Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 79

Author Topic: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea - One Year Later  (Read 110362 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
« Reply #585 on: June 19, 2010, 12:06:51 am »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/picture/2010/jun/14/bp-oil-spill-oil-spills#zoomed-picture
Oh dear. I don't think the ocean is supposed to look like a Chihuly glass exibit...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:08:35 am by alway »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 19, 2010, 12:29:24 am »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/picture/2010/jun/14/bp-oil-spill-oil-spills#zoomed-picture
Oh dear. I don't think the ocean is supposed to look like a Chihuly glass exibit...

Holy shit, that's awesome. Also oh god no the alien water is going to eat me horrifying, but from far away it's awesome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 19, 2010, 02:38:44 am »

You know, that nuke would vaporize a lot of oil.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 19, 2010, 02:50:37 am »

It would also shift and churn a lot of oil, I am not certain that it would be an improvement, and how much oil would it vaporise? Detonating in highly pressurised water would probably reduce its vaporisation diameter to some extent...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 19, 2010, 03:02:42 am »

It would vaporize all oil inside of about an 800 meter radius, as well as crush the well closed.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 19, 2010, 03:21:14 am »

AAARRRRGGHHH!!

I wasn't even aware it was there yet. That's a very short drive from my home, but I haven't been home in over a month. Now the annoyance and slight anger is more like righteous hatred. Although, I've never bought BP gas because of their charity program. Seriously, their major charity is supposedly subsidizing abortion clinics. I don't want .005 of my dollars going to that.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 19, 2010, 04:23:48 am »

Seriously, their major charity is supposedly subsidizing abortion clinics. I don't want .005 of my dollars going to that.

I don't know which is more ridiculous, that you actually think some oil company is subsidizing abortion clinics, or that you're bent out of shape over an imaginary half-cent.  Got a source on that?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 19, 2010, 06:04:21 am »

I am quite serious when I say I think the outrage against BP by everyone and their politician is just piling onto a scapegoat, smearing blood onto their hands from Caesar's corpse and proclaiming that they are liberators in the forum.

*hands Nikov a +Bronze Badge of Token Dissent+*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 19, 2010, 08:47:18 am »

I am quite serious when I say I think the outrage against BP by everyone and their politician is just piling onto a scapegoat, smearing blood onto their hands from Caesar's corpse and proclaiming that they are liberators in the forum.

There's always one.

LordMelvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 19, 2010, 09:01:13 am »

There's always one.

Really. I mean, come on, Caesar was totally asking for it, turning his back on them like that...
This space unintentionally left blank.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 19, 2010, 09:21:09 am »

I'm guessing that glass exhibit is out of Ohio now? I used to have a kick-ass lightbulb with a bunch of spiky cones on it.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 19, 2010, 11:06:54 am »

Seriously, their major charity is supposedly subsidizing abortion clinics. I don't want .005 of my dollars going to that.

I don't know which is more ridiculous, that you actually think some oil company is subsidizing abortion clinics, or that you're bent out of shape over an imaginary half-cent.  Got a source on that?

But don't you see?? Abortion CAUSED the oil spill! I don't know how, but I'm sure Glenn Beck can draw some f**ked-up chart that explains it all perfectly, as long as you've prepped your mind with a fifth of rubbing alcohol.

EDIT:
Oh, and don't worry. BP's Tony Hayward is hard at work cleaning up this mess. Of course, by "hard at work", I mean "watching his yacht compete in a private race in England"

I think one of the reasons that people are ready to consign BP to the same tier of Hell as Hitler is the arrogance and tone-deafness of Hayward. I mean, this is a level of gall in the face of public outrage not seen since Marie Antoinette said, "Let them eat cake" (and the French responded, "Try eating this big-ass metal blade, bitch!")

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 01:58:43 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 19, 2010, 06:28:46 pm »

Don't be an ass, Aqizzar. Boycotting someone isn't bent out of shape nor ridiculous.
The sigs topic:

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 19, 2010, 06:34:20 pm »

It is ridiculous if you're boycotting over something that you can't begin to prove.  So where's that source on BP funding abortions, huh?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 19, 2010, 06:55:32 pm »

It is ridiculous if you're boycotting over something that you can't begin to prove.  So where's that source on BP funding abortions, huh?

I honestly don't know how to begin hunting for 12-year-old headlines. The point I am making, Aqizzar, is that there are polite ways of saying things and then there's the option for being an ass. You've chosen the latter this time around.
The sigs topic:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 79