Scotsmen
- 62 (63.9%)
Aussie
- 19 (19.6%)
other
- 16 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Scotsmen vs. Aussies  (Read 10502 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Scotsmen vs. Aussies
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2010, 11:10:41 pm »

Oh, I completely forgot there's "other" option. Well, in that case, my bid for Bosnians being most badass: we play minesweeper with real mine fields.

These guys must be your national heroes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs

That made my day.

Also, pine trees also reproduce that way.
Pinecones won't even open up if they're not sufficiently hot enough.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2010, 11:11:13 pm »

So we've got red kangaroos, snakes, spiders, crocodiles, and SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTING TREES.

And the scottish have... The english.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2010, 11:12:41 pm »

Yeah. The Scottish got badass because they constantly fought with everyone, we got badass because if we didn't constantly fight with every piece of flora and fauna in the entire country, we'd not be here today.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2010, 11:13:30 pm »

They're not Dwarves, they're Elves if Elves were practical.
but there aren't any flame-resistant elves.

So we've got red kangaroos, snakes, spiders, crocodiles, and SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTING TREES.

And the scottish have... The english.
And men strong enough to hurl telephone poles while dealing with bagpipes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2010, 12:35:28 am »

Screw the roos, I wanted to see the 2m tall, man-eating emus.
As terrifying as giant chickens sound(no, seriously, I have heard, like, 3rd-hand stories of chickens hunting snakes.), a roo is perfectly capable of spilling all your favourite stuff.

Lyrebirds are awesome.
And quite rare, I saw one once, it went crashing through a bunch of trees, probably knocked down a couple of dead branches...
 Hmmm, thinking about dangerous trees, there is this vine that seems to suffocate a tree and then live as a hollow replica of it. Doesn't sound like a fun way to go... Not much of a new neighbour either...

As a young child I used to hand-feed fishheads to stingrays, but they are completely harmless so I don't know why it would be relevant...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 12:50:22 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2010, 12:51:09 am »

Lianas?  Those are native to the Amazon rainforest.

We may need a new category.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2010, 01:03:03 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangler_fig
Most of the pictures mention Australia, and the Indian one looks tame...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2010, 01:07:59 am »

The Cathedral fig in Cairns is amazing. Someone googlink it or something, I'm too lethargic.

Also, a neighbour of ours owned a lyre bird. Well, not 'owned', because that's illegal. But it nested in their shearing shed and they fed it. I only remember seeing it a few times, but I do remember that it was the world's greatest animal to me, because it could replicate 1000 genuine aussie shearer swearwords. And bleating. And 'NNnnnnnnnyyyaaaawwwww'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2010, 01:09:57 am »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2010, 01:13:23 am »

Australia has Kangaroos and Koalas.
Obviously they win.

China has panda's, but isn't an option :-(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2010, 02:01:30 am »

China is filed away neatly under "other."
Right between Kansas and Not Badass.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2010, 08:06:31 am »

Emus are not giant chickens. There's an Emu farm where I live, and I've seen them peck a dear to death before my own eyes. They run nearly as fast as deer and then beat it to death with their sharp beaks. Also, they killed it while in a swarm.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2010, 09:16:50 am »

If we are going to include other nationalities, there is an amazonian tribe where the test of manhood is to wear a glove made of stinging ants (which have been individually described as causing the most excruciating pain imaginable) for 10 minutes. If you can't handle it, you are a weak baby, and are shunned until you complete it.

They have to do this, not once, not twice, BUT 20 TIMES before they are manly men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraponera
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2010, 09:09:23 pm »

If we are going to include other nationalities, there is an amazonian tribe where the test of manhood is to wear a glove made of stinging ants (which have been individually described as causing the most excruciating pain imaginable) for 10 minutes. If you can't handle it, you are a weak baby, and are shunned until you complete it.

They have to do this, not once, not twice, BUT 20 TIMES before they are manly men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraponera

That's more a test of mental stability than manliness though :P

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2010, 09:23:17 pm »

Emus are not giant chickens. There's an Emu farm where I live, and I've seen them peck a dear to death before my own eyes. They run nearly as fast as deer and then beat it to death with their sharp beaks. Also, they killed it while in a swarm.
Giant chickens would do that too...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14