Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: *Dwarf Chocolate* Expansion Mod  (Read 12779 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Dwarf Chocolate* Expansion Mod
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 10:29:15 pm »

Well, there's likely a compatibility issue with one or both of those, then.  Thanks for telling me, it's something I'll have to look into.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 11:37:15 pm »

Well, there's likely a compatibility issue with one or both of those, then.  Thanks for telling me, it's something I'll have to look into.

I've been using it with Ironhand, but I carefully spliced the changes together and made sure they're consistent with the latest version's raws.  But then again, I haven't even ventured into playing adventure mode yet, but I'll give it a try later and report if I get something similar. 

The crematory in its current state works for some things, like vermin remains and corpses.  I'm not planning on keeping it around in its present state, but I do want to include a modified version in the Resource mod that will allow for cremation of It's not a personal requirement for it to burn animal refuse because I intend to find a use for all of it (hair is just begging to be used to make wigs).

I'm not annoyed by any of this, no worries.  I like discussing this stuff.  Sorry if my answers seem a bit vague but all this is very tentative stuff until it's all finished and uploaded.

Ah, good.  Gotcha.

For the cremation, I'm not so sure it works for vermin remains, actually.  Using v0.26b, I started out and immediately was attacked by stupid buzzards and Vermin Gone Wild.  So, I built a crematorium, and saw no reactions available.  Now, the buzzards thing is inconclusive, because those corpses are known to be bugged (missing some sort of necessary tag to be recognized as corpses or something), but the vermin remains weren't burnable.

Checking the raws, I found that dwarves in the entity_default raw contains the [PERMITTED_REACTION:CREMATE], but don't have the [PERMITTED_REACTION:CREMATE_REMAINS] tag.  Once I put that in, remains cremation showed up properly and the little buggers went into the oven.  (The vermin, that is -- not the buzzards, which is expectable.)

Doing a file compare on your version of the reaction and the version in Lazureus's Crematorium Workshop v1.0, they seem identical.  That led me to suspect that perhaps your changes to the reaction to make it workable without modifying the material_template_default somehow didn't make it into the file archive for 0.26b?  Either that, or I botched something good.

Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 12:53:28 am »

You've got it right.  Honestly, the raws in that archive are a mess, and I pretty much dropped it where it was to work on everything else.  I would delete it, but it seems to be useful.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2010, 01:21:13 am »

I am enjoying the other aspects of it, for sure.  Got it integrated with Ironhand and your Flora & Fauna as well.  Cheers on that!
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)
Pages: 1 2 [3]