Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: MixMod for 31.25 v0.9  (Read 47088 times)

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.10 v0.5
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2010, 12:50:00 am »

Well, I'm back. Many mods have been updated, so I release a major update for my mod.
Behold! MixMod v0.5! With updated mods, Zelda mod, Music mod, Flora and Fauna mod.

Romtos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2010, 09:11:42 am »

Downloading (again).  :P

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2010, 03:20:28 pm »

Are there any world gen parameters that make it easier for most civs to survive? I'd also recommend nerfing Centards. I can't stand those things. The get huge nations while I'm always stuck with one playable civ because they go nuts.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »

If you don't want the Centaurs to be as dominant, don't make them worse. Make the other civs more badass.

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2010, 06:15:56 pm »

really? i've never even saw a centaur, in my world the ilithids and sergals are the badasses (and yet, not a single siege, im really unlucky/lucky)

oh well, downloading, lets see if i get a better world this time.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2010, 06:51:49 pm »

really? i've never even saw a centaur, in my world the ilithids and sergals are the badasses (and yet, not a single siege, im really unlucky/lucky)

oh well, downloading, lets see if i get a better world this time.
??? Exact opposite here.

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2010, 10:18:52 pm »

In my worlds cetaurs are powerful, but not dominant.
I'm using worldgen parameters for Large Region with 100 civs and 224 end year (because it would take soooooooooo long to get to 1050).

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2010, 03:19:53 pm »

I may..... have done something wrong.....

i only say that because cave fishs dire wolves giant toads and pidgeys are actual playable civs (pidgeys are not fortress mode compatible, and blood spiders are evil, but im thinking of enjoying this and playing a dire wolf fortress.... or killing the world with a chipmunk hero

(and for some reason, the rutherers are in war with the blood spiders)

i have tought that this was a naming bug since when i open the world in world viewer, the civs have normal races assigned to them (the dire wolves civ is actually a wastelander civ), but when i click in embark now, and view my 7 "dwarves" they are really dire wolves

weird

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2010, 03:34:29 pm »

That's a duplicate entry bug. What does the error log say?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:29 pm »

I found the issue with Centaurs! They have steel and they shouldn't have. Most forest races are just fine with Ironwood, and if it doesn't work as well, I could always fudge my population numbers. I think most races need to be changed up according to the area. No foresters should have higher power metals like Steel and it's variations,Titanium,Mithril, like no FF metals (reading the raws while I do this), sun gold would work, probably. Mainly keep powerful metals away because no one but mountain dwellers and certain towns should be playing with those things. And minotaurs only have vanilla access, so that needs to be fixed. And who seiges my bull people anyway?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2010, 06:59:44 pm »

I'm using worldgen parameters for Large Region with 100 civs and 224 end year (because it would take soooooooooo long to get to 1050).

I believe the centaurs came from my mod. They are dominant because they are large and as blackmagechill mentioned, possess steel. This is supposed to happen. They are basically a cooler version of elves. In my opinion, there is no point in being worried about chopping down trees if the civ that gets upset isn't too threatening. If this mod hasn't been updated, it may not include my update that nerfed the centaurs. They are still a powerful foe though.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2010, 08:04:51 pm »

I believe the centaurs came from my mod. They are dominant because they are large and as blackmagechill mentioned, possess steel. This is supposed to happen. They are basically a cooler version of elves. In my opinion, there is no point in being worried about chopping down trees if the civ that gets upset isn't too threatening. If this mod hasn't been updated, it may not include my update that nerfed the centaurs. They are still a powerful foe though.
Actually, the horses are mowing down stuff with Ironwood just fine. Iron wood was supposed to be for forest civs with issues in warfare started because of trees. And that's been done. Unfortunately they also have access to the myriad of metals that are close to or better than steel. I think we should probably start working out kinks like keeping more powerful civs away from the nuker metals.

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2010, 10:23:15 am »

Dang, this mod is epic, but there are a lot of duplicate things from mods incorporating other mods into them... Here is my error log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is where all the duplicate entry bugs are from, I guess.
The cave crab has some tissue issues with shell as well, but that is probably not related to the mixing. If all the errors are removed, I'd play the hell out this mod... Maybe I'll try to remove the duplicates myself, even.

EDIT: I did, and it didn't crash anymore! No more floating gut civs, though. Aww. I immediately created a Hylian adventurer and raided a centaur town, throwing fireballs at them and butchering a few. Its funny to open the doors of a house and throwing a fireball in there, exiting, and waiting for the centaurs in there to die. This mod owns.

Edit2: Ehh, that's exactly what I did... Oops. I figured it wouldn't matter because this mod would replace those files anyway. Disregard everything I said then.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:29:51 pm by Ma88hew »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2010, 12:47:10 pm »

Yep, Centaurs are the new elves.

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 12:33:24 am »

there are a lot of duplicate things from mods incorporating other mods into them...

I'm pretty sure that you installed this mod upon a Genesis mod or something, it's supposed to be installed on a modless DF.

Update! Genesis, Wasteland, and Kobold Camp updated.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14