Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Console  (Read 10304 times)

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
Re: Console
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2010, 02:40:52 pm »

Quote from: Zog
Zog jornal:

Zog spend many moons in bright cave now. Zog not understand why fancy dressed git take Zog from tribe and force Zog to placate one-eyed-deamon-box. Zog only want go home. :(

Zog learn how to placate magic cave spirits today, zog can now hide in bright cave. Zog not trust other cave dwellers.  ???

Zog try eating plants, but they hard to chew and taste foul. Zog wish he brought seeds.  :-[

Zog notice bright cave lands all messy. With many dead deamon-boxes and inedible vines spread all over. Zog sympathise with other cave dwellers frustrations, but rather Zog not get involved.  >:(

Zog try placating one-eyed deamon today. No success. Zog think it truly bizarre and alien.  >:(

Zog try eating plant again. No success. Zog eat quarterly accounting report instead.  :-[

Zog miss blue hided tribe. Zog miss forest tribe. Black hide tribe scare Zog. :(

Zog brave cavern again. Less mess in big wiseman cave. Zog go back to blue tribe and sleep under silent deamon box.

So after trying to eat several computers, you gave up? XD
Well, tried eating the plastic plants on the desks actually. The computers are okay, but I only know the very basics of using them. Can't do the infrastructure.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2010, 04:24:48 pm »

Quote from: Zog
Zog jornal:

Zog spend many moons in bright cave now. Zog not understand why fancy dressed git take Zog from tribe and force Zog to placate one-eyed-deamon-box. Zog only want go home. :(

Zog learn how to placate magic cave spirits today, zog can now hide in bright cave. Zog not trust other cave dwellers.  ???

Zog try eating plants, but they hard to chew and taste foul. Zog wish he brought seeds.  :-[

Zog notice bright cave lands all messy. With many dead deamon-boxes and inedible vines spread all over. Zog sympathise with other cave dwellers frustrations, but rather Zog not get involved.  >:(

Zog try placating one-eyed deamon today. No success. Zog think it truly bizarre and alien.  >:(

Zog try eating plant again. No success. Zog eat quarterly accounting report instead.  :-[

Zog miss blue hided tribe. Zog miss forest tribe. Black hide tribe scare Zog. :(

Zog brave cavern again. Less mess in big wiseman cave. Zog go back to blue tribe and sleep under silent deamon box.

So after trying to eat several computers, you gave up? XD
Well, tried eating the plastic plants on the desks actually. The computers are okay, but I only know the very basics of using them. Can't do the infrastructure.

Hmm, eating plastic plants...im interested. XD

Maybe if someone tutors me on it, I might join. Otherwise, I cant code/hack anything, which is mostly the point of the game. Its like going fishing with your hands with no bait.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2010, 05:18:04 pm »

If someone would just post a link to the code this game uses   :(

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2010, 05:23:50 pm »

Console is closed-source.  If you mean Excode (the in-game code), there are a couple threads on it on the console forum.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2010, 05:14:35 pm »

A PM conversation with Data:

Was something about my application inadiquate? Tell me how to fix it please! I really want to try this game. It sounds awesome and I would like to be a part of it. I can report game bugs!
Sorry if you aren\'t talking to me because I participate on the Bay12 fourms.
Pleeeeease?

Oh, it's not that you're part of Bay12. I don't have a feud with the entire Bay12 community; I did have one with the part that made Dwarfed, but I hope that has since been resolved.

The reason I'm ignoring your application as well as any others that may have popped up in that forum is because the server tends to get very, very inactive. console is hardly getting anybody to play, despite having a list with ~30 testers on it I've not seen a single one of them logged on the server recently.

Which is why I turned my head and began to focus on Cowed, leaving console on a hiatus for a while. And since that is the case, I don't need new testers and I'm too lazy to add people anyway. :P

What do I do now?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2010, 05:34:28 pm »

Go find another game, I have only ever seen Cajoles on there and he knows even less code then me.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2010, 12:48:58 am »

"I didn't accept new applicants because nobody is active in the server".

It makes sense, actually. It's like how sometimes I don't eat because I'm hungry.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2010, 02:17:04 am »

This game sounds cool, but with all the apparent drama and such, I'll keep a careful distance for now.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2010, 09:34:41 am »

The problem is that it isn't a game more like a irc chat for coders with avatars.

Their is no economy because everyone just codes their own shit etc.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2010, 04:57:42 pm »

that's why you have to make a virus and start a war  :P

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2010, 07:10:54 pm »

I told Data by PM that the more testers approved at once (in a publicised event), the better the first game. The better the first game, the more stay. The more stay, the likelyer inactive testers become active again. Console servers should be self-supporting above a certain "critical mass".

By the way -- "CriticalMass" sounds like a cool name for an attack program in a corp. war!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2010, 10:10:23 pm »

PFFFFFT.

There will be no "corp. war". If you teleport into other corps, Data breaks your teleporter.
Therefore, there is no feasible way to get into other corps.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2010, 10:33:50 pm »

Is there a game like this but single player?
hacking games have peaked my intrest currently.
Uplink:Hacker Elite is the only one I can think of.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2010, 10:58:51 pm »

there are no vents? No doors? The only entrance is the teleporter?

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2010, 01:03:49 am »

Is there a game like this but single player?
hacking games have peaked my intrest currently.
Uplink:Hacker Elite is the only one I can think of.
There's a MMO-browser game, supposedly based on Uplink, there was a thread a couple months ago. Personally, I tried both and didn't particularly care for either...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12