Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 69

Author Topic: Elemental - War of Magic  (Read 85365 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental - War of Magic
« Reply #975 on: September 07, 2012, 12:21:03 am »

Wow.  Just wow.

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 07, 2012, 12:31:25 am »

Wow.  Just wow.

He really seems to believe he's in the right and that a jury will agree with him.

Damages will not be pretty.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 07, 2012, 01:51:43 am »

If anything, the marketing went a LITTLE too well. A lot of people bought that shitty game.

I was in the crowd lining up for a preorder. Luckily bay12 exists.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #978 on: September 07, 2012, 05:14:54 am »

I'm just happy I got my refund for the game before they halted all refunds.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 07, 2012, 06:11:49 am »

I just never pre-ordered it. I thought GalCiv II was a terrible game, and the fact that Stardock thought it was great, and most of the reviewers thought it was great, gave me every reason to be skeptical of optimistic and overly-enthusiastic press about Elemental and how amazing and genre-defining it was going to be.

I wasn't terribly surprised when it turned out to be incredibly bad.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 07, 2012, 07:38:23 am »

I was following this very closely until more and more videos of it appeared. The game looked really bland and I'm not just talking about the graphics. Something didn't feel right. Still, I foolishly bought the game because I thought the company was a great change for the industry. Gamer's Bill of Rights and stuff.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 07, 2012, 08:04:02 am »

Will never buy anything from Stardock, ever.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 07, 2012, 08:06:21 am »

I am done with Stardock and Brad. He has personally insulted his customer base repeatedly with horrendous business practices, outright lies and a complete lack of morality in general. The evidence certainly point to the fact that he is also guilty of a pattern of malicious harassment at his company which may also have cause the massive decline in quality.

This is a case in how not to act.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 07, 2012, 09:47:47 am »

Do free things count, though? Because as much as Stardock is being bad here, Fences is a pretty awesome program.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #984 on: September 07, 2012, 09:51:07 am »

Do free things count, though? Because as much as Stardock is being bad here, Fences is a pretty awesome program.
Gotta agree, I do love the Fences. Tiles isn't bad either... it lets you save groups of programs on virtual 'desktops' which you can swap between easily.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 07, 2012, 10:12:56 am »

Depends. Do you want to support the tyranny of nipple-based job assignments? :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 09, 2012, 10:23:51 am »

Ok, I'm going to respond here since I'm being directly accused of something.

The incident that started this happened back in 2010. Myself, Alexandra, and a few others were at a pub while waiting to go to the Qt3 dinner that Lloyd case had set up.

While there, Alexandra got teased and got mad. At the time, i didn't realize she was so upset about it. So we went to the Qt3 get together (that some here may have even been at) and that.

She later emailed me telling me she was mad about the incident - to which I apologized for hurting her feeligs but also insisted that I watch what jokes I tell around the office. (To understand the context, we're a relaxed software company, lots of Family guy jokes, Simpsons references, Robot Chicken references, etc.). To which I responded, admittedly, very very harshly to.

Now, you can argue that I was a jerk in how I responded to her. But it does not justify her getting pissed off, quitting without notice and using her network access to wipe out our marketing assets 3 weeks before the ship of the game forcing me and a few other key team members to scramble at the last second to deal with it.

In addition, I would ask those who are so quick to condemn me personally to ask themselves this - what impact do you think it would have on your team if a key person quit, wiped out a bunch of stuff and made a bunch of legal theats? Think of the effect it would have around the office.

NO one has suggested that if she hadn't done this that Elemental would have been a great game. But there is a huge gulf between having a "great game" and a "total disaster". The ultimate blame for the game's failure lies with me for reasons I've stated countless times. But that doesn't excuse someone from maliciously and intentionally wiping out years worth of marketing data, assets, etc.

And the charge that this is "retaliatory" is ridiculous and, frankly, offensive to not just me but virtually everyone here at Stardock - who I can assure you are at least as pissed off as I was about what she did.

The only thing that has recently changed is that our case against her got moved to federal court and that we have continued our position of not settling her frivolous case.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 09, 2012, 11:58:17 am »

This seems all very childish. He did this but she did that but he started but she was the first etc

the issues of termination and harassment are indeed connected, but have to be treated separatedly and independently.

Two wrongs doesn't make one right.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 09, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »

And he's digging himself even deeper. I think I've heard it time and time again, if you're in a court case, you prolly shouldn't talk about it outside court, on the off chance that what you write or say is brought up in court. I'm also guessing that calling the lawsuit you are about to show up to as frivolous is not a good idea, especially when the other party cites laws that are in place.

It's kinda obvious that this is a PR nightmare for Stardock at the moment, so even if they win the case, they'll come off as so much worse for it. (And in not settling the case, they'll likely pay the plaintiff's legal fees should she win, so that's not very smart either.)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 09, 2012, 01:40:00 pm »

Maliciously? She deleted her account. It had shit on it that he probably should have had copies of but didn't. Waah. It's not like she went into their servers and rm -rf /
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 69