Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 7  (Read 29389 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: World Edition; Unstoppable!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 09:15:31 am »

its a heli :)
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 10:39:23 am »

I'm still working on the Air-Land-Sea interactions. at the moment, I think that 1 of each set will be able to hit all of one alternate type each for medium damage.

For example, air unit ideas. Bombers will be able to attack ships, and Gunships can attack troops. Fighters, while not being able to attack other units, would still be useful for taking out other planes.

Alternatively, bombers kill ships, gunships kill troops, and fighters kill bombers/gunships.

I agree that some of the land unit interactions don't make a whole lot of sense, but that's mainly because of the system. Light infantry bullets don't pierce heavy armor, and thus L. infantry don't do well against heavy armor. In order to keep it balanced, heavy armor does high damage against light infantry. I may need different names later, but this way people know what they're buying.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 10:52:26 am »

if i see correctly andorra is yellow yay for being a 2000$ micro nation! :)
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 10:55:57 am »

Nah, Andorra is green. Luxembourg is yellow, though. Does anyone have any comments on the income/size map? It hasn't been tested yet, but does it look balanced? Also, in the future I will set the movement/turn of all the units.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 11:12:27 am »

than i change my mind ill be my country Sweden. for the motherland!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 01:27:02 pm »

Looks like it was unstartable.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 01:51:14 pm »

I'm dropping out, I'm sorry but I just lost interest, been waiting for too long.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 03:53:42 pm »

How are Transports going?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 06:16:51 pm »

Looks like it was unstartable.
Haha, good one. I keep telling everyone that I'm not starting until I get everything set up.

I'm dropping out, I'm sorry but I just lost interest, been waiting for too long.
Okay, but feel free to come back when the game is about to start.

How are Transports going?
While I've been away from the computer that has all of the files on it, I've decided a few things. Airplanes will hold less than Trains which will hold less than Barges. This is because Airplanes are the most versatile, in that they can move over land and sea. Trains carry more because they can't go over sea tiles. Barges carry the most because it takes several turns to traverse an ocean, and it'd be nice if you didn't need to send a half dozen barges to invade places.

I'll make the text charts for transports now, and update them as images later. Afterwards, movement speed will be added to the units.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 10:00:47 pm »

Transports are in, as well as updated combat units. The Sizegroup map has been updated for floodfilling. As soon as buildings are complete, I will set up a die-rolling program and we can get this show on the road.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 11:11:01 pm »

Excellent. Can I contribute building names or stats or something?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 11:15:35 pm »

Sure. At the moment I'm thinking of anti-ship defenses, anti-land defenses, and anti-air defenses, in addition to a building that makes it harder to move through the country.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 11:34:39 pm »

Modify effects and cost as desired.

Also, how is combat supposed to work? Are we allowed to know?

Barbed Wire
$300*Country Size
Adds 1 to movement needed to traverse country.

AA Emplacements
$500
Acts as stationary unit. Super-effective against all aircraft, totally ineffective against all others.

Naval Mines
$750
Naval units unloading on the country have a 10% chance to be destroyed

Heavy Naval Mines
$2000
Can be bought more than once; when a fleet unloads on the country, a random one of the units is destroyed, as well as the mines.

Minefields
$1000
All enemy land units occupying the country have a 5% chance to be destroyed each turn they are in the country but have not yet seized it.

Bunkers
$1000
Negates "not very effective" for defending land units.

Factories
$1000
Units built in this country are 20% cheaper.

Mines
$1000
This country generates 10% more money.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2010, 12:48:24 am »

Also, how is combat supposed to work? Are we allowed to know?
I'll flip a coin to see who goes first, then pick a random unit from each side (alternating) to attack an opposing unit. A d6 will be rolled, and the results will be as follows.

When the attacker is super effective, it needs a 4 or lower to destroy the enemy.
When the attacker is normally effective, it needs a 3 or lower to destroy the enemy.
When the attacker is not very effective, it needs a 2 or lower to destroy the enemy.

Also, I like the idea for prices for barbed wire varying with country size, as well as a couple other buildings. I'm shying away from buildings that increase income or lower troop cost though, as those tend to get out of control really quickly.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010, 01:31:13 am »

Okay then.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26