Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Console  (Read 10323 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Console
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2010, 04:56:47 pm »

Because the guy currently running it is an egotistical self-centred control freak! You see how he reacted to dwarfed?
Eh?
Eh!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2010, 05:10:07 pm »

Because the guy currently running it is an egotistical self-centred control freak! You see how he reacted to dwarfed?

Starting fights is fun? =/

::)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2010, 07:52:18 pm »

Because the guy currently running it is an egotistical self-centred control freak!

And that's typically how others - especially communities such as this one - perceive me. And yet, you're the ones that want to take control by whichever means possible.

Can the flaming stop now? You've already shown to me that this community isn't any better than the SA community with the lack of respect you show towards me. I may have overreacted, but you certainly didn't help to calm it down.

I've unlocked the forum to guests. Originally I had the console forum locked to increase the odds that someone who had just registered would go through the next step of making a post, but now it's become unnecessary.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2010, 01:22:25 pm »

Anyone know a good source of code to study for this game? No one is ever on to teach me.

And data, I can assure you we are not as bad as SA.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2010, 03:56:33 pm »

You've already shown to me that this community isn't any better than the SA community with the lack of respect you show towards me. I may have overreacted, but you certainly didn't help to calm it down.

Mmmm yeah. Were this SA, you would have been given a reply in the form of a goatse pic with STFU photo shopped across it, and maybe a bot attack.

Comparing your treatment here to SA is itself an overreaction, hyperbole, whatever. The people around here can be punchy, and are steeped in nerd lore and opinions...but we all are. And the B12 community is way more open to discussion than most. I'm gobsmacked daily by the grammar and spelling of most B12ers alone.

So yeah....chillax. Besides, this particular topic draws the ***hole out of everyone.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2010, 05:07:51 pm »

gobsmacked daily by the grammar and spelling of most B12ers alone.
And the funny thing is, quite a lot of them speak English as a second language.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2010, 08:04:42 pm »

Because the guy currently running it is an egotistical self-centred control freak!

And that's typically how others - especially communities such as this one - perceive me. And yet, you're the ones that want to take control by whichever means possible.

Can the flaming stop now? You've already shown to me that this community isn't any better than the SA community with the lack of respect you show towards me. I may have overreacted, but you certainly didn't help to calm it down.

I've unlocked the forum to guests. Originally I had the console forum locked to increase the odds that someone who had just registered would go through the next step of making a post, but now it's become unnecessary.

Behave differently. Change that perception. It's in your hands. Yes, the goons can be douchebags, but they have their reasons. Your reactions don't help. Compared to some other reactions to you, I believe that Bay12 has had one of the milder ones. I like the things you churn out. It's just the man behind them that can bother me sometimes.

Anyway, peace out.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2010, 08:37:28 pm »

I sent in an application. I also appoligised for the BS12/Dwarved flaming. The guy may sometimes overreact, may even pull a banhammer on you, but anyone who can keep updating and improving a network game like that, and maintain other games is a genius, and entitled to ecentricities.

Maybe an evil genius but... 8)

Tolerence! (At least to people with such codeing skills and an Internet connection.) <Puts on tinfoil hat>

How do I join the Bay12 corp when I'm in?

EDIT: I saw a "Geothermic Microsolutions" was on the Console fourms recently. That you Quinnr?

EDIT EDIT: Oh. Its a group...
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Aha! Head AND QuinnR moderate it! I have found one of the many Mountainhome cover organizations no doubt!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:43:07 pm by Matz05 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2010, 09:04:35 pm »

can someone with coding exp please come on, like, now and give me a few pointers? Or a link to a good place to learn? (deeming that this is actual code)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2010, 12:59:31 am »

So what's the status on this?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2010, 01:41:02 am »

Beside my current likes of Data, due to other un-related incidents, i like the look of this game. Sadly i have no access to this, so i will just have to wait to try it.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2010, 02:01:56 am »

Quote from: Zog
Zog jornal:

Zog spend many moons in bright cave now. Zog not understand why fancy dressed git take Zog from tribe and force Zog to placate one-eyed-deamon-box. Zog only want go home. :(

Zog learn how to placate magic cave spirits today, zog can now hide in bright cave. Zog not trust other cave dwellers.  ???

Zog try eating plants, but they hard to chew and taste foul. Zog wish he brought seeds.  :-[

Zog notice bright cave lands all messy. With many dead deamon-boxes and inedible vines spread all over. Zog sympathise with other cave dwellers frustrations, but rather Zog not get involved.  >:(

Zog try placating one-eyed deamon today. No success. Zog think it truly bizarre and alien.  >:(

Zog try eating plant again. No success. Zog eat quarterly accounting report instead.  :-[

Zog miss blue hided tribe. Zog miss forest tribe. Black hide tribe scare Zog. :(

Zog brave cavern again. Less mess in big wiseman cave. Zog go back to blue tribe and sleep under silent deamon box.

Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2010, 06:11:32 am »

Quote from: Zog
Zog jornal:

Zog spend many moons in bright cave now. Zog not understand why fancy dressed git take Zog from tribe and force Zog to placate one-eyed-deamon-box. Zog only want go home. :(

Zog learn how to placate magic cave spirits today, zog can now hide in bright cave. Zog not trust other cave dwellers.  ???

Zog try eating plants, but they hard to chew and taste foul. Zog wish he brought seeds.  :-[

Zog notice bright cave lands all messy. With many dead deamon-boxes and inedible vines spread all over. Zog sympathise with other cave dwellers frustrations, but rather Zog not get involved.  >:(

Zog try placating one-eyed deamon today. No success. Zog think it truly bizarre and alien.  >:(

Zog try eating plant again. No success. Zog eat quarterly accounting report instead.  :-[

Zog miss blue hided tribe. Zog miss forest tribe. Black hide tribe scare Zog. :(

Zog brave cavern again. Less mess in big wiseman cave. Zog go back to blue tribe and sleep under silent deamon box.

So after trying to eat several computers, you gave up? XD
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2010, 07:16:27 am »

can someone with coding exp please come on, like, now and give me a few pointers?
void *a;
struct whatever ***bcwer;
int **q;

Oh, you didn't want C pointers?

I can't help, didn't try coding yet.
Eh?
Eh!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2010, 07:59:05 am »

Removed because weird jumpy text box thing
    Sir I would kindly request that you stop right there, frankly I feel that qwerty's post was there fore proven by this post of yours here,
between this and a few others you have done nothing but bash everyone, hardly helping anyone along the way, you used my "lab" when I was a tester for your tests leaving me in my misunderstanding of the game's systems to flop and have a hard time even using the door. Your lack of regard for the community you so try to claim you made is sickening and I personaly wouldn't want to be part of it either, hence why I believe is this communitys reason for wanting source to many of your things you have been creating. Your choice of admins also causes great distress and makes me wish that I never even spoke to one of them for the cost of those brain cells I lost was too great. I also feel that you are acting imature and frankly quite childish over this whole thing. It gives you a bad name and really pisses people off, I would believe someone if I didn't know better who stated you were around the age of 12-13 and spoiled rotton as a child your whole life. /politeish rage and/or my 2 cents
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12