Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Life advice Primer. Read this before posting a new thread.  (Read 7551 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Life advice Primer. Read this before posting a new thread.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 02:24:01 am »

I fail to see the logic in trying to make someone feel depressed in the same thread that's supposed to stop shit like that.

Not that it isn't funny.

Also, "Ah'm makin' a computer!"  I'm still divided as to whether either of those qualify as Life Advice, but they're here to stay.
I'll be damned if you'll make me move mine.

Also, you forgot the "ha ha see how I'm pretending I need advice over a girl whoops threads not actually about that how clever am I" threads. Oh, and the "ha ha see how I made fun of myself for making the above thread how clever am I" posts.

Man, I'm kinda depressed now.
Deadpan anti-humor is my specialty.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 07:50:57 am »

<<< Hasn't been depressed through High School. Honestly, I'm having the time of my life.
What about the fact that you're preparing for an extended education in a broken system to do nothing more then gain a multi-thousand dollar piece of paper that allows you to work for 40 years before dying unfulfilled? How does that make you feel?
It's no different than normal High School work, really. Besides, that expensive piece of wood pulp will allow me to do what I love for 40 years before dying. Not sure if I'll be fulfilled yet, but who knows?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

CptFastbreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 08:12:58 am »

Besides, that expensive piece of wood pulp will allow me to do what I love for 40 years before dying.

You hang on to that notion, kid!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 08:42:25 am »

Damn you!

My highschool takes six, not four years.

I've been depressed once, I guess, but it wasn't high school doing it, and I just got over it. Hurray for me. ::)
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 10:15:33 am »

I, like Barbarossa, am going through high school swimmingly. I firmly believe that nothing is ever bad enough to be worth getting depressed about, my parents could die in a pool of boiling lava and I'd be gutted but I'd stay happy. Seriously, life's too short to be depressed.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 01:12:31 pm »

Can I just add, "if you post about your awkward situations, prepare to be met with derision and harshness and don't complain about it like you didn't invite it by posting it on the internet."
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 03:40:44 pm »

<<< Hasn't been depressed through High School. Honestly, I'm having the time of my life.

High school has been awesome for me too.

Frankly, elementary school sucked because I was constantly teased, middle school was the time where I started liking girls, and they didn't like me back, and high school...

I've gotten tougher, fitter, smarter, more popular, and there's a girl that likes me. I frankly don't know what there is to complain about.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 03:50:55 pm »

Most of them probably got depressed because they assumed they could just breeze through school,and with no effort on their own get what they want.
Now here's a shocker:sometimes,you have to WORK to get what you want.
And,to be pretty blunt,Back in my high school days,i remember a lot of people just not having the balls to do anything,whether it was ask a girl out or whatever.

But then again,i turned out to be a belligerent,disagreeable man who's never quite satisfied with anything and has a dangerous thrill addiction.So maybe they had the last laugh.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 03:56:45 pm »

Most of them probably got depressed because they assumed they could just breeze through school,and with no effort on their own get what they want.
Now here's a shocker:sometimes,you have to WORK to get what you want.
And,to be pretty blunt,Back in my high school days,i remember a lot of people just not having the balls to do anything,whether it was ask a girl out or whatever.

But then again,i turned out to be a belligerent,disagreeable man who's never quite satisfied with anything and has a dangerous thrill addiction.So maybe they had the last laugh.

I never had to work at all when I was in high school.

In fact, I did better when I didn't put in an effort. I spent most of Grade 12 Canadian Literature class trade-evolving my Pokemon.

It changed when I got to university, of course.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 04:03:42 pm »

Eh,maybe "work" is the wrong word.But some of these people,it seems,think that they can spend all day at home,shut in,never work out or do sports,and when they get to school everyone will magically like and respect them.
I don't even know.I barely remember my high school years,barring the memorable pieces.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 04:16:29 pm »

piecewise: Have you considered writing a book?

I imagine a giant tome, bound in emo leather, with the words "Before you ask the internet..." branded into the cover.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 04:34:04 pm »

What about the fact that you're preparing for an extended education in a broken system to do nothing more then gain a multi-thousand dollar piece of paper that allows you to work for 40 years before dying unfulfilled? How does that make you feel?

Its funny how completely and utterly useless and irrelevant high school was.   :D

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 04:40:44 pm »

Look what you've done. They're posting in GD instead of Life Advice now.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 05:29:37 pm »

Look what you've done. They're posting in GD instead of Life Advice now.
Oh, for the love of God.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 05:59:13 pm »

Eh,maybe "work" is the wrong word.But some of these people,it seems,think that they can spend all day at home,shut in,never work out or do sports,and when they get to school everyone will magically like and respect them.
I don't even know.I barely remember my high school years,barring the memorable pieces.

I never worked out or did sports and everybody in high school loved me and I had hot girlfriends and hot potential leads all the time. My problem was always that I kept choosing the girlfriends who seemed friendly and nice instead of the ones who were feisty, which I feel I would have had more fun with.

Though I became more of a shut in in University, especially living off-campus, and my social life suffered a bit as a result.

EDIT: I'm also the most awesome person on Earth (besides the guy in the Dos Equos (sp?) beer commercials), so that may have something to do with it.

Stay thirsty, my friends.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:01:00 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4