Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 79

Author Topic: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea - One Year Later  (Read 110331 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
« Reply #555 on: June 17, 2010, 03:48:59 pm »

And BPs CEO keeps stonewalling, evading answers, and basically repeating the same set of answers for various things.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 17, 2010, 04:04:48 pm »

Man, I should probably start following the development of this story more closely, it's sort of work relevant. Seems like the general public is starting to know more about this stuff than I do.

If what Halliburton says is true, then that is pretty damning for them as well. If they thought BP's well plan was unsafe but went along with it anyway, then they have their share of the responsibility.

EDIT: Glancing at the feed, Hayward has the look of a hunted man knowing he's soon to be an unemployed, hunted man.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:14:03 pm by olemars »

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 17, 2010, 04:17:45 pm »

Man, I should probably start following the development of this story more closely, it's sort of work relevant. Seems like the general public is starting to know more about this stuff than I do.

If what Halliburton says is true, then that is pretty damning for them as well. If they thought BP's well plan was unsafe but went along with it anyway, then they have their share of the responsibility.

EDIT: Glancing at the feed, Hayward has the look of a hunted man knowing he's soon to be an unemployed, hunted man.

Directional drilling was my job for 5 years bud.  Don't take me as an indication.

This is reaching Comedy of Errors levels.  Halliburton does shady deals,  but I will say I've never had them agree to anything like that;  EOG (Enron under a new name) is the only company I've had issues with in that manner.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 17, 2010, 04:21:04 pm »

Is anybody else not surprised that the guy who had to apologize for his comment, Barton or something, is from Texas?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 17, 2010, 05:00:48 pm »

BP is beyond pants-on-head retarded. This is like... milk and cereal in belly button retarded.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 17, 2010, 05:57:22 pm »

It's magma-gargling retarded.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 17, 2010, 07:01:54 pm »

Is it evil of me to giggle with glee every day their stock goes down?  :D
Also, they are now #4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_oil_spills#Largest_oil_spills
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:05:25 pm by alway »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 17, 2010, 07:36:29 pm »

What if some dick in good old America decided to go "DERP LETS SET IT ON FIRE" And threw a match out into the oil thingy, thus igniting the entire thing. Because of him alone.

Heh, makes you think how much pow-ar we hold. Then again the smoke from the oil burning would be fuckhuge. No, not fuckhuge, fuckfuckfuckshitcockhhuge.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 17, 2010, 07:37:59 pm »

A lot of the oil is spread out in strands and globs, mixed throughout the water. You could get small portions of it to burn, but it wouldn't be one match lighting the ocean on fire.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 17, 2010, 08:01:09 pm »

Is it evil of me to giggle with glee every day their stock goes down?  :D
Also, they are now #4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_oil_spills#Largest_oil_spills

If it passes the Ixtoc I oil spill it will probably be the worst in terms of environmental damage since the first two were on land.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 17, 2010, 08:09:46 pm »

What if some dick in good old America decided to go "DERP LETS SET IT ON FIRE" And threw a match out into the oil thingy, thus igniting the entire thing. Because of him alone.

Heh, makes you think how much pow-ar we hold. Then again the smoke from the oil burning would be fuckhuge. No, not fuckhuge, fuckfuckfuckshitcockhhuge.
Meh, been done. http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=a-vortex-of-fire-erupts-at-the-oil-2010-06-16

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 17, 2010, 08:32:53 pm »

Personally, I think this has reached the level of criminally negligent homicide, and someone needs to go down for it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 17, 2010, 09:26:34 pm »

Personally, I think this has reached the level of criminally negligent homicide, and someone needs to go down for it.

"Homicide" is too strong a word.  Even "manslaughter" would surely devolve into an unfair witchhunt.  Really, BP has been beat up far too much over this.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 17, 2010, 09:33:28 pm »

It's not just one cohesive slick, burning the whole thing would never work.  Plus, a lot of it is in giant underwater plumes that lurk in the depths waiting to drag unwitting sailors to an oily doom.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 17, 2010, 09:56:41 pm »

How hard does one have to work to get oil off their skin?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 79