Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Pirates were released to the freedom and... drown. So dwarfly, isn't it?  (Read 20993 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, unless they were completely retarded they'd have a rough idea of the cardinal directions, and would presumably know which way land was, so unless they're engine was confiscated too, or they lacked the fuel to get back, they either made it to shore or ran into mechanical problems (possibly sabotage) that led to the boat sinking. You might need navigational equipment to hit a specific point on the shore, but it's not like somalia is a small island...

Thank you for pointing this out. The "pro-pirates" in this thread seem to think the original boat the pirates came in on, was paddled up to a Russian cargo vessel traveling around 20+ knots.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile

"A source in the Russian Defense Ministry earlier told RIA Novosti that the pirates had been disarmed and "sent adrift" in a rubber boat without navigation equipment."
Actually it doesn't say. I was picturing them being abandoned in a rubber boat (the kind you use when a boat sink) in hight sea, with two paddle and no navigation equipment. But they were maybe returned they boat, with plenty of oil and the general direction of the land. I still think it's the first, but how to be sure?
Mah, anyway it's not like the Russian will come to take my advice next time so it's no big deal.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]