Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69

Author Topic: Elemental - War of Magic  (Read 85375 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental - War of Magic
« Reply #990 on: September 09, 2012, 01:59:15 pm »

Maliciously? She deleted her account. It had shit on it that he probably should have had copies of but didn't. Waah. It's not like she went into their servers and rm -rf /

According to others in the office, she actually coordinated with others so that they could find all of the files and work she was responsible for. Also, the fact that he spoke publicly about the case in such a casual manner will not be looked on kindly by the court, or any jury that may be involved. I sincerely believe this to be the death-blow to a substandard company. I wish the employees the best of luck and hope other game companies reach out the way that it was done with 38 Studios.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 09, 2012, 03:43:51 pm »

And he's digging himself even deeper. I think I've heard it time and time again, if you're in a court case, you prolly shouldn't talk about it outside court, on the off chance that what you write or say is brought up in court. I'm also guessing that calling the lawsuit you are about to show up to as frivolous is not a good idea, especially when the other party cites laws that are in place.

Not only has he continued to obnoxiously talk about the "frivolous lawsuit" amongst his cronies on the Stardock forums, but he's even gotten them to harp on about "armchair lawyers" who point out this well-known fact. I'm guessing this is the sort of client that gives Truean migraines.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 09, 2012, 08:38:29 pm »

On the bright side, Brad's attorney is probably (hopefully) milking him dry.  I hope they're collecting fees in advance!

Then again, he might have just forced the corporate counsel for Stardock to handle the case (in which case, pity that poor legal department, who not only have to deal with Brad, but also face a classic conflict-of-interest [the interests of Stardock and Brad very well might differ, but by representing both, the counsel is conflicted], and they get no benefit from this whole fiasco [corporate counsel is paid salary, they get paid the same whether they do nothing or whether they have to deal with stuff like this]).

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 29, 2012, 01:00:11 am »

In other news, I've played 12 hours of Fallen Enchantress so far and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  Kinda weirdly hoped it'd be shite, but the game's actually pretty neat, even if the pacing is a little weird.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #994 on: October 29, 2012, 05:14:50 am »

In other news, I've played 12 hours of Fallen Enchantress so far and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  Kinda weirdly hoped it'd be shite, but the game's actually pretty neat, even if the pacing is a little weird.
So it's better than WoM then?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 29, 2012, 06:03:12 am »

Is that surprising? They'd have to try really really hard to make it worse.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #996 on: October 29, 2012, 06:17:41 am »

True. I suppose I'm asking if it is significantly better? Worth a $40 investment?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 29, 2012, 09:04:39 am »

True. I suppose I'm asking if it is significantly better? Worth a $40 investment?

17 hours now and I'm happy with my purchase.  The main thing that puzzled me earlier was a lack of interaction from the AI, but that changed a lot once I hit mid game.  It actually manages to shift from making you clash with the environment to having to deal with other empires pretty smoothly.  The tactical battles are a bit weak at the start, but actually require some form of tactics once you get a little further in.  I'm honestly not sure what's changed so much since the beta, but the game feels like it has soul now.  Brad's still a douche though, so I'm gonna have to assume Kael's responsible for a lot of the improvements over WoM.  MoM 2 it ain't, but I'm likely to rack up a good hundred hours in this one.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:51 am »

wait you paid for this ? i got a email from brad saying i got it for free :P im still double minded if its worth the disk space WoM was such a dissapointment
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 29, 2012, 09:30:25 am »

wait you paid for this ? i got a email from brad saying i got it for free :P im still double minded if its worth the disk space WoM was such a dissapointment

I'd deffinitly reccomend giving it a shot, a lot of tweaks from the previous game. You've got to hand it to Stardock, at least they admited WoM sucked.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 29, 2012, 09:33:12 am »

I'd deffinitly reccomend giving it a shot, a lot of tweaks from the previous game. You've got to hand it to Stardock, at least they admited WoM sucked.

hmm is multiplayer finally working so i can play with a mate ? and how many tweeks ? whats the scope on how much it has improved and whats new?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 29, 2012, 11:09:37 am »

Glad to hear this is decent. I'll have to actually download it and try it out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 29, 2012, 12:34:52 pm »

My one gripe is that I'm pretty sure there's no mechanism to prevent spamming outposts, which the AI does. It kinda ruins the savage wilderness vibe for me a bit, but I guess it's just because I'm used to thing in my boarder being mine and mine alone (thanks to Civ).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 29, 2012, 12:49:34 pm »

So, 1000 posts later, the game is ok. Good to know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 29, 2012, 01:07:10 pm »

hmm is multiplayer finally working so i can play with a mate ? and how many tweeks ? whats the scope on how much it has improved and whats new?

Welll, ummmmmm. Multiplayer got canned. theres a possibility of future relase, but as of right now, nope.
As for the tweeks and changes, it's really hard to list or explain for me, I'm not really good at that. Best to test it yourself I would say, unless you were only in it for the multiplayer...
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69