Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 75559 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #420 on: March 31, 2011, 01:30:02 pm »

A giant olm bone bracelet.
It has a picture of a laboring dwarf and an artifact gold buckler on it.
It's pretty much a waste of bones.
My dwarves went through quite some effort to kill and butcher that giant olm, and now the bones were used in a BRACELET.
At least it was worth about 15 thousand urists.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 02, 2011, 10:35:17 am »

This is a  cow bone toy  axe.  All craftsdwarfship is of  the highest quality. It  is decorated with cow bone and  kapok and encircled  with  bands of pink garnet. This  object is adorned with  hanging rings of mule bone and raw adamantine and menaces with spikes of  cacao wood and raw adamantine. On the item is an image of Witheredvoices the adamantine ring in horse bone.
On the item is an image of Domas Strappedmountains the dwarf and dwarves in emerald. Domas Strappedmountains is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Domas Strappedmountains to the position of king of The Messianic Hammer in 165.

679200☼

And a legendary BoneCarver, huh :)

Death and Taxes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2011, 09:58:00 pm »

I got a turtle bone gauntlet. Or something. It was a gauntlet named The Basis of Funerals, though, which counts for something... or would have, at least, had I killed the creator over it.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2011, 10:21:27 pm »

It seems that Olon Rigothegem, a relatively useless immigrant that arrived in the spring of my second year, had two useful skills ... level 1 metal crafter and level 1.8 bone carver.
It's a pity only elites will wield artifacts. That would have made a neat live training weapon.

I'm in the same position with a leatherworker / woodcrafter. At least one of my starting seven will be happy, he's already had a master bone carver come in and steal his thunder.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2011, 11:34:55 pm »

DwellIvy the Deterioration of Happiness. A Birchen Crutch. 2400 bucks. No decoration... it was made from a single log of Birch, with no other ingredients.

... on the other hand, a Legendary Carpenter is nothing to scoff at. Masterwork Beds for everybody!
Never pet a burning dog.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 15, 2011, 01:02:21 am »

Well its name is suiting Blue Emu, your happiness would deteriorate if you broke you leg and had to use a crutch.

My worst artifact is Mebzuth Gutid, "The Oar of Uttering", a bismuth spear.
Made by a single block bizmuth brought from a caravan.

Worth 6720 DB.

# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 15, 2011, 02:10:49 am »

I had an otherwise-undecorated zinc earring. Made by a possessed dorf, so I didn't even get a legendary metalcrafter out of it.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 15, 2011, 10:00:13 pm »

A possession gave me a cedar bed adorned with bronze spikes. With a picture of itself in bronze. Needless to say, I sold it dumped it down into the caverns it as soon as I could, and had the creator banished to the caverns for wasting bronze. I enlisted him into the military so he wouldn't flee from a fight, he's currently winning a fist fight with a molemarian, although he seems to have lady luck backing him. If he survives a season in the caverns, I may let him back into the fort.

EDIT: I said sell when I meant buried it in the caverns, sleep deprivation is at work. I wish I could sell artifacts, though, so maybe it's just my brain editing subconscious messages into my posts.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:40:06 pm by Stone Wera »

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2011, 10:07:58 pm »

A possession gave me a cedar bed adorned with bronze spikes. With a picture of itself in bronze. Needless to say, I sold it as soon as I could, and had the creator banished to the caverns for wasting bronze. I enlisted him into the military so he wouldn't flee from a fight, he's currently winning a fist fight with a molemarian, although he seems to have lady luck backing him. If he survives a season in the caverns, I may let him back into the fort.

I sold it

Two things.

First, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SELL AN ARTIFACT BED?!

Second of all... HOW DO YOU SELL ARTIFACTS?  :o

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2011, 10:46:40 pm »

This is a  cow bone toy  axe.  All craftsdwarfship is of  the highest quality. It  is decorated with cow bone and  kapok and encircled  with  bands of pink garnet. This  object is adorned with  hanging rings of mule bone and raw adamantine and menaces with spikes of  cacao wood and raw adamantine. On the item is an image of Witheredvoices the adamantine ring in horse bone.
On the item is an image of Domas Strappedmountains the dwarf and dwarves in emerald. Domas Strappedmountains is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Domas Strappedmountains to the position of king of The Messianic Hammer in 165.

679200☼

And a legendary BoneCarver, huh :)
On the bright side, it happened after you upgraded to a version that supports bone artifacts with decorations on them. ;)  Sucks that raw adamantine was used. ;(
First, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SELL AN ARTIFACT BED?!

Second of all... HOW DO YOU SELL ARTIFACTS?  :o
Questions seconded! :D  I tried to sell an artifact.  It let me move it to the depot, but it did not display the item in the list of things I could sell ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2011, 11:41:55 pm »

That was a typo, I dropped it off into the caverns.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 16, 2011, 01:11:03 am »

My Dwarf's made an Adamantium statue of the King of the Elf Civ we where at war with.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 16, 2011, 01:29:10 am »

My Dwarf's made an Adamantium statue of the King of the Elf Civ we where at war with.

As long as alongside this statue is the dead mutilated body of the king, its's all good. Also, hi.

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 16, 2011, 01:35:41 am »

That was a typo, I dropped it off into the caverns.

Dude, you ditched an ARTIFACT BED. as in, SOMETHING THAT MAKES NOBLES SHUT UP AND ALLOW MANDATES TO BE IGNORED.

Beds = best artifacts.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 16, 2011, 02:44:29 am »

SOMETHING THAT MAKES NOBLES SHUT UP AND ALLOW MANDATES TO BE IGNORED.
I thought that was magma?
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32