Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76912 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #375 on: January 26, 2011, 12:19:28 pm »

Incredible. This is my 12th-ish fort, and also first where I have limited the pop cap(now at 120). Its the first fort ever where I have got weapon artifacts other than bows or crossbows.

This now has a 3rd:

Could it be of any use, other than fitting in a weapon trap in the middle of the statue garden? And before you ask, it was a possession.

Looking at the raws, it seems it would have been my most awesome artifact ever had it been a warhammer or a mace.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:24:16 pm by Erkki »

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2011, 12:10:25 am »

Tatonshen Shedim Arek: Touchchants the Shadow of Churches; a horseleather turban. It is adorned with hanging rings of horseleather.

At least it was a legit mood.
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2011, 12:34:47 am »

Could it be of any use, other than fitting in a weapon trap in the middle of the statue garden? And before you ask, it was a possession.

Artifact weapons get huge bonuses, so it's a hell of a good spear. Give it to an unhappy speardwarf and make his day.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2011, 01:24:02 am »

It will never be as good as a nice steel spear. Artifact bonuses are x3, while masterwork bonuses are x2, and I doubt billon is very good weapon material.

Doesn't change the fact that it's more than twice as valuale as a masterwork steel spear. I sense a noble removal lever.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Spork The Slightly Insane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McWrestler cancels attack: sent into orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2011, 01:28:13 am »

This:

Don't know the value, still the first few months in the fort so the broker doesn't have any experience in appraisal.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2011, 01:35:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and he was possessed too
LOSING IS FUN!

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2011, 06:46:36 am »

I doubt billon is very good weapon material.
Actually, billon being a silver-copper alloy means it should be reasonably effective. I'll have to check the raws.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 02, 2011, 05:56:58 am »

Not the worst, but fitting to this thread. Due to the bug with bone artifacts missing decorations, my goblin bone floodgate got named "The Creation Of Failure".

JimboOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 02, 2011, 10:14:40 am »

I once got an artifact short skirt.  That was pretty bad.  It was decorated with the sort of inane things you'd see at a fashion show.  Not exactly the ideal throne room decoration.  Can the military screen get someone to equip it?  I could have possibly stationed a female dwarf next to the throne if I hadn't let my fort get conquered.

Another one was an artifact steel right gauntlet.  I mean, that armorer was working away and I was thinking an artifact helm, breastplate, shield... it was going to be totally awesome.  But no, just the right gauntlet.  An interesting decoration, but... one of the worst in terms of hope crushing.

Can you restrain dwarfs for reasons other than law enforcement?  You could recreate a jabba's palace kind of thing.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2011, 03:15:23 am »

Behold the glory of Ilasodkish, "The Absolute Ferns"! It is a pair of turkey leather trousers, bearing an image of a wave in turkey leather, and an image dedicated to the wanderings of Eman Orbsfeast the Dusk of Abysses, the mate of the screaming woman.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 05, 2011, 03:59:24 am »

This:

Don't know the value, still the first few months in the fort so the broker doesn't have any experience in appraisal.
i think you win dude.

or lose, im not sure.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 05, 2011, 04:12:17 am »

Migrant wave, immediately a fell mood strikes a fish dissector. He grabs my baron and takes him to the leather work. A few minutes later, ta da! Dwarf leather thong. It menaces with spikes of dwarf bone. That fish dissector (now a miner) never goes anywhere without it.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2011, 11:40:47 am »

Migrant wave, immediately a fell mood strikes a fish dissector. He grabs my baron and takes him to the leather work. A few minutes later, ta da! Dwarf leather thong. It menaces with spikes of dwarf bone. That fish dissector (now a miner) never goes anywhere without it.
Whoa.
I'd call that "best artifact ever". Vaguely lovecraftian, too.
... whoa.  :o
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 05, 2011, 12:04:39 pm »

Zaludcustith ron Munest, "Futurepassage the Rage of Groves", a hematite toy hammer.
This is a hematite toy hammer. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of hematite.

so, to recap.
a) it's a toy.
b) it's made of iron ore (AAAAGH)
c) it's covered in sharp spikes so kids will hurt themselves playing with it.
d) the spikes are made of MORE precious iron ore (fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu)
e) it's name predicts a war involving elves (ok not so bad)

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 05, 2011, 02:01:18 pm »

Whoa.
I'd call that "best artifact ever". Vaguely lovecraftian, too.
... whoa.  :o

It's just that the silver walls and throne room I gave the baron to keep him happy are pretty much for nothing now. That was silver that could've been used for maces. Also, he couldn't have made something that we could've used, like a statue or decoration? No, he just had to make a murder thong and keep it all to himself.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32