Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76891 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2011, 03:12:51 pm »

Worst? Probably the pine amulet encircled with bands of pig iron and menacing with spikes of naked mole dog leather.

Of course, that was balanced out by the cotton candy battleaxe that ended up going to my master axedwarf militia commander so that he could be even more effective at killing the clowns.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 05, 2011, 04:02:46 pm »

A mug. can remember exact rescription but one of its 3? engravings was of a dwarf and an elf. the dwarf is striking down the elf.
ive had a cow bone menacing spike that adorns a weapon trap and in a differentfortress, a mica door with engraving of a giantess crippling an elf princesses eyelid.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2011, 04:54:02 pm »

In an early fort I somehow managed to get two two-humped camel bone armour stands in a row.
Worth a grand total of 2400 urists.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 05, 2011, 05:09:20 pm »

In an early fort I somehow managed to get two two-humped camel bone armour stands in a row.
Worth a grand total of 2400 urists.

At least you get a matching set.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 05, 2011, 06:02:54 pm »

I got a yak leather boot with a picture of itself on it as my last artifact.  The only good thing about it was the guy that made it became a legendary leather worker because of it.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Kellaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 06, 2011, 03:11:58 pm »

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 06, 2011, 03:16:53 pm »

It's funny how many people think artifacts are lame when in fact they are awesome.

Make this one into a lever and put it in your dining room to generate an unending stream of happy thoughts. Set it on continual pull and assign it to unhappy dwarves and you will get even more benefit, albeit at the cost of burning their labor cycles.

Kellaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 06, 2011, 03:17:52 pm »

Thanks for the tip!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 08, 2011, 04:53:10 pm »

what? that's great! make it into a trap and light it on fire, it'll burn forever.

It's funny how many people think artifacts are lame when in fact they are awesome.

Make this one into a lever and put it in your dining room to generate an unending stream of happy thoughts. Set it on continual pull and assign it to unhappy dwarves and you will get even more benefit, albeit at the cost of burning their labor cycles.
NINJAS!!!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 22, 2011, 11:41:21 pm »

I got a mussel shell figurine of blood gnats.  With an image of blood gnats, in mussel shell.

Urist was also possessed at the time.

Talk about a waste of a good mussel shell...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 23, 2011, 03:00:41 am »

A cave spider silk face veil. The best part? in a different fortress I had got another cave spider silk face veil.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #401 on: March 23, 2011, 01:32:23 pm »

A mug. can remember exact rescription but one of its 3? engravings was of a dwarf and an elf. the dwarf is striking down the elf.
ive had a cow bone menacing spike that adorns a weapon trap and in a differentfortress, a mica door with engraving of a giantess crippling an elf princesses eyelid.

It's a funny trade-off.  Useless item, with awesome engravings.  My artifact chair yesterday is very useful--it's in one of the community dining rooms--but it has images of elves striking down dwarves. My parent civ is at war with the elves and has been for over 100 years.

don't be too hard on the door and the menacing spike--they may not be exciting but they're useful!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2011, 05:30:14 am »

My leatherworker took the butcher's shop and made a baby bone ring.
He killed a freaking baby for some ring that's worth only 1200 dwarfbucks.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2011, 06:14:00 am »

A bone helmet made out of dwarf bone from a fell or macabre mood. It was made out of my legendary miner and it had nothing on it.

I can't help but to think that the fell dwarf just decapitated the miner and used his skull as a helmet.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2011, 01:11:24 pm »

A bone helmet made out of dwarf bone from a fell or macabre mood. It was made out of my legendary miner and it had nothing on it.

I can't help but to think that the fell dwarf just decapitated the miner and used his skull as a helmet.
At least it wasn't your legendary armor/weaponsmith. ;)   .22 is supposed to have fixed the bone artifacts not showing their decorations, as well.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32