Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 79

Author Topic: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea - One Year Later  (Read 110597 times)

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
« Reply #1005 on: August 11, 2010, 06:24:11 pm »

What oil spill?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 13, 2010, 02:19:59 pm »

Um, yea...

ANYWAYS

In other news, Alabama sued BP and Transocean for damages and they are suppoused to make a decision on the bottom kill today or something.

The drilling did get put on hold briefly when a tropical storm moved through the area.

Speaking of hurricanes, we have been seeing alot of tropical depressions and a couple storms (which in itself is expected), but only one hurricane so far. Still, the big hurricanes such as Katrina didn't appear until September, so theres a ways to go.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 16, 2010, 02:19:20 am »

Anyone seen those paid ads?

Look how nice BP is!!!

They're sooo wonderful!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 16, 2010, 02:21:32 pm »

This is awesome:

http://www.gormogons.com/2010/08/maybe-we-need-some-more-ass-kicking.html

in the way that flesh eating bactieria is awesome.............
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 16, 2010, 02:24:34 pm »

The president screwed everything up, you say?! I am shocked! Absloutely shocked, at the way this isn't shocking at all!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 16, 2010, 02:49:42 pm »

BP puts a bunch of money in escrow while withholding its dividend payments.  This creates a drop in the business taxes it pays to the government that year.  It's the mathematical equivalent of complaining that the room is dark because you unscrewed the lightbulb.

Besides, aren't you part of that crowd saying business taxes are too high and the government should never demand anything out of ordinary law?  Maybe I'm wrong on both of those, but even so, what exactly would have preferred to see happen?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 16, 2010, 04:00:41 pm »

This is awesome:

So US* loses 2 times over?  ... Well ain't that nice.

*By US I mean the US tax-payers.   Cause someones gotta pay for that deficit...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 16, 2010, 09:56:59 pm »

BP puts a bunch of money in escrow while withholding its dividend payments.  This creates a drop in the business taxes it pays to the government that year.  It's the mathematical equivalent of complaining that the room is dark because you unscrewed the lightbulb.

Besides, aren't you part of that crowd saying business taxes are too high and the government should never demand anything out of ordinary law?  Maybe I'm wrong on both of those, but even so, what exactly would have preferred to see happen?

I would have liked to see BP given the opportunity to fix the gulf and help people, not for a political grandstanding event.  Read my earlier post.  BP needs the resources to counter the problem, not buy voters for the current talking head (i dont give a crap who the head is).
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 16, 2010, 10:13:36 pm »

I would have liked to see BP given the opportunity to fix the gulf and help people, not for a political grandstanding event.  Read my earlier post.

I can read whichever post you're referring to as many times as you want, and it's still not going to contain any rational explanation for why BP would do a damn thing to take care of anything besides the leak without the government forcing them to.  Or for that matter, any acknowledgment of government action ever actually doing good things.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1014 on: August 17, 2010, 12:19:57 am »

Or for that matter, any acknowledgment of government action ever actually doing good things.

Vietnam?

Haha, just kidding. But seriously, maybe Operation Paperclip?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 17, 2010, 09:54:15 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:05:50 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1016 on: August 17, 2010, 10:29:19 am »

Or for that matter, any acknowledgment of government action ever actually doing good things.

Vietnam?

Haha, just kidding. But seriously, maybe Operation Paperclip?

I'd probably suggest the interstate highway system.

So the interstate highway system we got from Germany... and Operation Paperclip was getting all of Germany's scientists... then...
The oil spill was orchestrated by neo-nazis as revenge for the fall of the Third Reich!
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 17, 2010, 10:30:37 pm »

I would have liked to see BP given the opportunity to fix the gulf and help people, not for a political grandstanding event.  Read my earlier post.

I can read whichever post you're referring to as many times as you want, and it's still not going to contain any rational explanation for why BP would do a damn thing to take care of anything besides the leak without the government forcing them to.  Or for that matter, any acknowledgment of government action ever actually doing good things.
To be honest Aqizzar, your so far off the reservation concerning what I have been writing about, that I really dont even know what the hell your talking about, but it has nothing to do with my comments, other than some attempt to pick a fight.  But thats fine, its your thread.  Have fun shadow boxing.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 18, 2010, 10:04:19 am »

I'm sending a personal attack and insult on you without explaining the miscommunication because it makes me feel better about myself while continuing the argument.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 18, 2010, 11:37:11 am »

We should remove the whole gulf and leave a sea of lava.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 79