Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Things that burned your soul today  (Read 2581 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that burned your soul today
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 03:02:53 pm »

I've noticed a trend while in stores. Each person is smart on their own. People in groups are pants-on-head retarded.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 03:04:35 pm »

I've noticed a trend while in stores. Each person is smart on their own. People in groups are pants-on-head retarded.

All too true.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 03:18:35 pm »

This is a fundamental law of society. A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 03:41:13 pm »

I actually made another reply to This thread when a bullshit graph came up around page six or so. I was about to pot another one when I realized just what thread this was.

And then a few posts later they brought up furries.

God, this could be the thread that makes me lose hope in humanity. Or at least not have any qualms over the pain of specific people.

Why the hell did you link me there? I spent fifteen minutes boiling my blood, and then I exploded- Sort of.
I mean.. The arguments, the illogical arguments..

They made me cry..
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 06:36:25 pm »

I mean, I get asked "What's on sale?" and I just can't help but to respond with, "Whatever's on display."

I may have the wrong person, but don't you work at a deli? Or is it part of a large store?

Ladon wrote:I hate (most)Texans. God they are retards. Most people from Austin are alright though.

I know what you mean. I knew this guy who lived in Texas until he was five. He apparently thought this entitled him to say "Everything's bigger in Texas" with all the obvious connotation.

They seem to want to piss off everyone in the good mining game foums with this thread. The thread itself is quite horrible, but still fun to read.

At work, I had to show a particularly dumb person how to clock out. It goes as follows:
There's a big, green, accept/sign in/ok button, and a big, red, cancel/sign out/no button, and a keypad

Step one: Red button
Two: last four numbers of your code
Three: When it confirms Your Name, Green Button

It's not rocket surgery, I'm sure a 40 year old man had to clock out at another workplace before
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 07:55:40 pm »

Rocket surgery? That sounds like an awesome profession. I hope it's invented soon.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Pathos

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 08:05:10 pm »

I had to post in that thread. I had to.

Also, rocket surgery:- "Doc, can you give me a hand? I feel a bit bombed."

Pathos

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 08:42:06 pm »

Oh, man. Minecraft's "philosophy" thread has to be the almost worst. I don't know what's worse their opinions or they think this shit is philosophy.

Quote from: A.I.
3) I believe mankind has lead itself down the entire wrong path with our completely man-made concepts, like the idea that land can belong to a particular man or that different groups of people should feel pitted against each other simply because they were born to different standards. There are endless numbers of ideas that I simply find wrong (pointing out that I find the next few quotes wrong. At least, I disagree with them). "Animals are people, too, and should thusly be treated like people." "Gay = okay" (I'm actually kind of sorry for this next one.) "Retards should be treated normally because they are just normal people." I suppose those statements are just me ranting about people I feel are inferior to normal people. Many people would argue that I am a bad person for thinking this, which brings me to my next point; (Bad things follow.)

4) Ideally, I would support the idea that everyone's thoughts can and should be considered equal. Unfortunately, the state of human society leaves me hesitant to do so. I have lost a lot of faith in others, though I know not everyone is a bad or unintelligent person. I see far too many bad an unintelligent people to feel safe about it, though. Bad things follow. I need an optimistic person in here.

I think most people would consider this guy both bad and "unintelligent" (why not just use stupid?), so the irony of his post is delicious. I also have a sneaking suspicion that the people he considers bad and stupid are people that disagree with his point of view, so yeah.

(Emphasis mine)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 10:35:44 pm »

I mean, I get asked "What's on sale?" and I just can't help but to respond with, "Whatever's on display."
I may have the wrong person, but don't you work at a deli? Or is it part of a large store?
Yes, you got the right person. The deli is part of a large store. Your standard market. I'm not placing names for the sake of the company.

My customers get pretty dumb; in other cases some guys that order with their girlfriend/wife in tow either lack their balls or their smarts, making the wait for them to make up their minds for an order rather jarring (especially during the closing hour, working solo.). I pity them. Welcome to working where tourism occurs, where people let go of their intelligence, manners, and castrate their mates (at least, the case usually involve men no longer being men); but expect all providers to be geniuses. Sucks that how easily I can tell the next order, and my instinctively precise measurements along with memorizing the entire store layout thanks to another job I had there (stock pricing (updating prices and sales info)), all of a sudden I'm a human help-desk.

Sometimes things get so ridiculous, I swear I'm in a TV show. You call the genre, it tends to happen. I generally go for the sitcom level; usually around Seinfeld-grade annoyance and over-the-top reaction. I tend to get some seriously screwball people. I'll admit, I'm a bit screwball myself, but these people make me look sane by comparison. I've had complaints given about me due to their poor judgment several times. Fortunately I don't have sitcom-level employers that are gullible to "the customer is always right" to the point of the most frivilous complaint being treated like a bomb-threat. Fortunately my employers understand me well enough that given certain situations, they know the customers are trying to screw over the store. I've busted quite a few customers reheating some cold fried or rotisserie chicken on the hot-display so they have it served hot for the cold price (about a dollar cheaper at least). Provided they're called on it, I can easily snap back the "Heating the cold ones will only increase the price back to hot price. They're priced as cold for a reason.". It sometimes frightens customers when the provider isn't actually an asshat.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 10:52:57 pm »

That's quite silly. Wendys had it's fair share. My favorite was the 75 year old women who pulled up to the change window, in front of everyone else, tried to place an order, and when she was told to get in line, she told me to go fuck myself. That turned a bad day into a great one. "Have a nice day" XD
While talking to AJ:

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2010, 11:02:58 pm »

I'll admit, I'm a bit screwball myself, but these people make me look sane by comparison.

Said the person who built a semi-functional airship in Dwarf Fortress.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 11:13:14 pm »

You call the genre, it tends to happen.

Psychological Thriller?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 11:19:10 pm »

Psychological Thriller?

Hannibal, the annoying customers are served food that have been 'specially cut and discounted' for them. There are no annoying regular customers
While talking to AJ:

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2010, 11:44:48 pm »

Someone on Omegle sent me noodz today.  She was obese, and had dirty fingernails.

Next time someone offers noodz, I'm refusing outright.  I don't know why I consented to letting her send them anyway.  Burned my soul, man.  Stupid Omegle.

I did meet some cool people though, and that's cool.
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2010, 11:48:10 pm »

At first, I misread that as noodles.
Then I realised what you said...
Pages: 1 [2] 3