluster of elementary schoolers and three or four women.  Short people and tall people are taught to fight differently, so really anyone can get involved and do well.  The main thing that matters, to be honest, is fighting spirit.  If you can keep going without giving up, screaming at the top of your lungs for two or three hours and continuing to go at it when your arms feel like noodles and you're soaked in sweat from head to toe... then yeah, you'll be more than fine.  It's really an exercise in persistence.

I checked, by the way, and Poland has a kendo federation.  You should be able to find a dojo pretty easily through their website.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2010, 01:05:55 pm »

Oh well, thanks for checking. I'm actually aware of at least two dojos in the close vicinity of where I live now.
The whole "screaming at the top of your lungs" makes me somewhat uneasy, though. I don't remember when was the last time I raised my voice.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2010, 01:29:31 pm »

The whole "screaming at the top of your lungs" makes me somewhat uneasy, though. I don't remember when was the last time I raised my voice.

Hmm.  Well, it does leave you hoarse for a few days, but it's not so bad.  Helps build self-confidence, too.  Believe me, I was a mousy little creature when I started.  Of course, I do seem to have more of an inherent tendency towards violence and aggression than most people, but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get used to it with relative ease.  It's kind of... first you learn "it's okay to make a huge amount of noise," and then you learn "I can get yelled at and charged by someone twice my size, and I'll be okay," and then eventually you get around to "I don't really care when people try to bash me with sticks" and "getting into fights with stabby things isn't that frightening, after all."  "People can try to stab me in the throat and I don't mind" is a hard one, though >_>

Of course, if it doesn't appeal to you, then there's always other stuff to try :D  Whatever you find, I hope you enjoy it.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2010, 01:40:16 pm »

...The main thing that matters, to be honest, is fighting spirit....
Gurren Lagann FTW.

Also, my dad does some Korean sword stuff, and the yelling is weird.
But he can throw an apple in the air and cut it in half, so win.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2010, 01:48:08 pm »

Fisrt I saw I were nominated and had a bunch of votes, and I were like; :D

Then I saw the reason s spesified and I were like; D:

I think most voted for me ironically...

Seriusly, I'm probably the least manly person to ever exist. I have a large amount of great qualities, but manliness is not one of them.

I actualy have a spellcheck, but my keyboard AND my right mouse button are worn down from overuse, so using the spellcheck is a pain and I usualy dont bother.

Also, I'm NOT homescooled. I have plenty of good education, and decent grades.
Also, I'm not crazy or stupid, I bet you'd seem that way to if you always said exactly what you were thinking even when your neurochemistry was messed up from lack of sleep or questionable substances or strong emotions or phsycolocical SCIENCE labrating.

But I guess you do have a point; I HAVE trained my curage to be a contrarian, and saying things that might be wrong or get me shuned, so that they will be there for others to evaluate, in the name of SCIENCE. I'm also, forlowing the example of Tesla, celibate in the name of SCIENCE.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2010, 01:49:58 pm »

My vote is vindicated.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2010, 02:05:28 pm »

*looks at votes*

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2010, 03:54:42 pm »

Maybe you scared all your voters away except me? :-\
Please don't kill me.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2010, 03:57:16 pm »

... Pictures?  Okay....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I AM SO MANLY, right?  >___>  ......Rawr.
Nah you're really nice.

*Facepalms himself for thinking of Vector as of a dude*
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2010, 04:01:31 pm »

... Pictures?  Okay....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I AM SO MANLY, right?  >___>  ......Rawr.
Nah you're really nice.

...it's been mentioned multiple times in this thread already, even if you didn't know before.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2010, 04:05:34 pm »

Nah you're really nice.

Haha, thank you =)  It's okay, I actually pretended I was a guy for the first 6 months I was here.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2010, 04:14:13 pm »

My vote is vindicated.
I did it for the avatar, Foot.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33