Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Console  (Read 10290 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: Console
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2010, 01:07:22 am »

Slavehack. It's very... trollhappy.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2010, 01:11:55 am »

Slavehack is what it was called.

And no, no ways into places other than guessing the door password, or using the teleporter that steals all your items a quarter of the time, thanks to Data.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2010, 01:26:48 am »

You cannot hack the doors? Or send one of their computers a program to send information back? Or cut power off allowing the crowbar opening of doorS?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2010, 01:32:17 am »

The game doesn't have power. I destroyed all the power generators the first day we got on...

And hacking a door is impossibly hard...the password could be anything.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2010, 02:56:09 am »

No I meant sending a code into the door to hack it.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2010, 02:57:20 am »

No I meant sending a code into the door to hack it.
Which is only possible from INSIDE the room the door is guarding

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2010, 03:19:34 am »

Wait, what's keeping the lights on if you wrecked all the generators?
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2010, 03:40:31 am »

Weird I thought cajoles said there was a wireless device you could use.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2010, 04:54:36 am »

Well Miniloz. There is /a/ wireless device, but it's in the storage room and for some reason hooked to only one of the doors, incidentially, the auto-closing feature on the other door doesn't work.

There's just no standardization whatsoever in this convuluted mess.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2010, 05:14:02 am »

Well Miniloz. There is /a/ wireless device, but it's in the storage room and for some reason hooked to only one of the doors, incidentially, the auto-closing feature on the other door doesn't work.

There's just no standardization whatsoever in this convuluted mess.

the corp hq has a standardzation

Wireless is just REALLY bugged. it can't go outisde its own network therefor makeing it quite useless
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2010, 07:23:53 am »

Sorry for the late response, but I simply don't know what to turn console into.

Allowing people to teleport everywhere is just going to make people mad because some don't have teleporters. Preventing people from doing so gets the ones who do have teleporters worked up because there's nothing to do apart from dicking around.

There needs to be more to do, and frankly I haven't had many ideas yet. If you guys know of anything that would help turn this into an actual game that would be great. All I can think of is the easiest idea which is to turn it into a role-playing game like SS13/Cowed :P but I have no idea if you guys even like the prospect of such an idea.

If there's anybody still left alive, perhaps you could inspire me? :(

Ideas for console so far:
- Implementing a HUD-based inventory system (like SS13, with slots you can equip clothes to)
- Getting a newer/better base mob and clothes for it. I'll need assistance with this, but I already have the mob, just not the clothes.
- More "sub levels" for the underground base and the ability to traverse them using ladders and elevators. Maybe being able to use wiring to go through them.
- Rougher control over the environment. Destruction of walls, manipulation/destruction of doors, etc.
- Materials Transfer being a player-controlled company, can only produce so much and uses "credits" to buy equipment. Gold->credits so you can make a profit and continue existing.
- Every player should start out with a select amount of gold.
- Possibility for the creation of GUI's in Excode. Start with simple GUI's, move onto more complex GUI's. This should be reasonably easy to implement, by the way.
- Basic environment system with air and radiation (though not advanced means of pumping them; on an area basis so it doesn't lag like heck).
- A better trigger system which can be used to trigger all sorts of things. e.x., buttons that can be placed on walls that send their press to a computer, pressure-sensitive tiles & tables, motion sensitive sensors.
- With the above maybe lethal systems such as turrets. Such scenarios such as a motion sensitive sensor activating a turret causing it to shoot at the last known location the player was on.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:41:03 am by Data »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2010, 03:09:27 pm »

Make doors hackable (yet still requiring skill) would make the game twice as good.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2010, 05:21:07 pm »

First of all, I would like to apologize for requesting a beta testing account and only using it for an hour.  :-\

I think a cool game idea for console could be:

You are trapped In a government built complex whose goal is social experimentation (sort of cubish). Your goal would be to learn the secrets of and escape said complex.

Doors would have to be hacked, data would have to be decrypted and flamethrowers traps would have to be disarmed (exploding computers would have to be avoided).

Gameplay Ideas:

Teleporters would become tile based immovable objects, that would require exact addresses (probably unique strings) that would lead to other teleporters. These strings would be randomized daily/hourly on harder doors.

Traps: deadly, item destroying, funny or otherwise.

Hackable doors: connected to a nearby console, or through a network.

Loudspeakers: for the atmosphere and for Agents (see below) to screw around with escapers

There could be "Agents" as well, whose goal would be to hinders/stop the progress of players.
 They would reprogram doors to make them harder and try to infiltrate groups of escaping people.
 Agents could get guns that could kill people and the survivors would steal off of the corpse (assuming that they aren't discrete enough; using on future suspected "agents".
 Agents could whisper to someone but appear to be talking to everyone
 Agents could chat to everyone but a selected person
 Agents could change their name at any time, this would prevent someone that they isolated and killed from screaming "So and So killed me, he's an agent"
 Agents would reactivate traps
 Escapees could become/ opt to become agents when they finally manage to "escape" by *unknown plot devices

So basically you have the escapers who's purpose is to survive while probing through the complex, and agents, whose entire goal is to Grief the players.

If you like the general idea I could help you flesh it out more

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 05:26:32 pm by nichaey »
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2010, 06:03:34 pm »

Is this still online? I'd love to give a look.
I know something about programming, and this looks cool :]
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2010, 06:15:34 pm »

Yeh this would be worthy of an MMO if you had an easy way to learn the code ingame. I love the idea of people constantly coding walls and viruses to attack each other.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12