Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: *Dwarf Chocolate* Expansion Mod  (Read 12774 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: *Dwarf Chocolate* Expansion Mod
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »

I approve of blood cooking.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 06:26:39 pm »

Does it work though? If it works, you should fix the booze the same way, because right now booze food melts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 02:31:26 pm »

It seems that meals get certain attributes from whatever they're made with.  Melting point is one of those attributes.

In order to get blood and booze meals to stay solid is to make the booze and blood themselves solid at above room temperature.  Which would be pretty fun to try out.  It might make bleeding to death impossible.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 03:24:13 pm »

I am pretty sure that the bleeding counter would still go down, it would only change pools of blood to globs of blood.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 09:54:36 pm »

Alright, let's give this puppy a try...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 11:05:13 pm »

Updated, everything works nicely with .05, (edit: and .06), check the recent changes in the first post for details.  World-gen is considerably improved over last version.  Populations are uncapped now for a more lively world with a more fleshed-out history.  See edit below.  With less entities, there's less caravan spam during fortress mode, but there's still the same amount of ethnic diversity in the world so long as you put the creatures somewhere else.

I am pretty sure that the bleeding counter would still go down, it would only change pools of blood to globs of blood.

Yeah, you're probably right.  Still, it was an entertaining thought.

Edit:  Smallish update with version 0.26 for some tweaks and fixes here and there.

Later Edit:   0.26b.  Another small update, but an important one.  Since uncapped populations can cause tremendous slowdown, world populations have now been capped at a value of 100,000 by default.  I'm experimenting to see how high they can go before causing issues on my humble rig.  Entities that build settlements in/migrate to oceanside regions appear to cause considerable slowdown during world-gen as well.  Next version will have this tweaked so that world-gen should be comparable to vanilla speed.

Latest Edit:  Thanks for the bump Deon, you're very kind.

This mod is undergoing major changes for the next release.  Most of its features are being stripped and made modular, and what remains will be a collected of edits to various vanilla files.  Hopefully I'll have a better description by the time I release it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:13:47 pm by SethCreiyd »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 04:30:02 pm »

BUMP because it fell back too far.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 02:16:22 am »

Hey Seth, any news?  This looks very interesting, and am eagerly awaiting the next iteration of it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 03:11:04 am »

Hi there.  The next version is going to be a lot more modular, and a lot of parts of this mod have been sectioned off into other projects.  What will eventually be left of Dwarf Chocolate are all my changes to vanilla game files only (my other mods don't touch original files, they only add new ones).  That'll include material adjustments, modifications and new versions of existing entities, world-gen parameters, and the like.  Now that some of my other projects are out I may resume this one with gusto.

So, thanks very much for the happily-timed bump.   :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:15:05 am by SethCreiyd »

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 05:27:12 pm »

Hey, Seth, I've been tinkering around with mods a bit using this one as a base to start from, and I know you're going through a rather significant update/change for this, as you said, but I was wondering about something I saw in the version up right now.  Was there any reason some parts of the crematorium mod were left out?  I see the building and reaction definitions, but the entity file only includes one of the cremate reactions, and the material templates have no cremation tags.  Was this intended?
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 11:16:48 am »

I was trying to add reactions to the crematory and get it to work fully without the mods to creature mat templates.  I was less than successful at first.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:17 pm »

Ah, I see.  So it should not be considered working in the current version, I take it. (Or did I misread?)

Oh, another thing -- is it intentional that there are two identical language files, LANGUAGE_GOAT and LANGUAGE_WIZARD?

(And, given how you're adjusting your projects as you've described, is feedback of this sort helpful for the work you're currently doing, or is it sort of unhelpful until your next release comes out?)

The Lips of the Chicken
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:53:45 pm by ChickenLips »

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 09:11:53 pm »

I'm also getting a ctd "Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds"
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 09:38:22 pm »

I'm also getting a ctd "Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds"

What version of DF are you running?  I haven't updated this in a while.

The crematory in its current state works for some things, like vermin remains and corpses.  I'm not planning on keeping it around in its present state, but I do want to include a modified version in the Resource mod that will allow for cremation of It's not a personal requirement for it to burn animal refuse because I intend to find a use for all of it (hair is just begging to be used to make wigs).

I'm not annoyed by any of this, no worries.  I like discussing this stuff.  Sorry if my answers seem a bit vague but all this is very tentative stuff until it's all finished and uploaded.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 09:56:21 pm »

What version of DF are you running?  I haven't updated this in a while.

26b

When in adventure mode and trying to fast travel ..."T"  it ctd's.  Only other mods with it are ironhands graphics and wanderer02.  Oddest crash I ever had.

oops....read your question too fast.... the version of DF I'm using is 31_10.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:24:32 am by Chromasphere »
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye
Pages: 1 [2] 3