Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Console  (Read 10295 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Console
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2010, 06:28:20 pm »

Well, if there's more than coding virus & software-defense.. it would be awesome to code turrets, robots, production facilities..
Coding security systems, connecting some monitors to a console which is connected to security cameras.

Coding a code to alter the game's code that will alter the ingame code to end the game in nuclear devastation.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2010, 07:29:13 pm »

Coding a code to alter the game's code that will alter the ingame code to end the game in nuclear devastation.

Umm... okay. :D
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2010, 03:47:44 am »

Is this still online? I'd love to give a look.
I know something about programming, and this looks cool :]

I can put it online, but you have to be on the closed testers list to be able to log in.
The forum is @ http://console.androiddata.net and you can register w/ your BYOND key.

http://console.androiddata.net/index.php/topic,1814.0.html
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:49:24 am by Data »

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2010, 07:21:36 pm »

Im in! Locked in a hallway though. I found a plant (nothing hidden in the pot) a garbage can (empty) a job offer (beyond my ability so far but seems simple enough) a bunch of people's locked doors and a bookshelf full of tutorials (and a password entry box!) How do I find some equipment to experiment with?

Maybe I should try Excode and brute-force the bookshelf? (If it can even be connected to something.)
Theres also a microphoneby the bookshelf, but it doesnt seem to be connected to anything.

Suggestions?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2010, 07:23:03 pm »

...someone probably stole all the library computers.
Try to be online when Data is, or otherwise your stuck. You could PM him too.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2010, 10:14:17 pm »

Well, i have a cosy little terminal now, and the basics required to use it. Thanks!

More questions:

Anyone have any idea what the "secret" mentioned in the MOTD is?
What ways are there to get money (just the job-of-the-week?) and how do you see it?
Where can I see a catalogue of the things Data has on the open market?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2010, 10:23:15 pm »

1.) No. No idea.
2.) None...oh wait, suggest hardware to data, and make icons for it. Convince Data to implement it in the game. Then sell it.
3.) Nothing is really on sale at the moment. You should convince Data to rebuild the public library of computers though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2010, 01:43:42 am »

The new ones really weird. I can't 'make' files and when I operate I get no response from my laptop.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2010, 04:56:11 pm »

Games pretty fun, but I really want to learn how to doorhack, but you can't insert disks into doors now  :-\

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2010, 05:38:26 pm »

I just sent in 2 invention ideas! One would be a cool toy with a few practical uses (more interesting physical security, transportation) and the other will enable a software trade to start up.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2010, 10:22:44 pm »

Nevermind. He's apparently just 'borrowing' elements from Futurama.
Which is still meh.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2010, 10:37:48 pm »

The mobs will now be based on Fry from Futurama.
Who else wishes to revolt?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2010, 10:43:00 pm »

That was Levain's.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2010, 10:46:30 pm »

That was Levain's.

Levian's mob. Soon coming to console!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2010, 10:55:27 pm »

I think he means the CURRENT mob. So if thats "based" we have nothing to fear. (except the BS12/GS13 monopoly [biopoly?] on awesome BYOND space games)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12