Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I do?

Start a new game. And end this one.
- 5 (83.3%)
Start a new game. And continue this one.
- 0 (0%)
Continue this game. But don't make a new game.
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Future Squad RTD (End.)  (Read 21817 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Future Squad RTD (Turn 4. We've got contacts!)
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2010, 04:39:36 pm »

Repeat last action with more success and call to a teammate for help if I can't get out.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:33:10 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2010, 05:15:48 pm »

Now that I've managed to wake up my comrade, I head back to my position and open fire on those damn Confederates.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2010, 05:46:09 pm »

Fire on Confederates with battle rifle (+1 aim, -1 damage)

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2010, 05:53:22 pm »

KILL. SHRED. DESTROY.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2010, 05:54:30 pm »

Fire on Confederates with battle rifle (+1 aim, -1 damage)
You want to add an additional +1 to aiming? Are you TRYING to get an overshot? :o
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2010, 06:07:43 pm »

Eh? I thought the battle rifle gave me +1 aim and -1 damage.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2010, 06:12:08 pm »

Nope.
On second thought, battlerifles basically suck.
I sling the battlerifle over my back, then man the turret, blasting at approaching enemy dropships.
They have their uses, they get +1 to aiming, SMG's get -1 to aiming but +1 to damage.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2010, 06:24:48 pm »

Actually, I'll release what the bonuses and penalties are to weapons.

SMG, -1 to aiming (Rather small), +1 to damage (Shoots lots of bullets in a turn's length).
Battlerifle, +1 to aiming (Has a minor scope).
Sniperrifle, +2 to aiming (Major scope), cannot be used in close combat.
Pistol, -1 to aiming (small) Can be pulled out quickly (free action, though putting away your other weapon still costs a turn), best backup weapon if you get disarmed.
Shotgun, Auto success on aiming (Scatters), +1 to damage, worthless in long range combat.
Super laser, Can damage vehicles, Takes two turns to cool down after firing.

These are just the basic weapons in the game, I'll introduce more as you advance.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2010, 06:57:56 pm »

Oh, cool.

Also what I meant was I thought battlerifles were an incredible find or something, but actually almost all team members have them by default, so there wasn't much point in making extra care to use it.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2010, 08:39:24 pm »

Actually, I'll release what the bonuses and penalties are to weapons.

SMG, -1 to aiming (Rather small), +1 to damage (Shoots lots of bullets in a turn's length).
Battlerifle, +1 to aiming (Has a minor scope).
Sniperrifle, +2 to aiming (Major scope), cannot be used in close combat.
Pistol, -1 to aiming (small) Can be pulled out quickly (free action, though putting away your other weapon still costs a turn), best backup weapon if you get disarmed.
Shotgun, Auto success on aiming (Scatters), +1 to damage, worthless in long range combat.
Super laser, Can damage vehicles, Takes two turns to cool down after firing.

These are just the basic weapons in the game, I'll introduce more as you advance.

What about my minigun?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2010, 08:45:09 pm »

*Facepalm* forgot about that. ;D

Minigun -1 to aiming, +2 to damage, -1 damage instead against any decently armored troops, overheats after 3 turns of continual use (Each turn you wait decreases the cool down counter by a turn). Deploying removes the -1 to aiming, but you are, of course, stationary until you un-deploy it.

Now, lets hope that nuker w posts his turn now!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2010, 09:01:04 pm »

....so it's -1 to aiming and -1 damage against armored troops? It's actually worse than a pistol?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2010, 09:06:23 pm »

Well, I had to give you a penalty. Otherwise it would have been a god weapon. :P

Well, other weapons fire heavy bullets, like, for example, the battlerifle, it fires rifle rounds, the pistol fires pistol rounds (Very slow, but powerful) and the SMG fires slightly lighter rounds than the battlerifle (at a rate that it cancels out the penalty for less damage). The Minigun had to use even smaller rounds to increase the fire rate (And thus lowering it's armor piercing capabilities even more than the SMG). So it's Either firepower, or rate of fire.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:09:19 pm by Tarran »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2010, 09:58:32 pm »

It's potentially made of excrement and duct tape.
But it's also potentially incredible.
Deployed against light infantry, it can mow them down with +2 damage, and after three turns you can just take out your battle rifle and blast them for a turn or something.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2010, 03:52:42 am »

Try to find gear to block up windows and doors
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20