Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 79

Author Topic: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea - One Year Later  (Read 110373 times)

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
« Reply #615 on: June 19, 2010, 07:30:46 pm »

Nature can deal with oil, just not millions of gallons of oil in one place in one year plus all the other pollution we dump their.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 19, 2010, 07:32:09 pm »

"shades of gray"

I was wrong to do that to him. Period. I'm the ass here. Thanks to Jackrabbit for stopping it before I went even further too far.
Nope, you lose. it was a mirror!

Geeze, you guys really suck at charades!

That was a terrible mirror. I mandate better mirrors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 19, 2010, 07:37:01 pm »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/picture/2010/jun/14/bp-oil-spill-oil-spills#zoomed-picture
Oh dear. I don't think the ocean is supposed to look like a Chihuly glass exibit...
Why are oil spills so... pretty?

Incidentally, this should form an awesome future precedent.  In the past, companies causing massive and catastrophic environmental damage like this have been barely punished at all.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 19, 2010, 07:39:41 pm »

I mandate better mirrors.

You know, it occurs to me that if this really WERE an act of god like some Texas Governors are saying, then the question is, why are they defying the will of god and continuing to drill?

Let's take the fact that it is an act of God at face value, why would any christian decide that it means "God wants you to continue to drill!"
Seriously!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 19, 2010, 07:41:02 pm »

Because using religion as an excuse for problems they've caused themselves or to do atrocious things is an easy out. So people take it and make the rest of us look like assholes. Thanks Texas.

Thanks.

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 19, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

Deepwater Horizon Spill was a forgotten beast. It was one of many. A gigantic oily blob. It has a rigid pipe trunk and external methane. Beware it's poison! Deepwater Horizon Spill was associated with BP, Tansocean, oil rigs, corruption, gouging, fire, Greenpeace, global warming, area 51, coral, Florida, Texas, the Gulf of Mexico, the Soviets, nukes, internet drama, aliens, peace and happiness.

In 2010, Deepwater Horizon Spill began wandering the surface of the ocean.
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 19, 2010, 09:18:38 pm »

BP strikes the forgotten beast in the body! breaking away the rest of the tissue!
BP strikes the forgotten beast in the body! breaking away the rest of the tissue!
The Forgotten Beast strikes BP in the public relations department!
BP's stock price is struck down!
The Forgotten beast spits out the gulf coast's head.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:26:10 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 20, 2010, 07:25:02 am »

The Forgotten Beast strikes BP in the public relations department!
BP's stock price is struck down!
The Forgotten beast spits out the gulf coast's head.

DEAR GOD! All it's body parts are red, but we can't kill it. The cleanup crew and warfish (modded, so they have to eat ofc) are all dying from starvation and thirst!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 20, 2010, 10:21:04 am »

Because using religion as an excuse for problems they've caused themselves or to do atrocious things is an easy out. So people take it and make the rest of us look like assholes. Thanks Texas.

Thanks.

Guess. Guess why I quoted this, of all the quotes in the thread. As I have given you no hints, I will have to supply the solution: http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/20/gulf.oil.spill/index.html?hpt=T2

Apparently, because all efforts so far have failed to achive total victory, state sponsorship of prayer to try and create a miracle is the current solution. According to Senator Robert Adley, at least.

In the immortal words of Jon Stewart: "We are so fucked."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:47:53 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 20, 2010, 11:14:59 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/20/gulf.oil.spill/index.html?hpt=T2

Apparently, because all efforts so far have failed to achive total victory, state sponsorship of prayer to try and create a miracle is the current solution. According to Senator Robert Adley, at least.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:17:33 am by Earthquake Damage »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 20, 2010, 11:15:57 am »

In the immortal words of John Stewart: "We are so fucked."
They don't get it.

GOD IS ANGRY WITH US FOR DRILLING!
The solution is to appease god by stopping all drilling everywhere. If we don't do that, the oil will continue to come out until the world is covered in a thin film of dead dinosaur, showing by example what he is capable of!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

aurixdarastrix

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing to see here, move along
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 20, 2010, 11:39:14 am »

The solution is to appease god by stopping all drilling everywhere. If we don't do that, the oil will continue to come out until the world is covered in a thin film of dead dinosaur, showing by example what he is capable of!

No, no, no.  The CORRECT answer is to drill more, everywhere.  If we anger god further enough, He'll cover the world in a thick film of LIVING DEAD DINOSAUR.  And that is just too awesome to miss out on.  And hey, there's got to be at least three nutjob survivalists who have oil-arks prepared for this sort of thing. 
[INTERMITTENTLY_ACTIVE]

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 20, 2010, 11:40:30 am »

No, no, no.  The CORRECT answer is to drill more, everywhere.  If we anger god further enough, He'll cover the world in a thick film of LIVING DEAD DINOSAUR.  And that is just too awesome to miss out on.  And hey, there's got to be at least three nutjob survivalists who have oil-arks prepared for this sort of thing.
Thirty if you count Americans.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 20, 2010, 11:55:02 am »

Thirty if you count Americans.
Thirty One.
We are doing this man. We are making this happen.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 20, 2010, 12:05:20 pm »

OIL ARK PROJECT!

Everyone donate 10 Popsicle sticks to me so I can build the ultimate Oil ark! 10000 sticks and $500 if you intend to ride in it...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 79