Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Irrational Fears  (Read 2740 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Irrational Fears
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 04:38:09 pm »

I have a horrible fear of going down stairs
Its not the height its just that i might trip and break my neck
I think it started when i saw a twilight zone where a dad was trying to get rid of his daghters talking doll and one night when he gets up he walks down the stairs and trips on the doll and dies.
TOLD YOU ABAUT THE STAIRS BRO
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 04:39:58 pm »

I have a horrible fear of going down stairs
Its not the height its just that i might trip and break my neck
I think it started when i saw a twilight zone where a dad was trying to get rid of his daghters talking doll and one night when he gets up he walks down the stairs and trips on the doll and dies.

That's the best one, man.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 04:54:04 pm »

Flying insects. Especially around the face. I've gotten better, but I will still react disproportionately.

Heights are no problem whatsoever. I've been rappelling, I've gone up and seen the view from the Empire State Building, the Pearl TV Tower, etc.

I occasionally will have the one about something grabbing me from under the bed (reinforced as an adult by watching The Sixth Sense) but not often.

Now, when I was a kid you entered our house through the basement, which was always poorly lit, and climbed up a rickety set of open wooden stairs, with a big dark pile of assorted junk under the stairs. Yeah, now THAT was hell because you just knew something was waiting to grab your legs and pull you through the stairs and OM NOM NOM TASTY....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 05:47:44 pm »

ya i pretty much dont even touch open stairs
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2010, 06:31:01 pm »

I have cringe moments concerning eye surgery where someone has to stick a needle straight into your pupil while you're conscious and watching the whole thing. Don't go near my eyes, man. It took some willpower to get used to eyedrops. I'm sure contacts wouldn't be a problem, but I'd have to get used to it.

Downer moment: I have irrational anxiety of being in people's attention. I personally love being focused on, but there's some cranial clockwork that associates performances with passing out because of one time, which I can't seem to knock off. Upper moment: It's much better now than before. Strangely, when there is no anxiety, I have an extremely heightened awareness and can pull off huge stunts with the right people/crowd watching.

I also hate wooden spoons with a passion. They just....don't feel right. It's a texture thing. I think it's the scraping in a pan feeling, as I'm fine with chopsticks and items with wooden hilts, just not spatulas and spoons.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 07:21:11 pm »

Downer moment: I have irrational anxiety of being in people's attention. I personally love being focused on, but there's some cranial clockwork that associates performances with passing out because of one time, which I can't seem to knock off. Upper moment: It's much better now than before. Strangely, when there is no anxiety, I have an extremely heightened awareness and can pull off huge stunts with the right people/crowd watching.
I have a similar case, I don't miund chatting with people, but I can't talk to anyone making direct eye contact with them. In a way, it feels I can see their soul (and like a sniper,I fear they can see mine), and decipher them on the spot. You want a snap judgment easy, look directly in the eyes of the person you're talking to.

It doesn't help I work in a job that requires eye contact with customers. Fortunately for me, I find ways around it. Thank goodness I'm *easily* distracted.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 08:30:41 pm »

There's definitely an art to it. A (female) friend and I showed just how intense eyestaring can be by trying different things while doing it, making the reaction completely different with each thing associated with it. Tilting the head down makes you look either really serious with a straight mouth, and really creepy/devious with a smile. Normal head tiltage was the most emotionally intense (not in a loving way, just a general intensity), smiling gives you a huge advantage in a position of power to the starer, and an unsettling sense of vulnerability to the staree. Tilting back gives a sense of, 'your move', and tilting back and smiling give a sense of 'I won', or 'I made a smelly'
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 2 [3]