Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Irrational Fears  (Read 2746 times)

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Irrational Fears
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 12:58:34 am »

I can't take medication that comes in pill/tablet form. I've tried to, so many times. It's always resulted in me nearly choking and then coughing it back up. Chewing is usually what I'll resort to, but some tablets that aren't meant to be chewed -- I have to go without.

I don't have an issue with injections or liquid medicine, so here's hoping if ever I need to take medication due to serious problems it'll be delivered via syringe.

Pathos

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 01:27:57 am »

Oh, I also have a horrible fear of TOUCHING MY OWN WRISTS IN CASE THE VEINS BURST OUT QQ

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 01:39:03 am »

I'm afraid of perceiving things as far and close at the same time. I had a nightmare where I went to a modern art show and someone had a statue that was made like that. Scared me horribly. ._.

I'm also am afraid of sleeping without a blanket. Even if it is really hot, I just have it across my chest.

Also, being unable to move my limbs makes me panic. :\

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 01:39:38 am »

Oh, I also have a horrible fear of TOUCHING MY OWN WRISTS IN CASE THE VEINS BURST OUT QQ

You may secretly be an emo :P

I must say, most of these fears aren't really irrational at all; they're perfectly rational fears that are just a little out of place in modern society.

Pathos

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 01:50:18 am »

You may secretly be an emo :P

I must say, most of these fears aren't really irrational at all; they're perfectly rational fears that are just a little out of place in modern society.

They're irrational as there's little danger to us from them in modern society. That's what makes them irrational. Also, this:-
I'm afraid of perceiving things as far and close at the same time. I had a nightmare where I went to a modern art show and someone had a statue that was made like that. Scared me horribly. ._.

Reminded me of this.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 02:04:38 am »

I have an irrational fear of people I don't know.

I also have an irrational fear of heights, but only in videogames.

I can stand at the edge of a roof of a 5 storey building with no railing just fine, but this just freezes me up on the under sections

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 03:48:39 am »

Bugs, especially when I'm sleeping.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 03:53:02 am »

- Having my feet out from under the quilt / off the edge of the bed. I suppose it's the difference between heat and cool air over my body, but still this horrifies me.
- Not being able to see a part of my room from my bed. I hate not being able to shift over a bit and see everything.

We are kindred spirits.

Anyway:

-any and all illegal drugs. Yes, absolutely all of them. It's debatable whether this is irrational or not, but only because pot is on that list.
-oh, and zombies. Yeah, I know. They freak the fuck out of me. ONE BITE AND THAT'S IT.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 03:56:32 am by Jackrabbit »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 04:19:16 am »

I've always been afraid that if any part of my body other than my head sticks out of the covers, I will be taken by shadow, so I guess I am similar, as well.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 07:44:20 am »

I *think* I can possibly trump everyone in this thread so far.

I have a fairly strong irrational fear of plant roots. The fear depends largely on their proximity, size, structure and occupied volume, but suffice it to say that I don't like going too close to any large fully-exposed (as in I could stick my hand under/into it) section of roots. I don't mind touching them too much with my feet if I am wearing shoes, but generally the more sensory nerve endings in a section of my body then the less I will be willing to touch roots with it. If the roots are liable to move under my weight/contact pressure, then I will absolutely not want to touch them. Smaller plant roots are not too bad (less than 0.5 mm diameter), but anything larger will creep me out. More tangled structures of roots are also scarier.

Also I don't like dead insects touching me, but I guess that is fairly normal in comparison. I actually quite like live ones, but dead ones are disconcerting.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 09:11:52 am »

Is it because of all of those horror stories wherein people are grabbed by roots and buried alive/choked to death? I can see that one.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 09:24:24 am »

syringes, syringes, syringes.
totally afraid of them, without any rational reason. even during the worst illness, as long as I can move I will try to escape and, failing that, cry.( quite embarrassing at my age). I just wish I fainted , so that I could get vaccines and blood analyses more easily.
while the smallest syringe needle can panic me, sewing needles don't have any effect luckily. I regularly get hit by sewing needles ( accidentally of course) when repairing things, but beside the pain it is not a problem, while after an injection, or even sight of a syringe that I know is going to be used on me, I feel so weak I can barely walk.

Also, heights. Not so much irrational however, since if there is a railing I can usually get over it. This is helped by the fact that I like watching the world from above. If there is no railing and a big fall, however, then I wouldn't be able to get near the edge in any other way other than crawling. The closer I get to the railing-less edge , the more the world seem to be tilting toward the edge itself. obviously very uncomfortable when standing.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 12:17:38 pm »

I have a horrible fear of going down stairs
Its not the height its just that i might trip and break my neck
I think it started when i saw a twilight zone where a dad was trying to get rid of his daghters talking doll and one night when he gets up he walks down the stairs and trips on the doll and dies.
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Pathos

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2010, 12:27:09 pm »

I have a horrible fear of going down stairs
Its not the height its just that i might trip and break my neck
I think it started when i saw a twilight zone where a dad was trying to get rid of his daghters talking doll and one night when he gets up he walks down the stairs and trips on the doll and dies.

Oh, man, I know stairs are going to kill me, one day. But this might be justified because I'm ridiculously clumsy and have a habit of falling down stairs and injuring myself.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 01:53:31 pm »

Hallways, I HATE hallways. I don't like the fact that they're essential rectangular tubes. Every time I see one, I always imagine someone I don't want to see on the other end, and even worse, I imagine them running at me. This is bad because in a hallway, you can't dodge sideways, you can only run directly away if no doors are available.

Also, whenever I stand near a bed, I always imagine something from underneath the bed grabbing my ankles. I've developed a habit of leaping onto the bed from roughly five feet away just because of this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3