Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: RTD Photobook! 4: Clowns, Toads, a God, a Giant Chicken and an acid pool  (Read 7868 times)

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This will be an RTD. For those of you who don't know what an RTD is, I'll explain it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Before we start, let me just tell you that I have no experience with running an RTD, no idea what I want to happen, and expect every character to die a horribly horrifying death. I'll probably be making up rules as I go along as well( and then pretending I had had them thought out beforehand, of course  :) ).

So I guess it's probably like most of the RTD's around here...except that this RTD has a very original* premise. In this RTD, you post your actions in images. Then I try to misunderstand them and decide what action you took based on that image. There are a few rules to this, though:
1. Your image can't have text in it. Well, it can have text, but not text that describes an action, if you get what I mean. An image with a bottle that says poison would be fine, but not an image that says "doing a polevault jump over the magma moat". I'm not sure where you would find such an image, but I'm smart enough not to underestimate your googling skills.
2. It can't be an image you've drawn yourself specifically to depict the action you want to take.
3-20. Reserved for whenever one of you figures out a new exploit.

You get to make your own character sheet as well. This is how it works:

Name: post an image
Backstory: post an image
Item: post an image
Skill: post an image

Think you are up to it?

I will be taking 6 players, and a waiting list, as that seems to be the tradition here. I will try to do every player at once in a turn, but if some people are not posting actions, I may opt to do individual updates, or just have them do nothing/get horribly mauled by some creature. Or wait, I have a better idea. If someone hasn't posted for 5 3 days after the update, everyone gets to suggest actions, and I'll just pick one for them  :D

So uhm...ladies and gentlemen, start your search engines** and post those character sheets!

*This is completely my own idea, and nobody has ever thought of it before. Seriously. If they did, it's because they retroactively stole it from me. So there.

**I made that terrible pun on purpose. I'm not sure why, but I did. It was not at all a failed attempt at a joke. So there. Again.

Player list:

Waiting list:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:31:41 pm by Flagrarus »
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Photobook!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:38:16 am »

This sounds awesome!

Name:

Backstory:

Item:

Skill:
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 12:17:33 pm »

This is gonna own.

Name:

Backstory:

Item:

Skill:
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 12:18:25 pm »

Name:
Backstory:
Item:
Skill:
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 12:27:46 pm »

In, give me a second.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 12:39:39 pm »

This sounds awesome!

Name:

Backstory:

Item:
Skill:

Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 12:56:05 pm »

IN
Name

Backstory

Item:

Skill:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:00:46 pm by Batista »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 01:02:44 pm »

CHUCK NORRIS?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 01:25:46 pm »

CHUCK NORRIS?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was surprised it hadn't been taken.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 05:03:17 pm »

So...I did the character sheets. Here you go:

( This was actually fairly hard, much harder than I expected. But it’ll probably be easier once I only have to do one image at a time, I guess :) )

Everybody ( that is, everyone we have so far ) starts out with 100/100 12/12physical health and 100/100 12/12 mental health ( Except señor Penguin, he only gets 9/12 mental health :p ). It should be obvious how physical health is lowered. Mental health can be lowered in a variety of ways. I’ll make those up as I go along as well. But two things that I have thought of now will be losing your Item ( -6 mental health ) and watching an ally die ( -4 mental health). Once your character is insane…bad things happen. Probably.

Oh, on skills: You still roll for them, but they differ from normal rolls.
1: Bad results
2: Doesn’t work
3-5: Works
6: Works even better

We’ll start when the last spot is filled :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:37:19 am by Flagrarus »
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Photobook! ( Just one more spot left )
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 05:13:42 pm »

Name:
Backstory:
Item:
Skill:

May I have in?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 07:07:22 pm »

Why didn't I get a weapon in the description?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 07:39:02 pm »

You chose the GPS as your item, and the gun as your skill.

See?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 08:01:27 am »

Haha,I was starting to get worried that you wouldn't guess "Urist".Good job on the stories mate.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 08:09:53 am »

This looks to be... Fun. I'll get on the waiting list.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5