Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Pirates were released to the freedom and... drown. So dwarfly, isn't it?  (Read 21003 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile

gravedig the thread. Yeah, it had to happen eventually. The only question is... why?

[Crackpot conspiracy counter: 22]
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

gravedig the thread. Yeah, it had to happen eventually. The only question is... why?

[Crackpot conspiracy counter: 22]
Hah! Someone already did a 22.

Or did they?!

[Crackpot conspiracy counter: 23 or 24]
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile

Still thinking it was a unnaceptable act of barbary.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not that big a deal, all he did was gravedig the thread.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I have noticed what it is you just did there.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

I think I have noticed what it is you just did there.
I perceived your act.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I became aware of your verbal tactics at this juncture

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

So speaking of, let's say the Russians arrested the pirates and hauled them into port, and got the police to arrest them. Would anything have actually happened to them? Does anyone have info on what Somali prisons are like or what their justice system is like?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's kinda like being two Fonzies strapped together with snakes.

EDIT: S =/= Z
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:42:46 pm by Bandages »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Google says that is already a Thing. Or people are trying to make it a Thing.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile

Pirate Surrenders; Disarm, Detain, Discourage.
Pirate Resists; Smite, Slay, Stab.

It needs to be made very clear the old rules are in effect; surrender peacefully and your life will be spared, choose to resist and you're all dead men. The problem I have with what the Russians did is that they captured the pirates, then killed them. This only encourages future pirates to resist, kill hostages, so on. It must be clear and consistant that surrendering means you live and fighting means you die, with no confusion so as to encourage pirates to surrender peacefully if intercepted.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

DrPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ars Technica

Dealing crack on the streets is a more cost-effective way of making money than working at McDonald's.
No it isn't.

There are very good reasons to believe that dealing crack on street corners earns you less than minimum wage. Dealing drugs is not a get rich quick scheme. Street-corner dealers are mere resellers; they don't keep the profits, they just earn, in essence, a commission.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone have info on what Somali prisons are like or what their justice system is like?

I've got this one:

There is none. Somali is a film state split up by various Warlords and widely considered an Anarchy.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are very good reasons to believe that dealing crack on street corners earns you less than minimum wage. Dealing drugs is not a get rich quick scheme. Street-corner dealers are mere resellers; they don't keep the profits, they just earn, in essence, a commission.

Depends on your definition of "get rich quick". They're doing it for the chance to become a full time dealer.

Anyway, on the pirates, I think they were basically just given some chance to live, compared to being shot dead if they didn't surrender. Something along the lines of letting them go free on a rubber boat, but giving them 5 minutes to row away before they start lobbing grenades at them just for the fun of it. At least that's what I'd do.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8