Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: MixMod for 31.25 v0.9  (Read 47083 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.12 v0.6
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2010, 09:11:44 am »

Did anyone else talk to a priest and get a religion in adventure mode? I was a salamander and I talked to the High mysteries, asked if I could help and she said experience so and so deity. And now I can talk to the diety anywhere but he never answers.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2010, 10:22:49 am »

Did anyone else talk to a priest and get a religion in adventure mode? I was a salamander and I talked to the High mysteries, asked if I could help and she said experience so and so deity. And now I can talk to the diety anywhere but he never answers.
That has been a feature of the base game for some time now, yes.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2010, 05:35:14 pm »

You should scrap the normal Illithid mod for the Illithid empire mod. It adds them playable in fortress mode, and that's part of what I like about this mod. All the fort mode races.

Terv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2010, 08:40:51 pm »

What I like about this mod is the sheer amount of craziness that is involved. I put the Civ seed at 100 civs, so I have a colorful history (of 35 years, I like to start early) with the many races. It's funny to see things like bulbasaur leather and the bug people (xeltics?) This mod rocks.

EDIT: After only 35 years of history, the goblins are extinct (but with many goblin-like species to fill in for them) and the Dyansauri have been reduced to a population of two living in an Automaton mountain fortress. My guess is the Automatons attacked the Dyansauri early on, and only two survived. I wonder if they are of opposite genders, and will make more? Probably not, and another race will be wiped out... This mod rocks SO HARD.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 06:40:55 pm by Terv »

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2010, 09:46:19 am »

Well, I wasn't here for a while and now I see some updates and new mods.
So here is new version of MixMod with updated mods, WotR, and Fortress Defense Mod.

Aglathan

• Bay Watcher
  • In brightest day, in blackest night.
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.12 v0.65
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2010, 10:25:03 pm »

No time to play Dwarf Fortress but it's good to know that my favorite mod is still alive.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2010, 06:12:33 am »

:V Holy shit. Downloaded.

Holy shit, arena mode takes half a minute to load. So many stuffs to play with. Nice mod merge, through wasteland mod doesn't really fit in there...

Also for some reasons some letters appear as materials to me (iron block, sand etc.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:23:05 am by Dbuhos »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2010, 05:43:51 am »

I've been playing this for a bit now, and I must say, it is HARD. A dozen or so ambushes every season with 40 dwarves is a bit much.

Still really like it though. And wasteland seems a perfect fit - who wouldn't want to carve up moogles with chainsaws and lead pipes?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

carriontrooper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2010, 08:33:28 am »

Hey, glad someone made a 'spiritual successor' of Mega Mix. BTW you can include the speech files from Mega Mix, they work with the newer versions. :D
Hope to see this mashup continue!
I am wretched, but I am STRONG!
I am the future... I AM ZERG!
LIVE FOR THE SWARRRRMMMMMMMM

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2010, 02:48:17 pm »

Oh man, just two days ago I thought "I should start making a mod in Dwarf Fort. But not any mod. It should menace with spikes of ridiculous complexity, and be studded with awesome. I will call it Megamix 2010."

Then I work until today and on my way to check page 3 for more mods to add, I find that someone already had this idea.

That my previous search didn't bring up.

So while all my work was for naught, it's awesome to see this thing reborn in 2010. And the spirit of 40d Megamix still lives. Wasteland mod + fantasy mods = a-okay.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2010, 03:16:40 pm »

You two should work together. It can only become more complex and confusing that way.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2010, 03:29:27 pm »

While that might be true and amusing, it wouldn't be amusing if this thing died because a team working it all lost their minds because they had no idea what they were doing or if their stuff would fit to others without all those dreaded errors.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2010, 05:27:20 pm »

I was bored and messing with the new version of DF, making races fort-playable and realizing most creatures did not have access to the many reactions available to their race because of lack of appropriate buildings. Then I made these unholy messes

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=17ForCmePZ_6bjdSePuD8JMU9AzqgKYlor4VtUsHFfN8&hl=en&authkey=CKr5uLUJ
https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1oYEVe5SCb8e8M_7hVI89hb6ZojJdVUYR29l3GLGECIg&hl=en&authkey=CM6afw

Hope they're useful to someone. I'm thinking about adding cross-mod improvements to my own game with the aid of these, but it'll depend on my relatively short attention span hehe.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2010, 02:03:21 am »

I would like to officially register a "What the Fun, Sdonourg?"
It seems he's still active, but this mod hasn't seen attention in weeks. If he doesn't continue it, someone needs to take up the mantle, for SCIENCE!
Of for Fun.

Sdonourg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MixMod for 31.16 v0.7
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2010, 08:14:47 am »

Hello there, folks. I'm still here, I'm glad that people still remember my mod, but I had no time for updates. And now I have it. And there will be update for 31.16 in a few hours, or maybe tomorrow.

EDIT: And here it is. Updated Genesis and Fortress Defense, added Dungeon Keeper. And I think it works on 31.16
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:55:57 am by Sdonourg »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14