Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven secret police force  (Read 1339 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven secret police force
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:51:56 am »

The five dwarves met around a square table in the "slums" of New Mountainlaths security/police room. The five were talking about there recent "promotion" to there own personal police group. They had been told that they were to take commands from there new commander for what they were to do. There job. To start at the bottem of the dwarven police force and to rise and become the secret police of not just the slums of New Mountainlaths, but the secret police of the complete region, controled under a iron fist.

OOC: Yes i know it was rubbish, but im low on time at the moment. I need 5 people to join as the basic group of the dwarven police group. At the start the group is a normal police force, walking on patrol and dealing with crimes (which there are alot of in the slums). The goal is to eventualy become the inteligince/secret police force of the whole region and maybe even one day... the entire state.

The turn is two days so you need to do things for the whole day AKA eating, drinking, relazing, etc. Your turn must involve two jobs for the police and the rest can be more jobs/training/politics etc.

The game works with a few bars, more of which may be added during the game.

Health, 1-7, mental 1-7, physical (your breath etc) 1-7, and food/drink amount 1-7.

The food/drink and physical ones are used to alow for "interesting" things to happen.

TEMPLATE:

Name:
Clan name:(choices of The golden pick, The diamond spade and the platinum sow, these will alow you to enter the clans politics, joining other clans is possible and there are "elite" clans for the richer, non-slum people, but you need to meet there "level".
Profession: (Interrogater etc etc things like that you know what i mean)
Skill:(One NON-combat related skill)
Weapon Pref:(Choice of weapon, balistic weapons are in this time but there is no way someone of a slum ranking could obtain such a weapon. There are things like "pull" crossbows etc though, so use your imagination)
Bio:(background etc)
Appearance:(Looks etc)
Special item: (One only please, can have a major point in the story)

Will do a re-do if needed tomorow morning when im refreshed, untill then post your template and your first turn's (two days remember)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven secret police force
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 03:52:28 am »

Your group has no current name at the moment, maybe you should have a vote for one Comrade?

HQ site: The secret room out the back of the abandoned room.

Collective gear: The HQ gave you some basic gear, laughing as they gave it to you. You can understand why...

*5 wooden sticks with crude handels
*5 Slum police uniforms with the soon coming picture and name of your group on the shoulders.
*3 Wooden shields
*2 Wooden barrels
*A blindfold
*A pair of badly made handcuffs (escape level: Easy) with badly made key (breaking chance: High)

First Misson

Welcome to the secret side of the Slum police. This is the first thing of its kind and well.... It's not totaly legal. Ever since the Baron came to power the control of the Slums is becoming worse and worse. That's where we step in. We need to start small to show the higher "powers" that we can work well though. Our first misson is simple.

Find the fugitive known as "Cogin McPick" who has violated many laws during this time. How ever the reason WE are taking this is because it is noted that he may of joined the fugitive group known as "The Secret Hand". These idiots think it would be beter if our leaders belived in "Democracy", the thing those idiot elves are into. This part is important. THIS IS ILLEGAL. Should we be caught WE will get in trouble, not the nobles guiding us. Also secrecy is important.

Our goal is to find the fugitive, arrest them (NON offical, remember this is against the current "laws" of the current goverment), interogate them, then force them to be our "inside" man in the rebel group. That part is the most important.

The "nobels" helping us have givin us a very remote room, which looks like a normal room but realy houses a meeting room out the back. Bring the idiot into the back and have a "talk" to him. Remember there is no normal squad help, this isint alowed. The room looks likes this

#/##
      #   #####
      #8     24 4#
      ########

KEY:  #-wall /-secret door 8-bed 4-table 2-chair   

The frount room looks like any slum-low wealth house, 2 by 2 square holding a bed, table and chair. All 5 of you also have one of your own for sleeping and operations.

