Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 79

Author Topic: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea - One Year Later  (Read 110395 times)

aurixdarastrix

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here, move along
    • View Profile
Re: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
« Reply #630 on: June 20, 2010, 06:54:35 pm »

OIL ARK PROJECT!

Everyone donate 10 Popsicle sticks to me so I can build the ultimate Oil ark! 10000 sticks and $500 if you intend to ride in it...
Should I send the sticks via fax or via PM? 
[INTERMITTENTLY_ACTIVE]

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 20, 2010, 07:26:26 pm »

GOD IS ANGRY WITH US FOR DRILLING!
The solution is to appease god by stopping all drilling everywhere. If we don't do that, the oil will continue to come out until the world is covered in a thin film of dead dinosaur, showing by example what he is capable of!

No, no, no.  The CORRECT answer is to drill more, everywhere.  If we anger god further enough, He'll cover the world in a thick film of LIVING DEAD DINOSAUR.  And that is just too awesome to miss out on.  And hey, there's got to be at least three nutjob survivalists who have oil-arks prepared for this sort of thing.
Sorry, but a popsickle stick structure won't help you in that case. As anyone who reads XKCD knows, raptors know no fear, and will never stop chasing you. Now, turn those into zombie raptors, and you just added to them an unability to feel pain. Yeah, you're pretty much screwed.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 20, 2010, 07:28:29 pm »

But the raptors have waded through the oil. KILL THEM WITH FIRE!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 20, 2010, 11:25:29 pm »

But then we have...

!!zombie raptors!!

Horrors! Doom in the deeps!
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 20, 2010, 11:48:48 pm »

And as anyone who has read The Zombie Survival Guide knows, setting zombies on fire is the last thing you want to do. It turns them into flaming torches which run at you, since it takes so long for it to do enough damage to destroy them permanently. This will go doubly for a giant ark made of wooden popsickle sticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 20, 2010, 11:51:29 pm »

Fool! Ye dare to defy the fire shield!? You just want us to be eaten by oil raptors! You're one of THEM!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 21, 2010, 09:18:51 am »

You forget, constructed wooden walls can contain magma! I'll also paint a picture of Raptor Jesus on the side, and then we'll be safe.

Faxing the Popsicle sticks is fine. You can also contact the Underpants Gnomes, then , then I'll finish it and we'll be saved from the oil! You gotta admit, that's better than BP's plan. Keven Costner isn't even doing what he did last time to win against the oil. He has lost it in his old age I guess.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 21, 2010, 12:11:45 pm »

BP has effectively included in it's disaster response plan provision to hire an army of lobbyists and image advisers.  You'd think one of them would have caught this.  What to do when the world is breathing down your neck and the pressure is too much?  Hop in your yacht and sail a regatta around the Isle of Wight.  Make sure the press knows, they'll want to wish you luck.

Thank you Tony Hayward, for providing such a ready target of plutocrat greed and arrogance.  I wonder if the board of directors is just letting him stay CEO to absorb all the heat.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 21, 2010, 12:19:49 pm »

Not that I'm trying to win a medal in the Outrage Olympics or anything, but I think I mentioned that a couple of pages ago. :p

And yeah...Hayward is becoming cartoonishly bad. It's like if someone elevated Michael from The Office to CEO level.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 21, 2010, 12:22:02 pm »

Not that I'm trying to win a medal in the Outrage Olympics or anything, but I think I mentioned that a couple of pages ago. :p

I'll be honest, I've kinda lost track of my own thread.  As long as no one's fighting, I don't really care.  I should go back and make a new compilation for the OP.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 21, 2010, 12:32:29 pm »

You might as well put it here. People are more likely to just skip to the end of a 42 page thread.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 21, 2010, 12:37:09 pm »

You might as well put it here. People are more likely to just skip to the end of a 42 page thread.
And then it will get lost cause people won't search.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 21, 2010, 09:08:03 pm »

To be fair, it didn't take the Daily Show more than a week to start putting top hats on random things.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 22, 2010, 05:30:52 pm »

US Gulf oil drilling ban overturned by federal judge
The decision to overturn the ban follows heavy lobbying by the oil industry.

Something just seems very wrong in that context...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 79