Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Facestab  (Read 1886 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Facestab
« on: May 08, 2010, 12:42:52 am »

If you have grabbed someone's head and have a weapon in the other hand, can you shove it in their face without modding?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Facestab
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 01:16:12 am »

There no way to target specific bodyparts with your weapon, with or without modding. Best you can do is break joints or gouge out eyes.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 07:31:54 am »

How do I gauge eyeballs out ? I also had no options to actually break their wrist for example, when I grab their head it only gives me throw, takedown or release option, when I grab wrist I can lock it but I just keep locking it and nothing seems to happen and no more options open up :(.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 07:55:02 am »

I think "grasp head with +steel sword+" should work in such a way.

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 08:45:23 am »

You have to grab the head with a free (empty) hand.  There'll be options for "pinch this" and "gouge that", including both eyes.  Brutal, but terribly effective.  In my experience, it takes the fight out of the victim immediately, as one would expect blindness and extreme pain to do.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 11:02:29 am »

It's a lot harder to actually remove the eyes now, but gouging causes extreme pain. Also, try grabbing noses, teeth, ears, toes, etc., and pinching, especially on smaller creatures. It should yank the body part right off.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 03:43:36 pm »

Gouging 'breaks open' (iirc) the eyes pretty easily, even if it doesn't pop the things out like in pre-2010. If both the eyes are broken, vision is lost, even if the eyeballs are still technically in the head. So check the critter's description after a gouging or two, to see if you need to gouge some more, ayuh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 03:45:53 pm »

It's a lot harder to actually remove the eyes now, but gouging causes extreme pain. Also, try grabbing noses, teeth, ears, toes, etc., and pinching, especially on smaller creatures. It should yank the body part right off.

Have you EVER actually seen an eye totally torn out?

The worst I have seen is red eye damage

Also have you ever seen a throat go beyond brown damage?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 04:39:57 pm »

Yep. My adventurer had his throat slashed right open, somehow it stopped bleeding, and I could travel. After checking back on it, I had a massive jagged scar on it. That was of course after my toughness went off the charts after getting legendary +~40 in Fighter, and oh-so-many legendaries in other skills.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 07:41:26 pm »

Yep. My adventurer had his throat slashed right open, somehow it stopped bleeding, and I could travel. After checking back on it, I had a massive jagged scar on it. That was of course after my toughness went off the charts after getting legendary +~40 in Fighter, and oh-so-many legendaries in other skills.

Then what color was the injury?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 08:32:33 am »

Red.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 03:56:01 pm »

I am pretty sure you cannot remove eyes by gouging now, at least I failed a lot of time at it. But "red" state on both eyes makes the creature blind.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 04:34:11 pm »

I'd imagine if a multi-legendary can_learn bronze colossus can't manage to gouge out them eyes, nothing bloody well will. Pinching does nothing (well, besides pain and terror), as well. Eyes are apparently part of the skeletal structure now, or something.

Also, the red state isn't guaranteed to make them blind; iirc, they have to specifically be 'broken open' to stop functioning, and they can go into the red before that. S'a minor thing, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 04:57:20 pm »

Red.

Thats where I object!

My human got shot thru the throat with a crossbow bolt seven times and it was only brown, and eyes can be cyan to top working too!
(what does cyan fall into the damage level)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:41:35 pm by Toybasher »

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 04:58:49 pm »

Pinching does nothing (well, besides pain and terror),

Punching removes small body parts,

Like ripping out teeth and fingers and tows noses and ears

actually pinching to the head can decapitate,killing instantly.
Pages: [1] 2