Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf mode suggestion, Adventure mode question  (Read 994 times)

Shade

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarf mode suggestion, Adventure mode question
« on: October 31, 2007, 09:21:00 pm »

Having started a new fortress, and running out of supplies before the merchants arrive, i was confronted with a dillema(Or slight inconvenience.): I wanted to build a fishery, my fisherdwarf just wanted to fish. After taking Fishing off his labor menu, he constructed the fishery, and i re-enabled his fishing on the labor menu, shortly thereafter, i wanted him to process the raw fish, but he just wanted to fish. Same problem, same solution...

My point is, it would be nice to be able to flag tasks as "Priority", where, regardless of if an able dwarf was doing a task already, the able dwarf would drop that task to do the new task.

And the question: When is the capability for adventurers to mine, craft, hunt and things along this line planned? Not that i'd want to rush anything, it's just im anticipating that aspect of the game.  :)

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf mode suggestion, Adventure mode question
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »

Your adventure mode question: next year or two, according to this page.
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

Shade

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf mode suggestion, Adventure mode question
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 12:19:00 am »

Thank's for that, though i read just about all the powergoals, bloats and core's, i was curious when that would be implemented, and after all, it -might- be added in before the first version, so im content.

I'll just leave the suggestion here for consideration.