Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Things that burned your soul today  (Read 2575 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Things that burned your soul today
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 06:12:18 am »

I mean, I get asked "What's on sale?" and I just can't help but to respond with, "Whatever's on display."
I may have the wrong person, but don't you work at a deli? Or is it part of a large store?
Yes, you got the right person. The deli is part of a large store. Your standard market. I'm not placing names for the sake of the company.

I worked in a Deli from June 08 to August 09. It was an Atlantic Superstore Deli. I used to run out of meat/not have a particular meat in general, and people would scream at me to go look in the back for them. I would walk into the back shop door on one side, make my way around, and come out the other side (without stopping at the cooler, because I know I've got nothing) to tell them "sorry, mate, I looked, but there's nothing there, try again on Sunday when we replenish the stocks".

Also, our cart cowboys were useless (except for one, who, ironically, got fired). The carts were always scattered across the parking lot. One day, the dude didn't show up, so the manager on duty (who was relatively inexperienced and didn't realize that the deli clerk actually has a busy schedule) ordered me to go out in the rain and do his job as well as mine. It took me 5 minutes to collect all of them. The next day, the cart cowboy complained about how hard his job was, and I lolled.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Things that burned your soul today
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 05:36:45 pm »

Cart duty isn't hard per se, no. Its just tedious, tiring and sorta dangerous to themselves and customer property. I've gotten close to being hit a few times from cars backing out, and chasing after run away carts before they hit a customer car.

I was happy that I was sales bitch even though I classified my work as harder.

It was also fun to get called to do the front, as employee would meet up with their friends and we would collect carts together, treat it as a semi social break.

The worse experience I ever had collecting carts was during a sleet storm around midnight. Cold windy, slick and wet, in all the unfun ways. I slipped on a piece of ice, and had a cart almost land on top of me.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 2 [3]