Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: She was beautiful  (Read 3620 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: She was beautiful
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 11:28:34 pm »

LoadingReadyRun?

Ah well, I found another site.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 11:36:52 pm »

You can save money hellaciously by building your own computer. Don't get preassembled ones.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 11:41:36 pm »

I'm not so sure, but then again I know nothing about computers.

Gamer Extreme 937i Desktop PC - Intel Core i5-750 2.66GHz, 4GB DDR3, 1TB SATA II, DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce GTS250 1GB, 700W PSU, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - $879

Is that a good price?

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 12:21:32 am »

If your not too in the know about computer building and such,you might want to look at some pre-assembled ones,from ibuypower or something.Had some buddies a few years back that tried building their own computers,one  succeeded and the other broke or mishandled critical components twice,think he was able to return the parts,though.

I'll be honest,i don't require much out of my computer except a browser and some encryption.Any knowledge i have on building one is gleamed second-hand from internet and friends.
It sounds fairly simple,but one mess-up can screw it all over.

That computer your looking at in your post above,sounds pretty decent,maybe you want something more powerful a few years ahead though.Still,PC prices are doing nothing but dropping.I would say it's a good price,for what you are getting.I would find it hard to believe you could buy all the parts individually,ship them,and build them into the same thing for 879$

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 05:31:41 am »

I think I'll go for that one and modify it as time goes on. Thanks for the help.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 11:43:17 pm »

I know it's not everything, but 2.8Ghz is only a medium processing power. My current computer is a 2.4 and it's less than satisfactory for today's newer games. I'd honestly go for a 3.2, then go up from there

But I'm rusty on all this now. Sorry, it's a shame they don't ship down there. I have no idea if there are companies that work as independent hubs or not, but that'd be nice. Still worth browsing.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 06:22:40 pm »

Damn, that's a lot to put into a computer, that'll be more than my Honda Rebel I'm getting that I'll never shut up about.

Please tell me you will not put a spoiler on it or make it look like a Micro Machine.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 01:01:32 am »

Probably not, the cycle will be for ME, not for everyone else to think I'm cool. Mind you I'm not into the whole Harley thing, and am by not means a law-breaking belligerent tough guy, so those kinds of thing will not apply.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 12:34:18 am »

Okay, If you're starting with nothing, you're going to need:

• a case to put it all in. This will likely include a power supply but if it doesn't you need that too.

Hmm.. If I am not misstaken, you COULD build a computer without a case, a wooden board or something could be hung onto your wall or something and just put everything on that instead.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 02:08:48 pm »

Okay, If you're starting with nothing, you're going to need:

• a case to put it all in. This will likely include a power supply but if it doesn't you need that too.

Hmm.. If I am not misstaken, you COULD build a computer without a case, a wooden board or something could be hung onto your wall or something and just put everything on that instead.

I've always wanted to build a computer which would hang freely under the ceiling of my room. I'd need to buy quite a few custom-length cables and such and there would probably be dust issues, but it would be deadly cool :)
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 11:30:06 am »

Just sorta strew all the components on the ceiling.

that would be totally awesome.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 11:36:45 am »

Probably makes for nice cooling too, and keeps you warm in the winter.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

White Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Puppeh? (also stabs)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 10:22:34 pm »

Alternatively, Have each part on the wall in a different room of your house.

Imagine how much time you could save if you had to walk into the kitchen to changes disks!
HUNGRY PROGRAMMER NEEDS BANDWIDTH. FOOD UNIMPORTANT.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 06:30:50 pm »

Psh, thats what external cd drives with cables are for.

Macs, namely.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 05:01:23 am »

Psh, thats what external cd drives with cables are for.

Macs, namely.

Some people prefer non-homosexual personal computers.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.
Pages: 1 [2] 3