Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Stupidest / Most Dangerous Thing You Did In Your School Years  (Read 6932 times)

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Stupidest / Most Dangerous Thing You Did In Your School Years
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2010, 04:15:17 pm »

My buddies and I would get drunk take turns giving each other 'rides' on the top of my old 72 ford pinto wagon (with fake wood on the sides).  See we lived in a rural area with lots of bumpy dirt roads, it was all great fun really.  We would go until the person on top was banging on the roof begging to be let off, or they fell off.  We were lucky we drive over someone.

My brother and I constantly would get into our grandfathers gunpowder supply and make all kind of fun pyrotechnics.  We once tried to make ANFO, but we did not have anything to set it off.  We had made a batch in a 5 gal bucket, I really cant imagine now what would have happened if we actually managed to get it to go off.

I got banned from driving my dads 260Z when our neighbor caught me doing 140 on the highway on the way home from school.

Pretty tame considering some of the stuff in this thread lol.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2010, 04:40:54 pm »

Remember, homemade thermite makers, getting good thermite to actually light is pretty tough.

Try magnesium for the ignitor.

Wait, that's one of those "tell people stuff they shouldn't know" things, isn't it?

Potassium permanganate and glycerine's what the guys at my department use. It's less vollatile then magnesium strips so you don't have to watch for static electricity sparks untill you mix it up (when you mix it up, it starts burning fast and violently though, so stay clear. On the other hand, you're using thermite so you should already know that...) Also, both ingredients are easier to get a hold of then magnesium strips usualy (comes in handy if you don't have a chemistry or science department willing to donate some strips). Glycerine's a food additive and Pottasium permanganate's used as a pool cleaner (though you usualy get it in a 50% sollution, so you'll have to evaporate out the water and dry it well)

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2010, 06:56:42 pm »

I was on a school trip at an activity center. We were trying archery one day when i cocked an arrow, drew, then pointed the bow at my friends face point blank range while saying "Hey bradly look at this".

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2010, 07:41:54 pm »

That's just dumb.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2010, 08:01:06 pm »

And then Bradley died.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Pathos

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2010, 11:24:56 pm »

Quasi-related to the topic:-

In secondary school (American high school), some girl in a year or two below me (American grades) tried to report me for spitting on her, swearing at her etc etc. I think I'd shouted at her after she was insulting me, and a few of my friends backed me up on this, so I got off scot free whilst she was left infuriated.

Anyway, she told her brother (who'd left the school the year before) about this, and he'd apparently stood outside the school for a few days, waiting for me to get out. He also confronted a few people who looked like me. He eventually gave up because he didn't seem to remember there were TWO ways out of the school, and half the people left through the other one. I was pretty scared at this point, because I remembered him as being a bit of a bully and considered himself a real scrapper.

A few weeks later, I was ambling down the road quite happily, when I walked past a bus stop and who was there but HIM and one of his friends. I nearly choked, and he recognised me and stood up...

And that's when I realised he was about a foot shorter than me, and I was looking down at him. He just said to me, "Don't do whatever you did again" and I had to choke back my laughter to reply "Okay".

God damn, fun times.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2010, 11:33:27 pm »

Short dudes can still kick your ass.

I mean, I wouldn't know, because I am of precisely average height, but I'm sure it's true.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2010, 12:03:51 am »

This one time i accidentally hooked half of Bradleys eye out, too. We were playing with an elastic cord with metal hooks on each end, making  catapult of some sort. We hooked one end on a tree then i sent Bradley off to pull on the other end to test the elasticity. the bark on the tree broke a few seconds later and the hook flew strait into his eye, spraying grayish gooey matter on me when he pulled it out.
He wears an eye patch now.

precisely average
Wat

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2010, 04:24:09 pm »

Yes, actually.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2010, 04:38:40 pm »

It's true.  Shorties have a low center of gravity and all that.  Plus, we tall people have long, gangly limbs that are just begging to be pulled off like a daddy longleg.
Shoes...

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2010, 04:53:25 pm »

This one time i accidentally hooked half of Bradleys eye out, too. We were playing with an elastic cord with metal hooks on each end, making  catapult of some sort. We hooked one end on a tree then i sent Bradley off to pull on the other end to test the elasticity. the bark on the tree broke a few seconds later and the hook flew strait into his eye, spraying grayish gooey matter on me when he pulled it out.
He wears an eye patch now.

precisely average
Wat

lolwut

He actually tried to kill you during that 'playfight'
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2010, 05:05:01 pm »

He actually tried to kill you during that 'playfight'
If youre referring to the playfight with my brother broken nose thing in another thread, then no. Bradley isnt my brother.

precisely average
Wat
5'10"/177cm?
Exactly. 'precisely' average hight is impossible because average hight is an average.
Ahh no wait i get it now. He means 'the hight that is known as average'.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2010, 09:28:05 pm »

*snip*

Wait, did you actually spit on her, or was she making stuff up?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8