Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Pirates were released to the freedom and... drown. So dwarfly, isn't it?  (Read 21006 times)

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They do arm cargo ships.Problem is port.If shipping to the united states or the like,while having assault rifles and HMG's Is perfectly fine in international waters,port laws tend to be very strict.

I just don't understand what all the fuss is about.Many honest,hard working sailors die out in sea,and you barely hear of that,nor does anyone appear to care for unfathomable reasons.But a few criminals drown,And everyone makes them out to be goddamn robin hood.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile

Then again, most hardworking sailors aren't placed on an inflatable raft and put out to sea to die.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My opinion on the matter has been stated.Everyone has their own values and interpretations,on what they consider right and wrong.If someone wishes to pity them,or not,that's their choice.
Considering the alternatives of straight up shooting them,or letting them go on account of no legal jurisdiction or whatever,I don't see whats so tragic.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile

They do arm cargo ships.Problem is port.If shipping to the united states or the like,while having assault rifles and HMG's Is perfectly fine in international waters,port laws tend to be very strict.

What if there was a staging point (or several) just outside national waters heading to major ports.  At these staging points (I'm imagining something like an oil rig) the crew would load all of said guns and ammunition into a labelled container.  Then a helicopter or boat would take it to the rig until the ship returns to retrieve the weapons on the way out.

Also:
The Russian ship will return to port mysteriously short one anti-ship missile.

Crackpot conspiracy counter: 6
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile

My opinion on the matter has been stated.Everyone has their own values and interpretations,on what they consider right and wrong.If someone wishes to pity them,or not,that's their choice.
Considering the alternatives of straight up shooting them,or letting them go on account of no legal jurisdiction or whatever,I don't see whats so tragic.

I think the point is that you're basically saying they deserve to die because they were born in Somalia.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the point is that you're basically saying they deserve to die because they are pirates

Fixed that for you.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the point is that you're basically saying they deserve to die because they are pirates

Fixed that for you.

Well, if you ever steal something because you're starving to death and don't have any other way to survive remind me to set you adrift on an inflatable raft.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed that for you.

Well, if you ever kill or kidnap somebody and take their shit because you're starving to death and don't have any other way to survive remind me to set you adrift on an inflatable raft, and then tell you about people around that world who are in similar or worse situations and don't do so.

Fixed that for you.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed that for you.

Well, if you ever kill or kidnap somebody and take their shit because you're starving to death and don't have any other way to survive remind me to set you adrift on an inflatable raft, and then tell you about people around that world who are in similar or worse situations and don't do so.

I'm an angry, unsympathetic, and uninformed human being who thinks anyone born into a situation where they would be forced to violate my ethical code in order to survive deserves to die and can't come up with any sort of rational arguments to support my beliefs and so instead makes fake quotes of people I disagree with that make them say things they didn't say all while saying nothing myself other than "Fixed the for you" despite or perhaps even because of the fact that all this does is make them want to flame me.

There.  Fixed that for you.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:31:14 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have an amusing way of taking apart what I did and explaining it. Good job!

But yes, I would say that breaking my code of ethics by killing me and/or my buddies is enough to make me want to leave you in an inflatable raft in the ocean.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A spambot not plugging its product in its post?

Gosh.

Farewell spambot. Flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 05:54:04 am by Jackrabbit »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, these were loud news here and I still don't know what to think about it.

By the way, that boat was the same the pirates used to capture the ship. They just had all their navigation gear confiscated.

So they didn't give them some old boat, they sent them as they came, just without weapons and equipment.

And there were 9 pirates.

P.S. And it's not dwarfly, it's a bit sad. Not that I give a damn about it, but still they didn't kill anyone so I don't think that they deserved death, intentional or not.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:43:35 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Well if it's the same boat they came with, then the odds of them drowning just like that arn't all that great. They're probably lost at sea somewhere, but still alive (and pretty pissed because they're hungry).

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, maybe they just dropped off the radar.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Not like you're actualy going to see a rubber boat on the radar ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8