Scotsmen
- 62 (63.9%)
Aussie
- 19 (19.6%)
other
- 16 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Scotsmen vs. Aussies  (Read 10490 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Scotsmen vs. Aussies
« on: May 08, 2010, 07:48:55 am »

Stupid thread, but whatever.
Discuss.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Scotsmen vs. Aussies
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 07:59:06 am »

Aussie Aussie Aussie, OI OI OI!

(Incidentally, I premptively apologise to any members of foreign countries who have to put up with aussies chanting that at 3am; it's the bogans, we try and get them to class up by paying them enough to get out of the poverty tax bracket, and instead, we just end up spreading the pain to you guys as well)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 08:00:28 am »

As an Aussie, I can confidently say Scotsmen.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 08:12:24 am »

This isn't about patriotism, this is about practicality. They Throw Frickin' telephone poles. They Wield Five Foot Tall Swords!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 08:21:53 am »

But do they wrestle crocodiles?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 08:23:53 am »

Crocodiles are too terrified to go anywhere near a Scotsman, preferring suicide over the imminent pain.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 08:36:15 am »

I voted Scotsman, but as a Scot I'm slightly biased.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 09:11:20 am »

ye gotta have balls ta wear a skirt and not care

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 09:13:15 am »

The Scottish are pretty awesome with their not-Roman-ness and their not-being-taken-over-ness.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 11:17:23 am »

As a half-scottish aussie, I understand the concern that people feel over not knowing who is the more badass.

On one hand, you have a country full of brawny people speaking in incomprehensible accents, and ond the other hand, you have a country full of muscular people speaking in unintelligible accents.

One thing to be noted is that they both come from very dangerous places. The scots live in the frozen northerly reaches of scotland, where you can barely step outside without your extremeties falling off. The aussies live in the bleak expanses of australia, where you can barely step outside without something biting your extremeties off.

Both are renowned for great acts of strength - Aussies wrestle crocodiles and other beasties, whereas the scots toss cabers and listen to bagpipes.

However, I must urge everbody to remember that the aussies in australia today are descended from the hardened criminals of the UK, which includes scotland - They are one and the same.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 11:25:49 am »

ye gotta have balls ta wear a skirt and not care
The Scots are offended by the idea of something between their balls and the ground.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Krumbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 11:41:30 am »

Of course you imagine every man in Scotland has huge muscles and wears a kilt everyday, strengthening his ear drums by listening to the deafening wail of the bagpipes. But really you just walk around poor council estates fighting off the tracksuit brigade and hoping you don't get stabbed.

And when not doing that, you spend every other waking hour hating the English for no particular reason.
Only in Dwarf Fortress could you get 4 armed heads scuttling about on cavern roofs.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 11:47:20 am »

Of course you imagine every man in Scotland has huge muscles and wears a kilt everyday, strengthening his ear drums by listening to the deafening wail of the bagpipes. But really you just walk around poor council estates fighting off the tracksuit brigade and hoping you don't get stabbed.

And when not doing that, you spend every other waking hour hating the English for no particular reason.
Well we are dashingly handsome, I'd hate us if I was a scot and thus lacking in our superior English looks.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 11:50:37 am »

This thread is based on stereotypes. Obviously, everyone in Australia wrestles crocodiles and giant man-eating newts every day.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 12:07:17 pm »

I live too close to Australia to not vote Aussie.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14