Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Things that burned your soul today  (Read 2578 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Things that burned your soul today
« on: May 08, 2010, 11:54:02 pm »

Installing windows 7 upgrade. We need a "Things that burn your soul thread".

At semi-request, I present to you:
The Things That Burned Your SOUL Today thread.
Yeah, this'll probably fail horribly, but whatever.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Things that burned your soul today
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:55:55 pm »

Seeing another "things that blah blahed you today." thread pop up.
My face of discontent
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 12:21:23 am »

Yeah, right now unnecessary threads are about the only thing.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 12:33:25 am »

Things that burned my soul?

Customers who complain about something that isn't really a problem.

What do you mean that this is the price of this?!

I'm sorry sir but I don't control the prices.

Well that is to DAMN expensive!

Sorry sir but I can't do anything, if you want your food that is what you have to pay.

I'm not paying that!

*Goes to put food away*

What are you doing!

You said you didn't want to pay

I still want the food, I'm unsatisfied with my service and you guys owe me

*blinks in disbelief before continuing what I was doing because a manager has finally appeared to shut the guy up*
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 12:56:18 am »

Oh man, if he were a regular, I'd consider going to your restaurant and paying the crazy outrageous prices just so I could watch.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 03:00:59 am »

Customers say the craziest things.

Like 'I'm never going to shop here again!', and there they are the next day shopping.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 03:12:03 am »

About that, I was in a BestBuy once and this guy was complaining about how Sony makes the worst televisions.
You know what he buys?
A giant Sony plasma screen.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 07:22:06 am »

What, you mean you guys have never heard people who complain about Windows being bad then rush to buy the latest version? Then they go all "Linux is wonderful, it can do everything in the world, but be careful when you do ____ in it, because it can damage your hard drive."
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 12:01:41 pm »

Gotta love customers. They're not the brightest of species. In the store I work at, we have almost everything in blatantly large font size and in relatively open spots. Only one catch, you have to actually read them. ..Yeah.

I mean, I get asked "What's on sale?" and I just can't help but to respond with, "Whatever's on display." They ask again, and I repeat until they get what I mean. I may be insulting my customers, but like above stated, they'll be insulted and claim to not shop again, but they'll be back.

Another problem with my customers is also the fact that they don't look up. The aisle markers and everything are clear as day, even I can read them from across the store with my crappy vision (I'm asked about where bread is, and the sign is right in my field of vision, and the most obvious thing to spot). It makes me wonder if these people were ever in a horror movie, would they ever survive? My concern has actually made me spend a few hours seeing if it would be possible to make a rigged (sur)reality TV show that works like a horror movie or something. You know, see if anyone is actually genre savvy movie watchers, or they're into horror flicks for the gorn.

BTW, I give this thread a week before it collapses unto itself like all it's synonymous others.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:04:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 12:07:35 pm »

I actually made another reply to This thread when a bullshit graph came up around page six or so. I was about to pot another one when I realized just what thread this was.

And then a few posts later they brought up furries.

God, this could be the thread that makes me lose hope in humanity. Or at least not have any qualms over the pain of specific people.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 12:08:24 pm »

The thread implodes.
The thread has been struck down!
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 12:09:58 pm »

God, this could be the thread that makes me lose hope in humanity. Or at least not have any qualms over the pain of specific people.
Well, you beat me. I gave up on humanity eons ago.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 01:19:24 pm »

The thread implodes.
The thread has been struck down!
The thread 2 is hit by the flying !!thread topic!!
It is mangled!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 01:57:30 pm »

While we're talking about customers, in my store they have the tendency to open the boxes for lamps to take a look at them and then put them back in the box... In the most illogical and awkward position possible, making the boxes bulge in all directions and impossible to close. If you're lucky that is. I can't count the times I've found a completely gutted and disemboweld box lying somewhere with parts of the lamp spread accross the nearby shelfs. It's like they're trying to make it look as gruesome (to a lamp manufacteror) as possible... And then there are the cases when you find the box, but not it's contents...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:01:06 pm by Virex »

Pathos

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 02:07:37 pm »

I actually made another reply to This thread when a bullshit graph came up around page six or so. I was about to pot another one when I realized just what thread this was.

And then a few posts later they brought up furries.

Is this trolling or...? This is one of the few times I've looked at a thread and not known within the first page whether they're taking the piss or not.

Are there people this stupid who think they're clever? I mean, I've met stupid people who've thought they're clever, and I've met stupid people who've bragged about being / pretend to be clever, but I've never seen it to an extent as demonstrated by THAT thread. Especially since they're insulting people for not being smart.
Pages: [1] 2 3