The Cavemen thread to be re-started with 7 new cavepeople
- 12 (41.4%)
A New Cavemen Thread to be started with a theme twist
- 11 (37.9%)
Neither of the above
- 1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Possibility of a Caveman Resurrection and/or a Similar game  (Read 2176 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile

Basically I will have more time coming up in the near future and I should be able to start work on another large Forum Game thread and would like to do something similar to the Cavemen Thread. Please state your preferances above and ask me about anything you are unsure about. Thanks!
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Possibility of a Caveman Resurrection and/or a Similar game
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 06:31:16 am »

wich cavemen game you want to ressurect? the first where we all controlled one tribe or the other where you gave tribes to a few players?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 06:35:56 am »

This thread which I believe you posted in. This is the original Caveman thread
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 07:11:13 am »

Oh I wanted to join in on that, but my thought got buried under those 'THIISSSSSSIIISSSS' posts I think, can't remember fully...

Would love to see it go again...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 07:28:33 am »

This thread which I believe you posted in. This is the original Caveman thread

yes, i was the one who chiefed walt, but at the end you twisted the game a bit, i was asking wich of these versions you wanted to ressurect

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 07:31:15 am »

The first one, i do admit that I made it hard for new members to join after the "twist". I may rekindle the spirit of this thread by creating some kind of Survival Game (think Lord of the Flies) as this would be similar. Or maybe a colonization game with Polynesians?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 08:21:06 am »

i say whatever you do make lots of maps, they are pretty and inspire posters

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 08:36:22 am »

i say whatever you do make lots of maps, they are pretty and inspire posters

Thanks ^^

I may do the Colonization Game with Polynesians

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 09:26:33 am »

yes, Polynesians sound fun, but are you planning to keep a low technological level or are you allowing us to develop all the way to steel weapons?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 10:50:26 am »

yes, Polynesians sound fun, but are you planning to keep a low technological level or are you allowing us to develop all the way to steel weapons?

The Polynesians never got as far as to make Steel

So lots of maps you say? I am no good at maps....  :-\

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 11:14:54 am »

I'll help with maps! Just give me features, and I'll draw it up.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 12:03:34 pm »

the maps could even be made in asci; just something to help players visualize their surroundings

here's an example

Spoiler: bigger (click to show/hide)
showing 4 tribesmen, a hovel, 4 spears, 2 fishes, 3 red berries, 5 yellow berries, a little farm plot, and a big boulder
i think it turned out very pretty, yours could be less beautiful, but would still work fine
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:33:41 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 01:21:03 pm »

Thank you Faden I might need that help later on. Askot what program did you use to do that drawing, not MS paint surely? I could do ascii but I would not know what Program to use again. :-/

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 01:23:59 pm »

yes, mspaint, why?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 01:26:25 pm »

Everything is very square. I doubt it could be because of Low resolution. Did you use a particular function of the Paint Program to draw this?

Pages: [1] 2