Scotsmen
- 62 (63.9%)
Aussie
- 19 (19.6%)
other
- 16 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Scotsmen vs. Aussies  (Read 10494 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Scotsmen vs. Aussies
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2010, 08:49:55 am »

Wrap it round the universe? Sure.
Eventually you'd just get a sheet of atoms. It'd be huge, but not infinitely so.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2010, 08:53:50 am »

Wrap it round the universe? Sure.
Eventually you'd just get a sheet of atoms. It'd be huge, but not infinitely so.
That's where the 'keeping it alive' part comes in.

Stretch living tissue (human, dog, whatever) slow enough and it will grow to accomodate the stretching. In this respect, living tissue has no maximum elasticity; if it is stretched at a slow enough speed and kept alive, it can stretch forever.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2010, 09:07:31 am »

you have to feed it also, technically you're inputting matter, adding substance, and that's cheating

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2010, 09:08:17 am »

Anyone ever heard of pig chasing? It's a popular sport in Rural austraila. You see, first we have kelpies/bull-arab dogs which track down pigs. Most pigs will be from about 60 to 110 kilos, but they can get heavier, or lighter, depending. Once the dogs have tracked down a pig, they then 'bail it up'. This is when the dog runs around a pig to confuse it (If it's a small dog), or grabs the pig by the ear to hold it (if it's a big dog). At this point, said Australian runs in, proceeds to try and flip, or push over the pig, and then stabs it in the heart with a knife.

. . .
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2010, 09:08:44 am »

you have to feed it also, technically you're inputting matter, adding substance, and that's cheating

Life is all about cheating :P

Anyone ever heard of pig chasing? It's a popular sport in Rural austraila. You see, first we have kelpies/bull-arab dogs which track down pigs. Most pigs will be from about 60 to 110 kilos, but they can get heavier, or lighter, depending. Once the dogs have tracked down a pig, they then 'bail it up'. This is when the dog runs around a pig to confuse it (If it's a small dog), or grabs the pig by the ear to hold it (if it's a big dog). At this point, said Australian runs in, proceeds to try and flip, or push over the pig, and then stabs it in the heart with a knife.

. . .

In comparison to what certain Australian Wildlifes will do to you if given the chance, that is positively benign.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2010, 09:18:13 am »

Neruz, have you ever seen an adult boar (or worse, a sow with piglets)? Any man that is willing to tackle that huge heap of muscle and tusk has more balls then the guy who beat up a grizzly (i.e. serious testicular fortitude).
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2010, 09:20:31 am »

I think that Neruz is talking about our snakes and spiders thing.

It was once a well known fact that 9/10 of the worlds deadiest snakes could be found in Australia.
It is a well known fact that 9/9 of the world's deadliest snakes can be found in Australia.

But seriously. We're talking a boar that is heavier than most fit adult males. And if they slice you with their incredibly sharp tusks, you immediately have to go to the hospital for antibiotic treatment, lest you get an infection they can't cure. How bad is the infection? The 'antibiotic treatment' happens to be a needle in your deriere every day for a week.

Balls. Big, Steel, Balls. And a little stupidity.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:22:57 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2010, 09:21:35 am »

Oh, i thought Tack was commenting on the brutality of the sport, not the bravery.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2010, 09:24:11 am »

No, because then we'd be outshone by the Texans, who are well known for hunting rabbits with Howitzers.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2010, 09:29:00 am »

Actually Australia does better with poisonous spiders than it does with snakes, Australia also has the honor of being the home of the only colonial spider species known to man. Yes i said colonial spider species, as in spiders that form antlike colonies inside bushes (which get covered in webbing) of several hundred individuals, working together for the good of the hive. This behaviour is so entirely the opposite of normal spider behaviour that is is abjectly terrifying.

My personal theory as to why we don't have all that many poisonous snakes is because the spiders ate them all.

Look at it this way; Australia invented Steve Erwin, a man who jumped on top of 12+ foot Saltwater Crocodiles, some of the biggest, foulest-tempered and most dangerous animals known to man, as well as the closest thing on the planet to dinosaurs, for fun.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2010, 09:30:03 am »

The most truly terrifying thing Australia has ever invented is Bindi Irwin.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2010, 09:31:26 am »

Ned Kelly is our William Wallace.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2010, 09:34:50 am »

The most truly terrifying thing Australia has ever invented is Bindi Irwin.

OHGODGETITAWAYFROMME!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2010, 09:42:51 am »

I think one of the best things Scotlands ever produced (and yes this is counting capitilism, anesthesia, all kinds of machinary and shit) is Irn-Bru. It is thee best fizzy drink ever. It was so good it got banned in the US because of Coca-cola lobbyists trying t oget the secret ingrediant.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2010, 09:56:27 am »

Eh, they tried introducing that over here in Oz, it wasn't very popular. My personal opinion was it was a bit namby-pamby  ;)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14