Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon removal  (Read 1170 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Weapon removal
« on: May 10, 2010, 05:29:32 am »

i take it that "remove" also lets you take off weapons. Is there any way to make my character automatically not equip items as weapons. It is VERY hard to wrestle when you keep equipping clothes as weapons/shields
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon removal
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:20:37 pm »

I believe that if it's in your hand then it's equipped... drop the item or put it into your backpack to free your grasp for other more interesting things.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:09:40 pm »

just pick up some rocks first.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 01:11:08 pm »

if you've got rocks in your hands then the wrestling will prove tricky... unless you meant to put them in the backpack too?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 01:13:08 pm »

Any time you rip someone's clothes off, just back off and fling them at him, then close to grappling distance again. It should give him a light bruise at least.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 09:34:40 am »

but what would be the key to do so? i cannot find it
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 11:55:27 am »

t

You can find other stuff like this in the bind menu.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 02:14:58 am »

t

You can find other stuff like this in the bind menu.
No, the key to unequip what you are holding. I want to wrestle but I can't get my hammer/shield off

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 04:30:56 am »

I would suggest using 'p', which would let you put it somewhere. If you don't have anywhere to put it you can drop it. Now, dropping your weapon may seem silly at first but do keep in mind that you can reclaim it if you win. If you don't, you won't need it anymore.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 09:33:17 am »

just use d and drop them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 09:54:40 am »

Silly... Person.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 08:00:14 pm »

just use d and drop them.
Last time I did that the Iceman knocked me backwards off the square, picked up my axe, and cut me in half.

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 10:05:27 am »

Use "P" to put them away, then.  You might want to keep the shield, since it'll block some hits and you only need one free hand to gouge out eyes.
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 01:34:41 pm »

BEST ANSWER: FIND A FUCKING BACKPACK
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\