I would also advise you take some time to talk to your clan and see if you can get your "status" up, it could help you one day.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:27:36 pm by nuker w »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 02:00:54 pm »

Oh im in

Name: Stronginthearm
Clan name: The Black diamond
Profession: Intel officer
Skill: Literancy
Weapon Pref: Short sword
Bio:He was born into a caste of weaponsmiths and he attended a good dwarven school for reading and writing to move into the noble caste. His family had a rich life but his father had accidentally hit the baron at the forges. At dwarfen court his father was found innocent but that night masked dwarfs burst into his home. Knowing that they would die his mother wh was mighty. Threw him out into the streets. As he ran away he saw his home burnt with screams attached. In the morning as he sifted though ash he saw his mothers silver locket. Picking it up he swore that he would prove the baron guilty by whatever means needed.
Appearance: Average in most ways, has a neat, black beard. he also has a burn mark on his hand to always remind himself what happened that night.
Special item: His mothers Locket from his burnt down family house that he wears under his clothing to conseal it.

Day 1
Get up have a small breakfast and meet up with the rest of the group. after talking I will excuse myself and I will patrol the market for any thieves until lunchtime. Have lunch and then patrol until 9pm then we meet up again at my place? After meeting I go to sleep

Day 2

I wake up and do my daily routine of getting ready. we? will have a meeting? we work until lunch then we relax? If thats what will happen then while relaxing I will try to get better with my 'club' Until I need rest

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:52:04 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:29:54 pm »

Major rework, should get some more people interested. Also should let more action and interesting things to happen. If nothing happens i may close this one down and open another one with a different concept.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 05:56:38 am »

Name: Ulrick Chewclue
Clan name:Pots of Clues
Profession: Forensic detective
Skill: Forensic Science
Weapon Pref: Hammer or mace
Bio:Ulrick was one boy that always loved uncovering secrets and search for clues, he could easly find things some people just couldn't. He was also interested in police work and crimes, so he decided to join the police force as a forensic investigator
Appearance: Dwarf-sized,  that beard, brown hair etc. and muscled in the arms.
Special item: Booze, Forensic kit!

Day 1

Wake up while grumbling eat some breakfast with beer, go to library and study books about investigating the place of murder etc. A

meh screw this i kinda don't like the police idea

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:00:37 am by Jetsquirrel »
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 09:13:07 pm »

Lol necro'd.

Name: Argus Punchlobster
Clan name: The Golden Pick
Profession: Whatever you would call "one who beats people." Perhaps "Beatapist" or "Beatifier." How about "Beatist" or maybe "Beatiatrist." Perhaps a "Beater" or even "Beatiatrician."
Skill: First Aid (So he can heal you and continue to beat you some more)
Weapon Pref: Riot Baton and Shield (see special item)
Bio: From the dwarfhomes in the desert mountains of North Africa (or its equivalent region) he hails. He made his living there as a bodyguard for the mayor. He learned of a group forming in the slums and that he could achieve far more success there. The job was full of possibilities. So, he hopped on to the nearest caravan and set out for the slums.
Appearance: He looks pretty dark for a dwarf... Like he's just a black midget pretending to be a dwarf! He's got the afro-goatee combo too! I wonder if that hair would give him natural defense against blunt weapons...
Special Item: Riot baton with barbed-wire wrapped around the shaft and an ergonomic grip.

Day one: I'll be doing my rounds in and around the alleys. They're usually rife with crime, so it'll be easy pickings. I'll stay vigilant for anybody who seems important and tail/beat/capture them. If I don't see anything wrong going on, I'll just try to search the town for things that I would need, like things to augment my weapon/shield and armor or anything that interests me. Do that pretty much all day... Look for people and things. Then I'll go meet Ochita at his place, I guess. I don't exactly know why, but he might have a reason when I get there.

Day two: Meh. I'm not one for social networking. I'm going to spend today the same as I spent yesterday. But this time, I'll be a little more aggressive with it. I'll patrol the alleys again and beat up drug dealers and thugs. Bring some justice to the slums with my baton! After that, I'll go to a free clinic to get healed up if I got hurt, then chill with Ochita, or by myself.

You should just start it and add people in as time goes along... Maybe AI three characters until you get people to take them over...
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.