Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 79

Author Topic: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea - One Year Later  (Read 110583 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
« Reply #975 on: August 06, 2010, 11:10:29 pm »

Quote from: MAD Magazine
5,000 barrels of oil a day might seem like a lot. But complared to all the water in the Gulf, 19,000 barrels a day isn't that much. It's still mostly water there! And while cleaning up 25,000 barrels a day is not a simple task, we're bringing in more equipment to clean up the 45,000 to 60,000 barrels of oil that's leaking out daily. (Accurate estimates may vary)

MAD 1, BP 0.

I don't feel like typing up the rest of the advert.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 06, 2010, 11:59:38 pm »

Msicitpecs touthiw atad sith gnikat tsnaiga noitauc ylpmis I, deripsnart has chus tath evieleb to nosear any evah I tath ton... Erugif tath ecneulfni tghim saib of tnouma naiterc a tath dnim in reab.

I had a similar thought. Although it would take a massive amount of saib to cause the erugif to inflate from 9 or 8 to 067. Even allowing that to be a rotcaf, it'd have to be well revo what appears to be an otherwise llams yrtsudni egareva.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #977 on: August 07, 2010, 02:51:13 am »

Msicitpecs touthiw atad sith gnikat tsnaiga noitauc ylpmis I, deripsnart has chus tath evieleb to nosear any evah I tath ton... Erugif tath ecneulfni tghim saib of tnouma naiterc a tath dnim in reab.

If you're going to the trouble to force us to try and read backwards to make any sense of your post, could you try to make sure you spellcheck it yourself or something?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 07, 2010, 04:01:47 am »

I got bored and put him on the ignore list a while ago.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 07, 2010, 04:58:08 am »

What's with the backward typing?

United Forenia Forever!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 07, 2010, 05:03:02 am »

He's been doing it for a while now.

If you're going to the trouble to force us to try and read backwards to make any sense of your post, could you try to make sure you spellcheck it yourself or something?

It's not purely backwards, actually, there seems to be a weird pattern to his "typos".
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 07, 2010, 06:57:17 am »

How cryptic.

No wait, wrong word....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 07, 2010, 10:54:23 am »

Yeah, he reverses phonemes, not individual letters.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #983 on: August 07, 2010, 07:39:05 pm »

Even if that was the case (which it appears to be), there's no excuse for "any" "has" "to" "of" "in" etc. unless he also intends to just not reverse 3 letter or shorter words.

And seriously, if he's mixing the rules up that much, then he should just type regularly.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 08, 2010, 02:16:19 pm »

OMG, they still didn't fixed the leak problem? Jesus.

Honestly, they're doing nothing I bet.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:04:43 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 08, 2010, 02:50:42 pm »

I come back from vacation and this is what you people are doing to my grand old thread?  All of you knock that shit off right now.  I don't care what you do in other threads, but do not bring it in mine.  I see any more backwards typing, I'm reporting your ass, because that's exactly what it's for after you've been warned, which you now have.

Anyway, I've been out of the loop for a while.  Any news?  Besides the government's new line that "hey most of the oil's been cleaned up" isn't entirely accurate, glosses over the millions of gallons that's still there, and is an assumption of missing oil that rests on the ecosystem soaking it up a lot faster that it should have?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 08, 2010, 04:18:57 pm »

EXACTLY! When i saw that backwards text, i was like "will you fucking stop that?" I didn't post that at the time, but whatever. Seriously, RAM, its extremely annoying and it stopped being funny a long time ago.

@Aqizzar: I haven't been following it much, but i hear they were capping it with cement and some other stuff. The relief drill is still in progress.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 08, 2010, 04:44:23 pm »

The major media outlets have quit devoting time and web space especially for the oil spill.....so everything must now be ok! >.>
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 08, 2010, 06:28:20 pm »

I get all my unbiased reporting from the Colbert Report and the Daily Show, which sadly I've been missing lately. I need to torrent a few more episodes to catch up with all this oil spilling business.

But so far I haven't heard anything except about how much they're photoshopping right now to make it seem they're fixing stuff.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 08, 2010, 09:05:57 pm »

I am very curious to see what kind of future industry emerges out of this catastrophe (the backwards spelling i mean /sarc).  BP, while having completey screwed the pooch (with a lot of help from the good ol US of A regulators - yes even/especially Obama's) have now also been through the fire trying to accompish something no one has ever tried before. Their early failures and then slow and moderate successes have laid down a how to guide for future problems (and there will be future ploblems).  Due to the Exxon Valdez disastor, the knowledge of oil clean up and containment was expanded upon drastically and successfully put to use on the gulf.  It could have been so so so so so much worse, and admitedly maybe a little better even if politics didnt get in the way-on both sides.  I have watched eagerly as the engineers attempted various ways to contain this thing (the wellhead specifically).  I find their ideas and efforts to be amazing - even Costners.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 79